Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. (316 Views)

Two Wedding Guests Killed As Gunmen Open Fire On Vehicle In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2017
Eleven persons were killed and four others injured when gunmen opened fire on villagers returning from Rim-Dyem market in Riyom, Plateau State, Tuesday night.

“The attack took place around 7.30 p.m.; the villagers were returning home from a local market when gunmen waylaid them, killing 11 people instantly,” Mr Terna Tyopev, Plateau Police Command spokesman told the News Agency of Nigeria.

He said that those injured had been taken to Christian Hospital, Vom.

“No arrest has been made, but we are already investigating the incident; we shall not rest until the attackers are fished out,” he said.

Tyopev appealed to the affected community to be calm and resist the temptation to take the law into their hands, adding that more security personnel had been deployed to secure the area.

Tuesday attack is the latest in a series of violence visited on rural communities in Plateau, in the past few weeks.

Among communities that had come under heavy attacks are Wereh, Foron and Rim in Barkin Ladi Local Government, as well as Miango, Jebu, Taegbe and Ncha in Bassa Local Government.

The state, which suffered massive violence for more than a decade, enjoyed uninterrupted peace for two years before the gunmen returned in September.

http://punchng.com/11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers/
Re: 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by HARDLABOR: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2017
I DEDICATE THIS FTC TO ALL THE LABOURERS LIKE ME. THIS WILL NEVER BE OUR PORTION IJN
Re: 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by NwaChibuzor: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2017
To me its better to die in the hands of fulani/hausa gunmen that to follow an untrusted yoruba man to his house. What he will do to you will be worse than death. Fear the yorubas. Then the hausas. In fact an Hausa man will have more mercy killing you but a yoruba man will not. I am telling you from experience. A typical yoruba man will kill you , bury you and still come back weeks later to uproot your carcass from the ground so as to confirm if you've truly been dead all these while. I've escaped death several times from these people. May God continue to save us all.
Re: 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by Fxmanager(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2017
Okay
Re: 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:54am On Nov 08, 2017
Funny how somebody up there with still turn a blind eye..

RIP to the dead.
Re: 11-killed-as-gunmen-open-fire-on-plateau-villagers. by Mynd44: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2017

(1)

Teenage Suicide Bomber Killed 50 Mosque Worshippers In Mubi / How A Young Herbalist Was Nabbed With 7 Human Skulls In Kwara State / Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.