Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,706 members, 7,831,211 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? (797 Views)

Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by cold(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2010
The death penalty has been abrogated in countries within the EU & some other regions in the world but still practised in the United States China & Nigeria (in principle since no execution has been carried out for several years).Lately Nigeria has come under intense pressure to abolish the death penalty in its entirety.Do you think the death penalty should be struck off the Nigerian legislation or are you of the opinion the death penalty stays.State your reasons why you're for or against.
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by jamace(m): 3:16am On Mar 27, 2010
Should not be abolished. Those who kill with impunity should be killed too. If you keep them in jail, they will be draining our scarce resources.
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by cold(m): 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2010
My thoughts were running on the same thread too.Those who hold up the argument that killin criminals does not deter others also fail to understand that keeping them alive only encourages others to indulge in crime.Just look at the number of fatal knife stabbings in the UK on any given day not to talk of a whole year
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by mamagee3(f): 11:50pm On Mar 27, 2010
The Death Penalty shouldn't be abolished. . .
They're still worthless scumbags out there prepared to kill innocent men and women for no absolute reason.
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by cold(m): 11:53pm On Mar 27, 2010
Finally, something we can all agree to.
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by dominique(f): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2010
i'm a bit torn on this issue. i'magainst it for the reason that some people ondeath row may not be guilty and they're paying for someone else's sins. but when i hear of the despeakable crimes against humanity some of these people, i want them to be sent straight to the gallows. but i'm more against it than for it.
Re: The Death Penalty:should It Be Abolished? by Felixjoe(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2014
Death penalty should not be abolished because people will ahead killing turst #nigerians and they will give me the chance to start killing when anyone vexes me.
I THINK AM THROUGH THANK YOU.

(1) (Reply)

My Kidnappers Have Bachelors Degrees / Indian Gang-molestation Victim Dies In Hospital In Singapore / MYSTERY: Posers Over 9-yr-old Boy’s Alleged Suicide [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.