Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme (203079 Views)

Dangote Management Trainee Aptitude Test Invitation / TGI Group Of Companies Management Trainee Program 2018 / NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by unamdi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ilekebyola:
Please what of those that haven't gotten mail for online test,success mail or regret mail... Like me. What's my fate ooo
You didn't meet the requirement
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Anzabur(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have not seen reply and i wrote the test on saturday,i am feeling tensed!
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Anzabur(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have not seen reply and i wrote the test on saturday,i am feeling tensed!
ebomski94:
Anyone else who has not gotten a response from union bank?
yes ooo,i wrote the test on saturday!
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by encryptor: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Please is this mail it for interview or test. So i know how to dress
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by eseh1(f): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
Juniorkenneth:
Please where is promotional under? Cant find that please quote author=eseh1 post=62349477]i repeat..check your promotions...thats where I
I dnt kno the exact device you are using ...this is a screenshot...you can log on to the mail directly from Google.. e.g www.Gmail.com...you should see promotions icon
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Enkay12: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
I sent a mail to them.. Awaiting their response

encryptor:
Please is this mail it for interview or test. So i know how to dress
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by jamesbridget13(f): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
unamdi:

You didn't meet the requirement
hmmmmmmm! Then they should have said those that are currently serving shouldn't apply an. My sis I applied for will round up her service next month n from their requirements they said latest January 2018. Well! Its ok
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Juniorkenneth: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
eseh1:
I dnt kno the exact device you are using ...this is a screenshot...you can log on to the mail directly from Google.. e.g www.Gmail.com...you should see promotions icon
I use Yahoo mail for this particular recruitment and it's not in my spam and all.. I have double checked
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by eseh1(f): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Juniorkenneth:

I use Yahoo mail for this particular recruitment and it's not in my spam and all.. I have double checked
then chill..maybe they haven't sent yours then..

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by abmop: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
Assessment centre is a form of testing process mainly used by employers in recruiting graduates. It is often the final process in most graduation application processes, performed either at the employer's office or private assessment centers. This is where candidates are evaluated using multiple individual and group tasks, and all of which are aimed at giving the employer a profound and accurate profile of candidates' competencies and a prediction of their future performance.
Recruiters use assessment centres to find out how candidates perform in various situations, in particular group situations, which are often modelled on real life work-based scenarios. They are most frequently used by large graduate employers who want to hire a relatively large number of people for a similar job role, such as a graduate scheme.
Assessment centres usually consist of a four to eight-hour schedule over one or two days, although, mass recruitment campaigns can sometimes be a three-day process. The exact schedule for each employer's Assessment Day can vary according to the position for which the Assessment is being held. Imagine the situation - sitting in a room, with a group of unfamiliar people, usually competing for the same job, facing new and very challenging tasks with ambiguous instructions from assessors who continuously observe your behaviour while taking notes.
Below are key activities and exercises administered at assessment centres. Learn the concepts of each task and acquire practice tools with JobTestPrep's online psychometric test practice.
Verification tests Nowadays, most ability and reasoning tests are part of the preliminary online application process. In most cases, only candidates who successfully pass these tests will be summoned to the assessment centre. However, verification tests are expected at the beginning of the assessment day; you will asked to sit a shorter version of your numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning or non-verbal reasoning test to validate your previous performance.
Case studies In these exercises, you are given a set of papers relating to a particular situation and are asked to make recommendations in the form of a brief report. The subject matter itself may not be important (and even ridiculous at times). However, you are being tested on your ability to analyse information, to think clearly and logically, and to exercise your judgment.
In-tray exercises These are business simulation exercises in which you are given a full in-tray or electronic inbox with e-mails, company memos, telephone and fax messages, reports and correspondence, as well as information about the structure of the organisation and your place within it. You are expected to take decisions, prioritise your workload, draft replies, delegate tasks, recommend action to superiors, and so on. This exercise is designed to test how you handle complex information within a limited time frame; the exercise allows you to demonstrate your organisational and planning skills. Some employers also want to know why you have made certain decisions and may ask you to annotate items in the tray or discuss your decisions later. In-tray exercises are often a core element of the assessment centre.
Presentations Some employers will ask you to prepare a short talk or presentation. You may be asked to bring a prepared presentation to the Assessment Centre but usually it must be produced on the day. You could be given a topic for discussion or have free choice; the subject matter is not necessarily important – the assessor wants to ascertain whether you can structure and communicate information effectively, deliver a concise, fluent and coherent flow of ideas, and be ready to tackle related questions without hesitation.
Group tasks You may be asked as a group to use equipment or materials to make something (how to move a golf ball from one table to another using a paper clip and pipe cleaner, for example). The selectors are more interested in how the group interacts than in the quality of the finished product. They will also be assessing your planning and problem-solving skills and the creativity of your independent ideas.
Role plays and Scenarios You may be asked to take part in a role-playing exercise where you are given a briefing pack and asked to play a part which is related to the future position you are applying for. The setup might include a few "actors" in the scene involving a day-to-day dilemma, placing you as the decision maker who is expected to cope with the dilemma and offer solutions. The assessors are looking for your individual skills, as well as your verbal communication and planning skills
Interviews Interviews are a crucial part of the selection process. In some cases, the assessment day includes more than one interview. The interviews are conducted by hired assessors, members of the recruitment team and/or by a senior member of the team/department you will be joining. Good interview performance can change the overall impression you make, and even cover for other areas in which you have demonstrated low performance. It is highly important to follow some basic guidelines and internalise recommended courses of action.
Source: JobTestPrep

8 Likes

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by youngmoneys: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
onlyme07:
I missed the test guys. I just saw the test in my promotion mail while reading some response now..So Sad..!

Try and click and attend!!!u might be luki cos some ple saw it late too and they were able to do d test
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by elderkezini92: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
Anybody knows the dress-code please?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Deuces22: 4:33am On Nov 14, 2017
jamesbridget13:
hmmmmmmm! Then they should have said those that are currently serving shouldn't apply an. My sis I applied for will round up her service next month n from their requirements they said latest January 2018. Well! Its ok

Qualification
1. Not more than 26 years old by January 2018
2. A graduate with Second Class Upper or First Class grade in any course from an accredited University
3. Must have completed NYSC

Note: Candidate *must* av completed NYSC (with NYSC certificate at hand, on or before d deadline for registration, which is tomorrow) but must not be more than 26 years by January 2018.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Deuces22: 4:45am On Nov 14, 2017
They implicitly and even explicitly stated that corps members should not apply. We shud just learn how to comprehend instructions and other related stuffs. That was how some peeps during tha ECOBANK test stuff only ticked one option when the instruction clearly said that u shud pick d two best options in d verbal aspect.

There are other opportunities, tell ur sis not to fret.

Wow, so d next stage is the assessment centre?
I've never done that one o, d process looks long and scary.
God shud help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by spik007: 5:08am On Nov 14, 2017
We are only coming around to verify if actually we wrote the first test.
If its an assessment centre, it ought to be stated in the mail and documents we are to come along with coupled with the dress code.
It appears like a verification test to me

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Freddgreat(m): 5:24am On Nov 14, 2017
wao...
slow down
is it an assessment day?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by jamesbridget13(f): 5:48am On Nov 14, 2017
Deuces22:

Qualification
1. Not more than 26 years old by January 2018
2. A graduate with Second Class Upper or First Class grade in any course from an accredited University
3. Must have completed NYSC

Note: Candidate *must* av completed NYSC (with NYSC certificate at hand, on or before d deadline for registration, which is tomorrow) but must not be more than 26 years by January 2018.
Thanks, I think d issue is d nysc. My sis will be 26 by January 2018 n a 2:1 holder. Well accepted. I just have to tell her
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by omobaby101(f): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2017
Wrote the test on Saturday, but haven't gotten any mail.. Either success or regret from Pushcv. Am I the only one?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by jamesbridget13(f): 6:09am On Nov 14, 2017
spik007:
We are only coming around to verify if actually we wrote the first test.
If its an assessment centre, it ought to be stated in the mail and documents we are to come along with coupled with the dress code.
It appears like a verification test to me
that's it. Some people did malpractice, most used calculator, some others wrote for them. They want u people to prove to them if actually d u did d test urself. Definitely, some will fail. The successful ones will move to d next stage I guess. Good luck to u guys

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by 1samm: 6:48am On Nov 14, 2017
i thought d application is still ongoing?..why are they sending another selection emails?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Enkay12: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2017
Madam! It wasnt stated if we should use calculator or not in the stage 1. I'm sure everyone did, Some of those that weren't successful used calculator too. Anyways, good luck to all

jamesbridget13:
that's it. Some people did malpractice, most used calculator, some others wrote for them. They want u people to prove to them if actually d u did d test urself. Definitely, some will fail. The successful ones will move to d next stage I guess. Good luck to u guys

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by izzou(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2017
I didn't receive any mail oh

Habaa

grin grin grin grin

We move on still.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Deuces22: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2017
Enkay12:
Madam! It wasnt stated if we should use calculator or not in the stage 1. I'm sure everyone did, Some of those that weren't successful used calculator too. Anyways, good luck to all

Calculator was even allowed in d first stage. The message containing d link to the test stated dat u would need a calculator 4 d numerical and logical reasoning segments.

I don't know why it's not allowed in this second stage. Just practise some of the questions in the first test, I guess they will repeat those questions. The purpose of this second test, like someone rightly said, is to confirm d authenticity of the first.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by omobaby101(f): 8:09am On Nov 14, 2017
izzou:
I didn't receive any mail oh

Habaa

grin grin grin grin

We move on still.
When did you write the test?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by izzou(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2017
omobaby101:

When did you write the test?

Friday
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Enkay12: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2017
This was sent to me in response to the mail I sent to them

Dress Code for Stage 2 Test: Business Casual.
Type of Test: Aptitude test

Good luck!
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by peacenaija(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2017
Enkay12:

Good luck!
I also got this as a SMS stating where to write my test.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by spik007: 9:14am On Nov 14, 2017
Enkay12:

Good luck!

For business casual ,you don't need to be on suit.
A polo with jeans/chinos is okay for gentlemen
Same thing applies to the ladies.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Enkay12: 9:20am On Nov 14, 2017
Yea.. Same here. When and where is yours?

peacenaija:

I also got this as a SMS stating where to write my test.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by ebomski94: 9:37am On Nov 14, 2017
So we that didn't get any mail should move on right? embarassed
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by DeniseKendricks: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2017
helpful information..... I just got my invite to take the online test, deadline is tomorrow...God help me
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by omobaby101(f): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2017
ebomski94:
So we that didn't get any mail should move on right? embarassed

I think we should....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (52) (Reply)

Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study / Lagos State Local Government Service Commission Recruitment 2017 / NERC Recruitment: What's the update?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.