Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation (13942 Views)

Lagos APC Primary: Journalists Barred From Covering Ambode In Epe / Presidency Bars PUNCH, Others From Covering Buhari’s Benue Visit / President Buhari’s 2018 New Year Address (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by emsheddy(m): 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
Nevee:
"The budget must anchor on the implementation of #MadeInNigeria and it must be reflected in public procurement". I paraphrased.

The President drives a German Merecedes Benz (just one of the many exotics in the fleet), same with the Senate President and the news of the procurement of Toyota SUVs and Peugeot for Senators and MHRs respectively is still fresh in our minds while Innoson is probably still there, struggling to keep it's head above the waters. Can't you take a cue from America? They are trying to build a new official car for the President, they simply sent their specs to General Motors (an American company) to build.
If the Nigerian government is the only customer Innoson has, I stand to say it is enough for the business to thrive well (and we can do the rough arithmetic). These guys keep taking us for a ride and make Nigerians feel stupid.

I know Jonathan's government (like her predecessors) dealt Nigeria a great deal of monumental damage and this man came with so much initial "gra-gra" to fix things but even from his own end, nothing at all. All we see is a body language that reeks so much of ignorance and unconciousness. You'd expect little things (that aren't affected by "oil price" like this to be quickly fixed, at least, through leading by example but alas...

Surprisingly, some of us will still come here and make excuses for them, "Oh! They can't fix this because...". Damn! Things have fallen apart and the centre has long lost it's hold.

Plus, am I the only one that feels like the 2017 budget hasn't even been passed or implemented (lol!)?
#Budgetforthem
My brother they know those they are fooling! My only fear is that we will repeat same mistake in 2019! #Budgerforthem indeed.
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by ud4u: 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
Why must he ban anybody at all from covering his event, this has only been heard in his régime
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by ivandragon: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
doctokwus:

Your lineage is becoming foolish.
Do you understand the message being put across,that 'you report bad news about the goverment,you would have to source your news from those more sympathetic media'..
Of course you wouldnt understand because you only swallow whatever you are given and incapable of using your God given brain to analyze reasons behind any action.

you need to understand that some people are just to dull to think beyond what they are told to say...

what they fail to see is that the government wants people to hear & see only one side if the story...

there might be things that NTA & Channels might miss that a PT would pick & bring to the attention of Nigerians...
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by Nevee: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
emsheddy:
My brother they know those they are fooling! My only fear is that we will repeat same mistake in 2019! #Budgerforthem indeed.
Honestly, my brother, just don't bother, your fears are confirmed already. You can see some people already campaigning for them on this forum already. Worst still, we have been wired to depend on the two major political parties to provide these leaders. It only makes political sense for the parties to prioritise their interests over that of Nigerians. So, if we have a candidate that's willing to the bids of the party even if it's at the detriment of Nigerians and there's another that wants to serve Nigerians over the party. Who will be given the ticket? Your guess is as good as mine.

The thing is there are certain wrongs in the Nigerian foundation and no amount of building on a weak foundation would solve it.

Where are the resolutions of the Nigerian National Conference that the previous government spent huge amount of money to convey?

In fact...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by doctokwus: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
ivandragon:

you need to understand that some people are just to dull to think beyond what they are told to say...

what they fail to see is that the government wants people to hear & see only one side if the story...

there might be things that NTA & Channels might miss that a PT would pick & bring to the attention of Nigerians...

Some people are just annoying and I would contnue giving it to them till their brains reset.
Forget the incompetence of Buhari which could be excused by the argument that many leaders in even developed countries that promised much,fell way short and were voted out;what really irks me to the bone and for which I aint taking sh it from anyone is that the same bad decisions,poor judgement and outright corruption for which millions condemned Jonathan,is being perpetuated by Buhari,in many cases several times over,but some i diots have either decided to feign ignorance,overlook, excuse or hold Buhari to a different,lower standard!
That's outrightly wrong,fraudulent and sinful!!
I hated Jonathan based on his poor leadership,using basic,universally accepted parameters of judging leaders in office.What would I now tell my God if I am to excuse Buhari or judge him on different,poorer parameters just because I supported him!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by senatordave1(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
ivandragon:

Oga,is it buhari or the national assembly that barred the journalists?
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by senatordave1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
doctokwus:

Your lineage is becoming foolish.
Do you understand the message being put across,that 'you report bad news about the goverment,you would have to source your news from those more sympathetic media'..
Of course you wouldnt understand because you only swallow whatever you are given and incapable of using your God given brain to analyze reasons behind any action.
Chairman,leave my lineage out of this if you are really a doctor and mature and civilized.we both know who is the foolish one here.i think you are the one that refused to brainstorm and critically analyze the news.if you did,you would see where the media restriction was carried out by legislative authorities.why attack buhari when the occasion doesnt demands it,why not channel your attack to the legislature or were you not taught that the executive and legislature are different and indrpendent of each other? With the way you are going,you will soon beat your girlfriend/wife and blame buhari.up apc.
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by richeso: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Animal can't dash me human right
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by ivandragon: 4:47am On Nov 08, 2017
senatordave1:
Oga,is it buhari or the national assembly that barred the journalists?
such lists are prepared along with the presidency.

or why would the NAss suddenly start banning some media houses?
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by ivandragon: 4:53am On Nov 08, 2017
doctokwus:

Some people are just annoying and I would contnue giving it to them till their brains reset.
Forget the incompetence of Buhari which could be excused by the argument that many leaders in even developed countries that promised much,fell way short and were voted out;what really irks me to the bone and for which I aint taking sh it from anyone is that the same bad decisions,poor judgement and outright corruption for which millions condemned Jonathan,is being perpetuated by Buhari,in many cases several times over,but some i diots have either decided to feign ignorance,overlook, excuse or hold Buhari to a different,lower standard!
That's outrightly wrong,fraudulent and sinful!!
I hated Jonathan based on his poor leadership,using basic,universally accepted parameters of judging leaders in office.What would I now tell my God if I am to excuse Buhari or judge him on different,poorer parameters just because I supported him!!!

& that my friend has been the major bone of contention...

why do some people praise pmb for doing things they condemned GEJ for doing...

1 Like

Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by orisa37: 5:01am On Nov 08, 2017
This is a Feudal Dictatorship and a Fraud!!!
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by orisa37: 5:07am On Nov 08, 2017
See OBJ dancing to his Heart's Content in Eboyin State. He was an excellent President.
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by orisa37: 5:10am On Nov 08, 2017
This is Hypertensive and fake!!!
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by emsheddy(m): 5:50am On Nov 08, 2017
Nevee:

Honestly, my brother, just don't bother, your fears are confirmed already. You can see some people already campaigning for them on this forum already. Worst still, we have been wired to depend on the two major political parties to provide these leaders. It only makes political sense for the parties to prioritise their interests over that of Nigerians. So, if we have a candidate that's willing to the bids of the party even if it's at the detriment of Nigerians and there's another that wants to serve Nigerians over the party. Who will be given the ticket? Your guess is as good as mine.

The thing is there are certain wrongs in the Nigerian foundation and no amount of building on a weak foundation would solve it.

Where are the resolutions of the Nigerian National Conference that the previous government spent huge amount of money to convey?

In fact...
you have said it all my brother.
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by cococandy(f): 7:08am On Nov 08, 2017
And so it starts
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by egobetatoday: 8:29am On Nov 08, 2017
celestialAgent:
This people should just share the budget fund per head. We don’t want their unrealistic implementation undecided

Korret man...abi oo.
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by 9jAgossipdey: 8:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Re: Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation by semyman: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2017
How were we able to watch it live on channels TV, gbeborun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Necessary Evil: Buhari Should Apologize To FCT Residents Over Name-Calling - PDP / Petrol: Oil Marketers Shut Filling Stations As Scarcity Spreads To Lagos, Enviro / Why Army Established Its University – COAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.