Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre (1452 Views)

Xiaomi Unveils Its First Car And Its Sleek And ELECTRIC! / Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / United Arab Emirate Police Unveils Flying Bike(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by lalajnr(m): 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
TOYOTA Nigeria Limited has unveiled the all-new Toyota Starlet into the Nigerian market, just as Toyota Nigeria is preparing to mark its 25 years of doing business in Nigeria.

The new Starlet was unveiled before the motoring press and Toyota dealers who took time to assess the new star. This was followed by a test drive by the journalists at the expansive Toyota premises.

Speaking at the unveiling, the Managing Director of Toyota Nigeria Limited, Mr. Kunle Ade-Ojo, said that a new star is born in the Toyota family.

He described the new Starlet as yet another masterpiece from the stable of Toyota to the Nigeria automobile market.

The Managing Director, who was represented by the General Manager, Corporate Services, Mr. Bunmi Onafowokan, added: “The Starlet is Toyota Nigeria’s response to the yearning of their customers that have over the years demanded an entry vehicle.

“The Starlet is an elegant vehicle imbued with the quality, durability, reliability and style that the Toyota brand stands for.

“The vehicle in its own right is a mini sub-compact Sport Utility Vehicle and it comes with 150,000 kilometres or five years warranty, whichever comes first.”

Available in three variants, the new Starlet is powered by a 1.4 litre engine to cater to the preferences and pockets of the target segment. The three variants include: the entry grade, mid grade and high grade.

The launch of the Starlet in Nigeria is coinciding with the completion of Toyota Nigeria World Class Service Centre and 25th anniversary of the leading automobile distribution in the country.

As the Toyota boss puts it: “Quality after sales service is an essential component of our business value chain. We have consciously continued to improve our after-sales service delivery and bringing such services closer to our teaming customers.

“In a few months time, we would commission our world class certified service centre CSC at Isolo, Lagos. This facility has a body and paint section, a workshop and parts section among other services available.”

The managing director who noted that the advent of COVID-19 has not only affected lives but also the way the company operates its businesses and daily interaction with people noted that the centre is second-to-none in Nigeria when compared to others, on the pedestal of equipment, highly trained manpower and exceptional service delivery.

He added that it is expedient to add at this juncture that this unique Centre is a fertile training ground for our dealers’ Technicians to gain hands-on experience.

He said that Toyota (Nigeria) Limited will not only continue to invest in the Nigerian Automobile Industry but also align with the aspirations of the Nigerian government to revolutionize the local Industry.

He added: “Year 2021 marks our 25th year of being in the automobile business in Nigeria.

“It is going to be marked quietly while thanking God for bringing us thus far as our investments and our dealers spread across Nigeria.”

He was full of praises to his customers when he said: “Let me again quickly seize the opportunity to tender our unreserved appreciation to our loyal customers who have kept us in business.

“Our promise to you is to continue to surmount the horizons of technology in order to deliver unrivaled services to you as we both journey on the uncharted routes ahead. The best is yet to come.”
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/toyota-starlet-enters-nigeria-as-tnl-unveils-service-centre/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjsqLj5vuPyAhXEsKQKHbn_CG0QlO8DMAV6BAgDEAM&usg=AOvVaw2-yi29-djCqtuiftvDknRU

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by Explicit02: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
Starlet was a good car back then.... The new model will be fantastic

Bring it on Toyota

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by vertueptime: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
U no tell us price, if the car pass 8m e cost,starlet was affordable, cheap to maintain ,strong and fuel efficient

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by GenAbacha(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2021
Explicit02:
Starlet was a good car back then.... The new model will be fantastic

Bring it on Toyota

Hopefully the new model is fantastic.

I remember numerous trips from lagos to the east in a starlet some years back. Rugged car

1 Like

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by ifytrik(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
Another over rated box, toyota and their boring interior can never attract me, it's either a benz or acura anytime anyday

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by Thebwoy: 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2021
Na only politheifans and top class civil servants dey drive new tear leather cars

1 Like

Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by aieromon(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2021
Rebadged Glanza from India which was also rebadged from Galeno and introduced into the African market as Starlet.

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-starlet-export-baleno-12373187.html
Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by Elsueno: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2021
As long as it has a Toyota badge, a large % of Nigerians will still buy it......To them Toyota is the best thing after the slice of bread. grin I love ma people jare, very simple beings....just cursed with the worst leaders D world has ever seen cheesy
Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by RZArecta(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
ifytrik:
Another over rated box, toyota and their [b]BORING INTERIOR[/b]can never attract me, it's either a benz or acura anytime anyday
this same over flogged argument again undecided some people need cars with fantastic gadgets and what not while other people just need a car that'll take them to their destinations without drama. It's all a matter of choice as with anything concerning money. Till today, no one has said what's really boring about Toyota interiors maybe it's the furniture, upholstery or entertainment system, I don't get it. To each his own though, I personally prefer European cars but that doesn't mean I'll disrespect a Toyota, maybe a Landrover/Freelander but never a Toyota
Re: Toyota Starlet Enters Nigeria, As TNL Unveils Service Centre by fabienjoe: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2021
RZArecta:
this same over flogged argument again undecided some people need cars with fantastic gadgets and what not while other people just need a car that'll take them to their destinations without drama. It's all a matter of choice as with anything concerning money. Till today, no one has said what's really boring about Toyota interiors maybe it's the furniture, upholstery or entertainment system, I don't get it. To each his own though, I personally prefer European cars but that doesn't mean I'll disrespect a Toyota, maybe a Landrover/Freelander but never a Toyota

I'll certainly not disrespect Toyota as well. They're not all boring..but there are actually good reasons people knock Toyota interiors. Most Toyota interiors are made of cheap plastics and other materials that cannot stand the elements. You see many Toyota Camrys of 2007 to 2011 and Avalons of 2005 to 2011 with disintegrating interiors while the cars are still fully functional. This disgusting phenomenon even crept into Lexus..( RX330 especially) the more stable toyota interiors like 99, 2001, 2002 to 2006 Camrys' are just drab. The newer Toyotas like 2012 and upwards Camry appear to be made with better materials, though..So that reputation may change eventually..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

All Direct Foregin Used Cars / How Does Burst Silencer/exhaust Affect Fuel Consumption? / Lexus Rx300....keeps Jerking....pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.