Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Engine Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Off (1453 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
My toyota camry envelope light, the engine goes of when break is applied to slow the vehicle down, this happens in traffic light, slowing down on bumps or to enter a bend. Please I need urgent advice on how to go about it. Steps I have taken, the mechanic cleaned the fuel filter, increased the slow system, yet not solved...please help
Re: Engine Off by timifakay(m): 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikanoflex:
My toyota camry envelope light, the engine goes of when break is applied to slow the vehicle down, this happens in traffic light, slowing down on bumps or to enter a bend. Please I need urgent advice on how to go about it. Steps I have taken, the mechanic cleaned the fuel filter, increased the slow system, yet not solved...please help
Do a pressure test on the fuel pump.
Re: Engine Off by autologic: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikanoflex:
Your idle air control system is blocked with dirt .
The essence of the idle air control is to ensure the ecu
is able to make adjustment by increasing inflow of air into the intake system in event of increasing load on the engine and thereby prevent stalling.
Tell your mechanic to service the idle system and throttle body properly and don't forget to adjust the idle to factory spec.
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
A pressure test on the pump was done, and it was certified ok. Thank you sir
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
autologic:

Your idle air control system is blocked with dirt .
The essence of the idle air control is to ensure the ecu
is able to make adjustment by increasing inflow of air into the intake system in event of increasing load on the engine and thereby prevent stalling.
Tell your mechanic to service the idle system and throttle body properly and don't forget to adjust the idle to factory spec.
........If the idle air control system is the box which has filter by the side of the engine.....it was also cleaned yesterday
Re: Engine Off by autologic: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikanoflex:
........If the idle air control system is the box which has filter by the side of the engine.....it was also cleaned yesterday
That is idle system

1 Share

Re: Engine Off by autologic: 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
Need to be taken out cleaned in and out cos it got clogged with dirt from time to time .

Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
autologic:
Need to be taken out cleaned in and out cos it got clogged with dirt from time to time .
ok.....will do that tomorrow, but sir....can I still get a rewire to check the wire systems?
Re: Engine Off by autologic: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikanoflex:
ok.....will do that tomorrow, but sir....can I still get a rewire to check the wire systems?
Don't let any Kareem complicate simple .My advice is to take to a knowledgeable technician that is verse in diagnosis to check for why before
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
autologic:

Don't let any Kareem complicate simple .My advice is to take to a knowledgeable technician that is verse in diagnosis to check for why before
ok sir. Thanks
Re: Engine Off by timifakay(m): 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mikanoflex:
A pressure test on the pump was done, and it was certified ok. Thank you sir
What value did you have on the pressure gauge?
Or it was just visual gauge of how high the fuel went.
As advised by another person, check out the throttle body too.
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2017
timifakay:

What value did you have on the pressure gauge?
Or it was just visual gauge of how high the fuel went.
As advised by another person, check out the throttle body too.
yea, it was just a visual guage of how high the fuel went.
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
autologic:
The idle clog was cleaned this morning, and I used the car without experiencing the fault today.....Thanks for the information.
Re: Engine Off by autologic: 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
Mikanoflex:
The idle clog was cleaned this morning, and I used the car without experiencing the fault today.....Thanks for the information.
Thanks for the update.
Re: Engine Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2017
prefecto
Re: Engine Off by Mikanoflex(m): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Please guys, need more suggestions, my car did same thing yesterday after the idle clogged was cleaned 3days ago. I didnt experience the engine off for 3days not until yesterday. Please help

(1) (Reply)

2011 Or 2012 Toyota Venza toks urgently needed 4.5-5.5m toks preferred / "Touching Lives With Tonto Dike" Hummer SUV Spotted In Abuja / Between Acura MDX 2001-2006 Models And Lexus RX 300, Which Would You Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.