Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme (203008 Views)

Dangote Management Trainee Aptitude Test Invitation / TGI Group Of Companies Management Trainee Program 2018 / NBC Management Trainee 2017 DragnetNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by adakaibeyamma: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
captain1990:
Good afternoon everyone

I read through the thread and I could remember how it was some years back for me too.

Congrats to those that have been scheduled for the assessment centre.

In order not to be caught unawares, try and practise how to solve case studies within a limited time frame .

For you to be successful, you must nail both the individual presentation and the group presentation.

Be confident, think before you talk and be at the top of your game (remember you've got only one shot at this)

I wish everyone the best and hope to see your faces soon.
Thanks a lot. How has it been working for UBN?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by captain1990(f): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
adakaibeyamma:
Thanks a lot. How has it been working for UBN?

It's been awesome. It is really a nice place to start a banking career.

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by captain1990(f): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ninaann39:
Chai, as una dey talk dis 199k I don already dey plan how to dey chop am. God don't let dis pass me by

Its 199k till you are confirmed. Then it drops to 150k as a result of the upfront paid in January and August.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Finegirl23: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
captain1990:

Its 199k till you are confirmed. Then it drops to 150k as a result of the upfront paid in January and August.
what do you mean by upfront?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by luchee(f): 5:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
yebzman:
I noticed all that have taken the AC cleverly evaded the question of 'How was it'
Owk, It was Fyn... A normal, typical AC with group and individual presentation. We were about 15 divided into two groups and given a case study to analyze. It's pretty simple to do.
Just when I tot companies where ridiculous with age limit...
I meet several persons with Masters at < 23 competing for the same Job.
The staff were very friendly and the whole environment was relaxed and we related well with everyone.
Hello dear, thanks a lot for your kindness. Expecting your good news.
Quick question please. Did you have to make visual presentations (PowerPoint slides) or was it just verbal presentations? Thanks
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by adakaibeyamma: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2017
luchee:

Hello dear, thanks a lot for your kindness. Expecting your good news.
Quick question please. Did you have to make visual presentations (PowerPoint slides) or was it just verbal presentations? Thanks
Someone said they made use of flip charts

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by okpala95(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pls are still sending AC invites?? Still hoping for mine.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yunggeeben(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2017
yebzman:
I noticed all that have taken the AC cleverly evaded the question of 'How was it'
Owk, It was Fyn... A normal, typical AC with group and individual presentation. We were about 15 divided into two groups and given a case study to analyze. It's pretty simple to do.
The staff were very friendly and the whole environment was relaxed and we related well with everyone.
pls can you drop ur number or contact me via yunggeeben@gmail.com.. I need to verify something urgent.. cos am currently in Sokoto and am scheduled for AC in Lagos ...dont just want to risk everything for nothing ...thanks man
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yunggeeben(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2017
idee91:

Hello guys
The AC last year was in three stages.
1. Documents verification,

2.case study of about 5 pages, which we were expected to solve and draft solutions to in 30 minutes, then present in 10 minutes.

3. The last stage was a group work, where a different topic was given. we were expected to discuss and solve in 20 minutes if I remember clearly.
can you remember the topics you were asked to discuss ND what the case study problem was about
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by abmop: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2017
yunggeeben:

can you remember the topics you were asked to discuss ND what the case study problem was about
I don't think they re allowed to disclose the topics and too much details. Even the last year thread was same thing. like someone said they are admitting only 15% of everyone doing this Ac. God will help us

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by peacenaija(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2017
abmop:
I don't think they re allowed to disclose the topics and too much details. Even the last year thread was same thing. like someone said they are admitting only 15% of everyone doing this Ac. God will help us

mehn! the hustle is real, everybody should just be prepared and prayerful... May God help us all...
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by press9ja: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Nigeria Navy DSSC Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers >> https://schoolnig.com/nigeria-navy-dssc-aptitude-test-past-questions-answers/
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yebzman: 8:53am On Dec 01, 2017
yunggeeben:

pls can you drop ur number or contact me via yunggeeben@gmail.com.. I need to verify something urgent.. cos am currently in Sokoto and am scheduled for AC in Lagos ...dont just want to risk everything for nothing ...thanks man
U can ask here... Someone might have the same problem now or in the next recruitment.
Sorry I won't go into private discussion.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Ugegbe92(f): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Hi guys. Please I want to ask if there is a possibility that union bank will consider a pregnant lady or she shouldn't bother going for the assessment.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Lil9333: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2017
yebzman:

Please I want to find out if one needs to have a financial background to be able to answer the case study questions.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yebzman: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2017
Lil9333:

Please I want to find out if one needs to have a financial background to be able to answer the case study questions.
You don't really need to have a financial background just be able to understand the case sturdy and derive solutions to problems that's all.
They want to know you have the potential to be a 'MANAGER'....
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yebzman: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2017
Ugegbe92:
Hi guys. Please I want to ask if there is a possibility that union bank will consider a pregnant lady or she shouldn't bother going for the assessment.
Please if you are disposed go!
Since you passed all the previous stages, I doubt you would be rejected. You can reach back to them for further information through the contacts in your invitation mail.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Ugegbe92(f): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Thanks yebzman
yebzman:

Please if you are disposed go!
Since you passed all the previous stages, I doubt you would be rejected. You can reach back to them for further information through the contacts in your invitation mail.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Ninaann39: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Thanks so much Mr yebzman for your contribution, did u make use of flip chart for your presentation? And was the personal presentation done in front of everyone including other candidates?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yebzman: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ninaann39:
Thanks so much Mr yebzman for your contribution, did u make use of flip chart for your presentation? And was the personal presentation done in front of everyone including other candidates?
Yes, I earlier said it's a Typical AC, U write out Ur Presentation and present Alone to Assessors and then also as a Group.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by timojerry: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
Just wanted to know if banks have a preference for WAEC than NECO. Read online somewhere that banks prefer the former. Don't know if I'm wrong. Can anyone help throw more light?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by yunggeeben(m): 12:04am On Dec 02, 2017
yebzman:
did you do any test or interview or was it just all about presentation? thanks
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2017
timojerry:
Just wanted to know if banks have a preference for WAEC than NECO. Read online somewhere that banks prefer the former. Don't know if I'm wrong. Can anyone help throw more light?
No, but may give preference to first class graduates before second class upper.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 8:11am On Dec 02, 2017
Ugegbe92:
Union Bank don't discriminate based on this. But there will be no provision to support or give medical help to pregnant people or people with health challenges at least at the AC.
My advice is to check your health and go along with possible drugs, food or anything to keep you strong and healthy during your stay. This also applies to people with health challenges such as asthma, ulcer, etc.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2017
amenke:
Sup guys;
I do not comment on d forum but read...After getting to see the mail by Rita I had to borrow an account to comment.

Why you all should relax but abuja guys!!! and why u all should debunk the HR msg..

1. I know the HR of UBN since am a staffer of the bank currently.. So I can happen to chat him on our Skype chat... But Dolapo(HR) is not in position to answer such questions at this stage.

2. Every1 hasn't gotten a mail

3. I just got a mail and I did in lag and am Slated for nxtwk in lag...oba akran... So plsss u all shud be hopefully

I got my mail now ... As I was typing....

Success to us all

You got the bold words wrong. He is the Head, Recruitment while Sola is the Recruitment Officer.

@At all,
Please respect all, you may not know how influential the person you met is or person watching you/your interactions with others. You may lose the opportunity because of how you interact or treat the cleaner.

Good luck to you all.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 8:29am On Dec 02, 2017
Congratulations to those who have been invited for AC. If successful, you will receive an invitation for medical and then invitation for final documentation and Training school.

Successful candidates shall be contacted before year end or second week next year. And the Training School to start late January or early February.

I will try to get information about documents that successful candidates will possibly be requested to present for documentation because is will always be short notice for documentation and Training School. It is always better to get those documents complete at documentation or latest 2nd week of training school.

Best of lucks to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by adakaibeyamma: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2017
TGM2015:
Congratulations to those who have been invited for AC. If successful, you will receive an invitation for medical and then invitation for final documentation and Training school.

Successful candidates shall be contacted before year end or second week next year. And the Training School to start late January or early February.

I will try to get information about documents that successful candidates will possibly be requested to present for documentation because is will always be short notice for documentation and Training School. It is always better to get those documents complete at documentation or latest 2nd week of training school.

Best of lucks to you all.
Please, I have stage fright. Do I begin by saying good morning all or what. How do I introduce myself and the topic

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by adakaibeyamma: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2017
TGM2015:

No, but may give preference to first class graduates before second class upper.
What about Chartered accountants?
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2017
adakaibeyamma:
Please, I have stage fright. Do I begin by saying good morning all or what. How do I introduce myself and the topic
Possibly there will not be a stage. It will just be a room with 2 - 4 people (just like an official interview) where you are required to present (tell them):

1. what you believe are the underlying root cause of identified problems in the situation (case study) you read;
2. what possible actions that wrongly taken and missing controls that may have prevented such to occur such problems (what actions or decisions that supposed to have been taken or made);
3. corrective solutions to the problem (what should be done to reverse the effects of the wrong actions and decisions);
4. steps or actions that you are convinced of, that when taken will prevent such problems to occur in the future (your recommendations and suggestive solutions);
5. (if time permits) the current effects and future implications of the identified problems if you recommendations and suggestions are not urgently implemented.

So, take the case study as your friends narrating his/her workplace problems to you (though you have no opportunity to ask questions for clarification but assumptions are allowed and must be made known when presenting). You ask for time to get back to him/her, though you are limited in this case to minutes contained in the instructions. Then see the panel as group of friends to whom you're telling (noticed I used tell them earlier) your view of the situation and how best they should go about solving the problem and things to do not to allow recurrent of such.

Google effective presentation skills and somehow try to
1. Practice presentations of similar things with friends two or more times,
2. Look above the panels eye level and prepare your mind to see them as your friends (you be amazed that you brain can condition your mind to do that),
3. Tell them, you don't need academic or intellectual show here (at least, assessment center, primarily is to evaluate skills and not knowlledge) you opinion of the situation at hand (the cause, solution to correct and prevent future occurrence).

They will ask you questions after your presentation. This is either to get information on some aspects of the case you missed out (attention to details) or get clarification on your recommendations or description of the case given. So don't panic, tell them if you know it and if not be honest to admit you don't commit the details to heart (most times, this always relates to figures and numbers). But at least, immediately and the word BUT after acknowledging that and tell them brief about it a short and simple sentence. For example, I sincerely do not commit the actual number to heart, BUT. I observed that the GDP have been increasing from quarter to quarter with less than 1%.

Skills to be test for personal (individual presentations) are innovative thinking, problems analysis and problems solving skills, attention to details.

For group work, make sure you contribute to discussions at least. This is just to identify some (dominan) personality traits. Are you a dominant person or reserved? These may determine where you may be deployed to if eventually you are successful, whether front office, middle office or back office.

Summary, be yourself and don't be too academic. They are not assessing your academic intelligence, this has already been done with the first two stages.

Hope these help? Thank you.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by TGM2015: 10:06am On Dec 02, 2017
adakaibeyamma:
What about Chartered accountants?
Professional qualification in general, No, except ICT related certifications such as certification in programming, Oracle, application developer, etc.
Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by Enkay12: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2017
Thanks TGM2015 you have really been helpful. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Union Bank 2018 Management Trainee Programme by adakaibeyamma: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2017
TGM2015:

Possibly there will not be a stage. It will just be a room with 2 - 4 people (just like an official interview) where you are required to present (tell them):

1. what you believe are the underlying root cause of identified problems in the situation (case study) you read;
2. what possible actions that wrongly taken and missing controls that may have prevented such to occur such problems (what actions or decisions that supposed to have been taken or made);
3. corrective solutions to the problem (what should be done to reverse the effects of the wrong actions and decisions);
4. steps or actions that you are convinced of, that when taken will prevent such problems to occur in the future (your recommendations and suggestive solutions);
5. (if time permits) the current effects and future implications of the identified problems if you recommendations and suggestions are not urgently implemented.

So, take the case study as your friends narrating his/her workplace problems to you (though you have no opportunity to ask questions for clarification but assumptions are allowed and must be made known when presenting). You ask for time to get back to him/her, though you are limited in this case to minutes contained in the instructions. Then see the panel as group of friends to whom you're telling (noticed I used tell them earlier) your view of the situation and how best they should go about solving the problem and things to do not to allow recurrent of such.

Google effective presentation skills and somehow try to
1. Practice presentations of similar things with friends two or more times,
2. Look above the panels eye level and prepare your mind to see them as your friends (you be amazed that you brain can condition your mind to do that),
3. Tell them, you don't need academic or intellectual show here (at least, assessment center, primarily is to evaluate skills and not knowlledge) you opinion of the situation at hand (the cause, solution to correct and prevent future occurrence).

They will ask you questions after your presentation. This is either to get information on some aspects of the case you missed out (attention to details) or get clarification on your recommendations or description of the case given. So don't panic, tell them if you know it and if not be honest to admit you don't commit the details to heart (most times, this always relates to figures and numbers). But at least, immediately and the word BUT after acknowledging that and tell them brief about it a short and simple sentence. For example, I sincerely do not commit the actual number to heart, BUT. I observed that the GDP have been increasing from quarter to quarter with less than 1%.

Skills to be test for personal (individual presentations) are innovative thinking, problems analysis and problems solving skills, attention to details.

For group work, make sure you contribute to discussions at least. This is just to identify some (dominan) personality traits. Are you a dominant person or reserved? These may determine where you may be deployed to if eventually you are successful, whether front office, middle office or back office.

Summary, be yourself and don't be too academic. They are not assessing your academic intelligence, this has already been done with the first two stages.

Hope these help? Thank you.
God bless you abundantly. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (52) (Reply)

Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study / Lagos State Local Government Service Commission Recruitment 2017 / NERC Recruitment: What's the update?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.