Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents (3360 Views)

Soldiers Kill Two, Injure Policeman, Colleague / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Gunmen Kidnap Corps Member, Kill Two In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by newmaster(m): 3:21am On Mar 20, 2010
Gun men kill two EFCC agents
By AGENCY REPORTER, Published: Saturday, 20 Mar 2010

EFCC Chairman, Farida Waziri

Barely 24 hours after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission raised the alarm on plans by unknown people to attack them, an armed gang on Friday killed two of its operatives.

The victims were part of a team of five operatives returning from Owerri to Enugu where they had attended a court proceeding in a case that involved, Mr. Albert Chikwe, husband of a former Minister of Aviation, Dr. Kema Chikwe.

Chikwe is being tried for an alleged N40m fraud.

Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Femi Babafemi, told our correspondent that the first victim, Mr. Eze Adaga, died on the spot, while the second, whose identity could not be ascertained, died in a yet to be disclosed hospital from gun shot wounds.

”While the trial was one, our men got signals that there were strange movements at the court. And the men were attacked after leaving the court,” Babafemi said.

He declined to disclose the name of the hospital the victims were taken to for safety reasons.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100320401146

Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by OYBMEND: 3:33am On Mar 20, 2010
I hope Farida Waziri is not risking the life of her own men to attract sympathy and save her job.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Fhemmmy: 4:10am On Mar 20, 2010
OYB_MEND:

I hope Farida Waziri is not risking the life of her own men to attract sympathy and save her job.

Ummmmmm
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by jumobi1(m): 4:17am On Mar 20, 2010
Yes Boss.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by bkbabe97: 4:19am On Mar 20, 2010
The Chikwe guy is Ibo right? Dayyyuuummm!!!! Why cant Ibos solve issues without violence?!?!?!
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Fhemmmy: 4:20am On Mar 20, 2010
bk/babe97:

The Chikwe guy is Ibo right? Dayyyuuummm!!!! Why cant Ibos solve issues without violence?!?!?!

Tribal trigger . . . . It is a Nigerian issue and not tribal thing
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by coldhearts(f): 4:32am On Mar 20, 2010
Ibos have to really calm down, violence isn't worth it. Actually, all Nigerians need to calm down.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Fhemmmy: 4:34am On Mar 20, 2010
coldhearts:

Ibos have to really calm down, violence isn't worth it. Actually, all Nigerians need to calm down.

That is the key word . . . . As long as we are in one Nigeria, we all have to see reason to kool down as one nation.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 20, 2010
coldhearts:

Ignorance is a very bad thing

The last 3 politicians killed in the 2 months were in the South west were killed by igbos to I guess

And except you are privy to some special info, I did not see any part of this news that says Chikwe is responsible for the death of these guys

So just go get some education.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by imhomoh(m): 6:27am On Mar 20, 2010
Chikwe should be held 4 their death. Bt there must be evidence
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by KnowAll(m): 7:35am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

A Witch cried yesterday, a child died today, the wicth that cried killed the child , warp and unilleligble logics to say the least
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by pappilo(m): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2010
Kini Big Deal?
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by stiyke(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2010
mikeansy:

Ignorance is a very bad thing

The last 3 politicians killed in the 2 months were in the South west were killed by igbos to I guess

And except you are privy to some special info, I did not see any part of this news that says Chikwe is responsible for the death of these guys

So just go get some education.

WORD!!

Maybe madam is cleaning up b4 the axe falls on her as is speculated.

bk/babe97:

bk/babe pls get some education and then get some sense , i wonder what parent let a like you child so loose
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Sagamite(m): 10:37am On Mar 20, 2010
bk/babe97:

coldhearts:

I think you are both caused!!!

Mooooorons!!!
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by mikeoscar: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2010

Is this a rhetorical question or one of those sweeping one liners?
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Gentle4lyf: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2010
"MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE, "

I strongly think that should have been the first thing before finger pointing, Don't we care about the dead guys?
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by maximized(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
Gentle4lyf:

"MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE, "

I strongly think that should have been the first thing before finger pointing, Don't we care about the dead guys?

I agree. May their souls rest in peace.

bk/babe97:

You're not a complete idiot. You have got a few parts missing.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Gunnaz007: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
newmaster:

Gun men kill two EFCC agents
By AGENCY REPORTER, Published: Saturday, 20 Mar 2010

EFCC Chairman, Farida Waziri

Barely 24 hours after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission raised the alarm on plans by unknown people to attack them, an armed gang on Friday killed two of its operatives.

The victims were part of a team of five operatives returning from Owerri to Enugu where they had attended a court proceeding in a case that involved, Mr. Albert Chikwe, husband of a former Minister of Aviation, Dr. Kema Chikwe.

Chikwe is being tried for an alleged N40m fraud.

Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Femi Babafemi, told our correspondent that the first victim, Mr. Eze Adaga, died on the spot, while the second, whose identity could not be ascertained, died in a yet to be disclosed hospital from gun shot wounds.

”While the trial was one, our men got signals that there were strange movements at the court. And the men were attacked after leaving the court,” Babafemi said.

He declined to disclose the name of the hospital the victims were taken to for safety reasons.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100320401146

As far as I am concerned it is deceitful for Babafemi to claim that they got signals of strange movements in courts because their men were killed after court proceedings, thereby ascribing the assasination to the defendant (i am not defending the alleged theft of d chikwes). Is this the first case efcc has handled in court? why didnt we hear of strange movements stories in d cases of the Iboris, Bode george, Kalu, etc? OR efcc wants us to believe that there were no strange movements in cases involving other money offenders

This statement is reckless and a veiled guilty (wrt the assasination) sentence against the defendant.

How about this SCHOOL OF THOUGHT: The late agents must not have been involved with only the case of the Chikwes, they must have been involved with other cases; and their assailants might have chosen that particular time to hit at them!

Come to think of it, during Ribadu's reign at efcc, there was no assasination (even with the obviously dangerous foes he was taking on), now madam's reign is mingled with assasinations to create the impression that she is more active and decisive than her predecessor undecided hisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by Kx: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2010
the musicians sang"one day the bush meat will catch the hunter"
i expect the police to say the killers were armed robbers as usual.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by redsun(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2010
That job is a high risk job for the fact that they are dealing with gangsters from top to bottom.The EFCC guys should be armed to the teeth at all time and be ready die or defend themselves at any given moment.

They should be supremely trained and prepared to take on the untouchables,nigerian thieves are not going to give up the melting pot without a fight,it could have been ibori,obasanjo or whoever that organized the hit.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by chelseabmw(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2010
what??
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by DeepSoul(f): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
pappilo:

Kini Big Deal?

grin

Very apt. Most pple dont get the "joke". Lol
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by eros(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
They had it coming. cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by emmydee(m): 11:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
Nigeria is a mine field. Taking such risks as in investgating fraud is suicidal.
Our judiciary cant investigate the killings, so working in such agencies like media, efcc, icpc and even
the courts is suicidal in Nigeria. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by mbulela: 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
pappilo:

Kini Big Deal?
Gbam!!
you beat me to it.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by mrofficial(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2010
go to school church don't be late
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by choppepe: 10:48am On Mar 21, 2010
@bk/babe97 stop being tribalistic.beside why do u point fingers to chikwe?EFFC alot of pple wnt them dead.so thi k well.i hope our govt will take of their families,they died on actve service
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by beeman80: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
This is quite sad.Taking lives of men of the law? What is this nation turning into?Violence in politics,in the hinterlands and everywhere.This nation needs divine purification.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by RESTAURANTMANAGER(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2010
Well, I am not surprised when Nigerians raise alarm over killings like this when in civilised societies jobs like this are considered high risk jobs, hence the operatives would have signed for the worst while enlisting (occupational hazards), the only snag is that in Nigeria such cases are never investigated. We need a total and if necessary a bloody revolution against the enemies of the state.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by ayettymama(f): 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
i dont get it

if they knew there was a threat on thie rlives why werent they protected?

ah ah

have we run out of military men, police?? private security??

abeg let this not be an escuse for them to hold the case or stop investigations

the show must go on!!

just make sure people are better protected next time!
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by honeric01(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
Here i was trying to join the EFCC, menn, not ready to die for people who ain't ready to change oo.
Re: Nigeria Alarm - Gun Men Kill Two Efcc Agents by kech(f): 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
ayettymama:

i dont get it

if they knew there was a threat on thie rlives why werent they protected?

ah ah

have we run out of military men, police?? private security??

abeg let this not be an escuse for them to hold the case or stop investigations

the show must go on!!

just make sure people are better protected next time!

Same question I was thinking. Coupled with the fact that they claimed to have seen "suspicious movements around the court". Which means they had information beforehand. Why wasn't extra care taken? If the worst comes to the worst , they sleep in Owerri that day. Sometimes the decisions some people make beat my imagination. This EFCC job is not beans. Madam or whoever should be more serious in protecting the lives of these operatives. See honeric01 say im no go join again undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Murdered In South Africa (pics) / Man Grabs Lady’s Ass In Computer Village (video) / Nigerian Woman Jailed For Using Stolen British Passport To Travel For 15 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.