Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? (10568 Views)

Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) / Luggage Charge Leaves Passengers Stranded At Lagos Airport / In Need Of A Karaoke Bar In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by chy4luv: 10:54am On Mar 20, 2010
I dont know if its allowed or they see it as liquid. experience traveller should tell me.
BTW am going to Nigeria. Thanks
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by Vicjustice: 11:26am On Mar 20, 2010
chy4luv:

I dont know if its allowed or they see it as liquid. experience traveller should tell me.
BTW am going to Nigeria. Thanks
   Chocolate bar is not a restricted or controlled substance; therefore, yes, you can travel with it, but bear in mind that even though it's not listed among the restricted or controlled substances, the cumstom officers have the rights to use their own initiative to allow or disallow anything they feel comfortable or uncomfortable with. So, (in the event of travelling to Europe) it is reasonable that the chocolate shouldn't be too big a bar or too many a quantity to raise questions
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by ogb5(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2010
Thats where i normally keep my chocolates when going to nigeria.

Because chocolate is heavy, I don't like checking them in so that it does not robb me of my allowed checked in baggage allowance tongue

So i keep them in the hand luggage, and believe me, I buy alot to share to all the "well wishes" in nigeria. and I keep all in my hand luggage. Normally they don't weigh the hand luggage, they only check it for size dimensions.
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by chy4luv: 11:54am On Mar 20, 2010
Thanks everyone
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by snowdrops(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
They "melt" more often than not anyway if kept too long especially in Nigerias hot weather
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by Busybody2(f): 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2010
You can take anything into Nigeria, its only when you are coming back that they could, if detected, refuse you permission and destroy it, because milk and milk product is one of the banned items on DEFRA'S list.
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by carnival: 1:31pm On May 24, 2010
you dont have to bring in a chocolate bar when we have the finest milk, dark and white chocolates, made in Nigeria chocolate available for you and just a phone call away.

We also manufacture cooking chocolate for bakers and confectioniers.

contact details: 08071090246

info@carnivalchocolate.com
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by otawa: 4:38pm On May 24, 2010
you dont have to bring in a chocolate bar when we have the finest milk, dark and white chocolates, made in Nigeria chocolate available for you and just a phone call away.

faultless. well said.

actually, we should buy your chocolate and take with us whenever we travel outside Nigeria.

but why phone call? is your product not readily available all over Nigeria?
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by carnival: 4:24pm On May 26, 2010
otawa:

faultless. well said.

actually, we should buy your chocolate and take with us whenever we travel outside Nigeria.

but why phone call? is your product not readily available all over Nigeria?

Its available in some parts, but we basically make stock bars which bakers and confectioners use. regarding regular bars we dont do that unless on orders. And our chocolate is 100% pure chocolate, no vegetable fat added
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by igbogolo: 5:17pm On May 26, 2010
If you are coming to nigeria, i do not think its a problem. but to be on the safe side, buy the chocolate from the duty free ie when u must have already checked in your luggage and keep your receipt.
Re: Can You Take Chocolate Bar In Hand Luggage? by snowdrops(m): 7:13pm On May 26, 2010
Has poster tried taking the chocolates to naija now?

(1) (Reply)

PICTURES...Nairalander Day Trip Across The Canada-USA Border [View] / What Are The Existing And The Potential Tourist Attraction Sites In Your State? / Igboland The Emerging Paradise Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.