Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM Card From 62k To 128k For Fast 3G Internet Speed - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM Card From 62k To 128k For Fast 3G Internet Speed (5804 Views)

How To Unlock Jiofi For Using Other SIM Cards 3G/4G Internet / Nigeria Begins Implementation Of E-yellow Card From Today / Easy Way To Unblock Your Sim Card Without Using“puk Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM Card From 62k To 128k For Fast 3G Internet Speed by OGClassic(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2017
Do you know your SIM card memory storage capacity has everything to do with your internet download/broadband speed? I am trying to say that, a SIM card of higher storage capacity like 128k will browse faster than a SIM card with lower storage capacity of 32k even if both SIM cards are within 3G network coverage area.
A SIM card is similar to a micro-mini computer with a processor and storage space just like the Hard disk drive of a computer. A SIM card has different kinds of partitions that contains different kinds of applications that needs to run when it is functioning. So the bigger the storage of your SIM, the more applications can fit in properly.
The storage memory of a SIM card ranges from 16k, 32k, 62k, 64k and 128k with variations in 3G functionality and support. This means, as the numbers rolls in ascending order, so the stronger and faster the internet speed respectively.
Recently, i was so worried that my MTN SIM is always slow when browsing while my younger sister's MTN is very fast even though we were using it on the same 3G network. I did my research online and discovered that my SIM card has a small memory storage capacity of 32k and that is while the internet connection is very slow. While my LIL sister who recently bought her MTN SIM card, has 128k storage capacity.

So i was now considering ditching my old line to buy a new MTN prepaid SIM card with bigger storage memory.
But a friend of mine who works at MTN customer care service center advice me that i should rather buy a new MTN prepaid SIM card with 128k storage capacity and do a welcome back. With that, i will successfully upgrade my 32k MTN SIM card to 128k and get higher speed internet data connection. I did it and it was successful. So
Below Are The Procedures On How To Upgrade Your 32k MTN SIM Card To 128K
Visit any of the MTN customer service centers or MTN trade partners and request for a welcome back pack.
You need to have a valid means of identification like National ID card, Drivers license, International Passport, Voter's card or School ID.
You also need to have at least seven hundred naira N700 as at the time of writing this post.
Now fill the form correctly with the details on your ID.
Then wait for KYC ( Know Your Customer ) necessities.
After you are through with the welcome back, congratulations! your old low storage MTN SIM will now be upgraded to a higher storage SIM capacity. Now you should start experiencing higher 3G internet speed on your SIM card whenever you use it to browse with your phone, computer or other devices.

For more details via:http://042jams..com.ng/2017/11/how-to-upgrade-your-mtn-sim-card-from.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How To Upgrade Your MTN SIM Card From 62k To 128k For Fast 3G Internet Speed by corvell: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2023
At SIMS 4 USA, we understand that everyone's needs are different. That's why we offer customizable plans that allow you to choose the data, talk, and EZ Sim Cards text options that suit you best. Whether you need more data for streaming, or more talk and text for keeping in touch, we can create a plan that meets your specific requirements.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get 3GB Free Data On Airtel TV / Design And Implementation Of LED Dot Matrix Display / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.