Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,186 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit (39025 Views)

Akeredolu Appoints 26-year-old Ngozi Ugochi-Igbo Make-up As Aide Causing Uproar / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President / Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Owerri Pictured Ahead Of Visit To Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Noblewhiz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Imo state should just change their moto to:
City of Statue.. I tire o

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
This is the best way to know the politicians in power with no positive visions for their citizens.

How would all these nonsense statues generates revenue for infrastructures to Imo state citizens

Okorowusa using Imo state 2015, 2016 and 2017 budgets for statues irration.

Imo people in one chance government of statues.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by OgbeniOlaLekan: 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's so easy for everyone to say Rochas is a fool.
But I remember the clamour for Rochas in IMO state around the end of Ohakim's tenure.

The yearning for him was overwhelming.
From Okigwe to Amaifeke,
From Nkwerre to Ihitte Uboma,
From Okwelle to Mbaise.
From Onuimo to Akabo.
There was unison in this clamour.

Everyone wanted the messiah.
Rochas was too good to be true....he was all everyone wanted for a leader.

Imolites were wrong.
Rochas was a cunning, undeserving clueless snake created in the Hybrid mold of Yahaya Bello and Dino Melaye.

Imolites are getting what they deserve.
If only they listened to Marshall 'Eminem' Mather's words, "when someone seems too good to be true; they are usually opposites"

Chief Martin Agbaso remains the messiah IMO state lost.

Even ararume was pushed to one corner...
uneven remembered the protest to one office when the election results were been delayed...
lol

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Imo1stson: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
I guess Nairaland has been paid to blackmail Okorocha. This is a failed mission I must say. Anybody claiming he's owed should bring evidence because no civil servant is owed in Imo State. The statues are many and includes many prominent living and dead Afrjcans honored with Imo merit award whose credibility is rising by the day. The statue beside that of Zuma is Tafawa Balewa and before it is Azikiwe.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by legitnow: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Y ARE YORUBA MAKING NOISE OVER FAR AWAY OWERRI?

ARE THEY CURSED?

IF ME AN IGBO MAN, IS NOT COMPLAING, Y IS YORUBA MEDIA TRING SO HARD TO PAINT A CHARITY PROJECT INVOLVING ALL AFRICA BLACK?

THEY HAVE STARTED AGAIN, THIS WAS HOW THEY AFFLICTED NIGERIA WITH BUHARI.

MUST NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY ALWAYS SUFFER YORUBAS?

THIS YORUBA OBSESSION WITH IGBOS MUST END.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by thunderbabs: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
I think Okorocha needs a slap from the pple if Imo to reset hz brain.... I mean, whatz all dz nonsense, erecting statue s of , come off it.....is he smoking hemp ni, i wonder?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by skill1(m): 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lol the statue governor ;DLol the statue governor
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by matrixme(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Who will commission Bobrisky's own now that s/he has been arrested now
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Nwambaise: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
aolawale025:
There's always a good side to every bad situation. Some artisans in Imo state are making some money from these statues

You don't seem to understand, he gives the contract to himself thru a front, and does direct labour. You can be sure he's owing the sculptor.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by andyoscar(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
Housa blood! What do u expect? Imolite go dere n damage d status, stop complaining. Ur Fathet dere
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Kingdov(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
aolawale025:
There's always a good side to every bad situation. Some artisans in Imo state are making some money from these statues
artii gini these statue is been done by some Asian guys and hausa boys
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Kingdov(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
legitnow:
Y ARE YORUBA MAKING NOISE OVER FAR AWAY OWERRI?

ARE THEY CURSED?

IF ME AN IGBO MAN, IS NOT COMPLAING, Y IS YORUBA MEDIA TRING SO HARD TO PAINT A CHARITY PROJECT INVOLVING ALL AFRICA BLACK?

THEY HAVE STARTED AGAIN, THIS WAS HOW THEY AFFLICTED NIGERIA WITH BUHARI.

MUST NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY ALWAYS SUFFER YORUBAS?

THIS YORUBA OBSESSION WITH IGBOS MUST END.

ma friend sharap because are not supporting evil .
U an igbo man ? Nonsense u collect money from okorocha just to be a sycophant and to play a role of a fool on the internet
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by donqx: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
really
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by shewshi: 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
Anayo!Anayo!! Anayo!!!,how many tyms did I call u?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by shewshi: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
Anayo!Anayo!! Anayo!!!,how many tyms did I call u? wink[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by oneeast: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2017
cheesy

EZENDIZUOGU:
unfortunately, this is my state. my people my people....my governor my governor. choi, who did these to us

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by InvertedHammer: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
A society begets the kind of leadership she deserves.

In all these wailings, not a single soul asked the most important question of all: How do you bring down a big statue?

An actionable answer to the question may cure Okorocha's madness. They keep giving him unnecessary credit not minding that his brain probably has been scattered by all the spiritual slaps he allegedly got this year.
/
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Fideo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
aolawale025:

Receive sense in Jesus Name
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Imo1stson: 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nwambaise:

You don't seem to understand, he gives the contract to himself thru a front, and does direct labour. You can be sure he's owing the sculptor.

Nwambaise go to school you no gree. Imo State cannot add more value to Okorochas wealth other than the legacy he leaves behind. He cannot make useful money from the meager 3 billion monthly income of Imo State.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by donbenie(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
computerwiz2:

ibo governors are pitiable
And your own Governors are Miracle Workers..pray,what's their names again?
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by donbenie(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
Guilderland1:
Okorocha for igbo means cocroach, now tell me how insect can rule human beings?
Okorocha means Cockroach in Igbo?..pray,which part of Igboland is that?
Okorocha means Fair Man,in case you really don't know..
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
na wa oooooooo

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by bejick(m): 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
aolawale025:

the artisans may not be from IMO. what about that??
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by bejick(m): 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
clevvermind:
I DON'T KNOW THE ESSENCE OF ERECTING THOSE STATUE. IS IT GOING TO BETTER THE ECONOMY THAT IS IN A DECAYED STATE?

forming Nebuchadnezzar those statues will replace the ones he send away from the EKE market.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
The people should ask for impeachment... instead of complaining.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Promismike(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
Tonythriller:

The glory in what okorocha is doing today will soon manifest in the near future. Do you think it is easy to make a president of any country to abandon his/her official duties just to visit a state not even a country? Okorocha is now Africa's most recognized and respected governor. When he says his vision drives him crazy, your myopic thoughts went literal but it's ok you are not yet a lost cause. Your eyes will soon open when the 1million kids from different African countries start celebrating just one man in 5years to come. By then Okorocha must have been a celebrated icon in African political and social village. Be wise young man. Join the Rochas movement before it is too late.
Should the focal point be on the recognition and popularity of okorocha in Africa or on what economic value the visitations and the statues of these presidents will add to imo state.

What should be the focal point of any well meaning governor should be enbarking on projects that will better the state, improve its economy, standard of living and the quality of life that is obtainble in a state. Not enberking on meaningless jamborees that are only aimed at gaining recognition and popularity that wont last.

1 Like

Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by oluwasegun007(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2017
why are they complaining? they have not seen nothing yet, we have approved Mugabe's statue. he is visiting next year..
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by corporatesense: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
This is a sardonic, lugubrious, and dubious character. owerri is now in a total mayhem, economic crisis due to an incompetent, pernicious and sanctimonious idiot elected to govern the resources of the people. please our activist where are you? this is time you stand up and say no to what this lunatic man is doing in owerri.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by deomelo: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
Bolustical:
I am surprised no one is yet to blame Buhari and Afonjas for this.

Rochas for President.

I actually love this wonderful statue idea.

This is going to be a major tourist attraction and money maker.
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by toprealman: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
clevvermind:
I DON'T KNOW THE ESSENCE OF ERECTING THOSE STATUE. IS IT GOING TO BETTER THE ECONOMY THAT IS IN A DECAYED STATE?
According to the government's spokesperson, it will attract foreign investment Statutes of craps like Mugabe et al who can not develop their various countries in real life will attract foreign investment. We asked for all this....bring it on!
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by Paulreports(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
And to think that this is the same man who had been contesting to be Nigerian President...God forbid....This change government would've been a child place
Re: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's Statue In Owerri Already Causing Uproar Ahead Of Visit by rhazaaq: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
this imo state governor rochas okorocha brain is realy shaking honestly. I can not demystify his reason but if it's that to prove his civility he his absolutely not getting right. if he became the president of Nigeria he will turn the whole of the country to a stature museum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi: "Who Is IPOB To Tell People To Sit At Home?" / US House Of Reps Members Oppose Plan To Return Abacha Loot / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.