Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Restructuring The Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Restructuring The Naira (871 Views)

The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) / CBN Begins Restructuring Of NSPMC, Retires Directors / Who Is Afraid Of Restructuring The Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring The Naira by mystikal(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2007
On February 28, 2007, redesigned versions of Nigeria’s lower denomination currencies––the N5, N10, N20 and N50 notes––will be launched by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). On that day also, coins in lower denominations of the Naira––N2, N1 and 50 kobo–– will be added to the country’s legal tender , what do you think
Re: Restructuring The Naira by 50kobo: 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2007
yippe, cheesy I have been longing to see 50kobo! On a serious note, i think it is a good strategy, however they might have gone too far. They should not have introduced the N1,000 in the first place!. I think this is aimed at curbing inflation, im not so good with economics , any economists in the house??
Re: Restructuring The Naira by wetinde(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2007
I think it is a good thing to have the coins back and if God blesses Nigeria we will get to use them again
Re: Restructuring The Naira by Seun(m): 11:06am On Feb 23, 2007
I think this is aimed at curbing inflation, im not so good with economics , any economists in the house??
THis has nothing to do with inflation. It's about reducing the production cost of the lower denominations.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Cassava / Discovery: You Can Actually Work From Home! / Where To Buy Dish Washer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.