Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How To Create A Website Offline - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Create A Website Offline (381 Views)

10 Offline Businesses For 2018 / Make Quick Money Online And Offline / Remitano.com Is Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Website Offline by Osh2017: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hello Folks. Today, am writing this article to teach you how to build a website offline.
One way or the other, you either want to have a web designer build a website for you or you want to build one by yourself.
You can either build a website ONLINE or OFFLINE. In my next article, I will teach you how to build a website online but in this article, we are dealing with offline alone.

Building a website offline has a lot of advantages which include saving that large chunk of MB usage to experimenting with your website easily.

So Let’s begin!!!

STEP 1: Download Wampserver software using the link below

http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php You can either download 64 bits or 32 bits.

Now you can run the installation and just follow the online screen instruction. It is very easy to install.

STEP 2: After installing your wampserver into your system, launch it and then you should see the wampserver icon on your task bar. The icon will be red initially and then will change to yellow and then finally to green. Green means your wampserver is ready for use.

STEP 3: Now your server is ready and you are also ready to build your first website offline. We are going to use wordpress as our CMS just because it’s very popular.

Now we can download our wordpress file from the wordpress official website. Link here https://wordpress.org/download/ . Store the downloaded file in a safe place in which you can access it.

STEP 4. Now, we would create our database for our wordpress install. Click the wampserver icon on your task bar and click on phpMyAdmin. The phpMyAdmin login page will open in your browser. Username is “root” by default and leave password blank. Now click on “go” button.

STEP 5: After clicking on “Go” you are redirected to your database. Click on “New” to add new database.

Type in your database name (I have used “TestTut” as mine) and click on create.

Now, you should see your database already created (tables should be empty).

That’s all for creating database but you have not finished. Just a little more. Please prepare a cup of coffee and relax it gets more interesting.

STEP 6: Now, let’s install our wordpress we have already downloaded. Go to Local Disk (C: ), Click on wamp64 (Assuming its wamp 64 bits you installed), then click “www” folder and create a new folder with any name you want (I used “testtut1”).

STEP 7: Okay, you are almost there. Now unzip the wordpress files you downloaded into your newly created folder (in my case it’s the “testtut1” folder).

Now you have all the wordpress files in your folder.

STEP 8: Now visit your browser and type in http://localhost/testtut1 . Remember, localhost/(the name of your folder) (In my case, its “testtut1”).

The wordpress installation begins. Click the “Lets Go” button.

Now fill in the information in the next page. Database username is “testtut” the database you created earlier, username is “root” and password we leave blank. Leave the rest as it is and click “submit”.

Good, you should now see “All right, sparky! You’ve made it through this part of the installation. WordPress can now communicate with your database. If you are ready, time now to…”.

Now click on “Run the install”.

On the next page you should fill in your wordpress details you want like site title, username and password you want to use and your email address.

Next, just click “install Wordpress” button at the end of the page. No big deal right?

Success! Happy to see that. Now you can login to your wordpress dashboard. Just type in the username and password you just created for wordpress login. Did I hear you say you forgot the login details?

Voala!!! You are now in your wordpress dashboard.

You can also visit the frontend of you wordpress website by entering this http://localhost/testtut1 in your browser. Remember, localhost/(the name of your folder) (In my case, its “testtut1”)

That’s it folks, you now have your wordpress website ready for customization.

Remember, All these are done offline except when downloading the software to use. So start building you website offline without internet connection.

Catch y’all latter guys…

Please leave a comment below or send a mail to info@oshdesigns.com.ng for any questions you might have.

We are online for chat at http://oshdesigns.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Need Help In Palm Kernel And Fish Buissiness / 3 Sales Trigger Words That Will Help You Increase Your Sales Today / 10 Basic Business Etiquette Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.