Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing (1870 Views)

Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / 2019 Volkswagen Jetta Revealed (photos And Details) / Check Out The 43 Years Evolution Of Volkswagen Golf From MK1 To MK7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by Bmedels26(f): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2017

Volkswagen is moving into the future quickly. Its electrification and automation strategies have been pushed to the forefront as its diesel scandal grabs fewer front-page headlines. The cars of the future, though, are more than simple mechanical machines. They’re computers, and they’re connected to other computers. As data becomes more important to the auto industry, VW is working to advance its ability to process that data. As such, the German automaker announced it has partnered with Google for quantum computing.

The massive processing power of quantum computers would help Volkswagen in a few different areas. One is traffic optimization, which will become especially important if and when autonomous vehicles begin to swarm our roads. It can also help those cars perform better through artificial intelligence and machine learning. Third, quantum computing can help VW develop new material structures as the company searches for breakthroughs in high-performance batteries for electric vehicles.

“Volkswagen’s collaboration with Google marks the beginning of quantum computing in the automotive industry, and is a paramount step to addressing modern mobility challenges unlikely to be solved with binary digital electronic computers,” said VW of America Executive Vice President Abdallah Shanti. “Through this partnership, Volkswagen intends to unlock the potential of this technology, and share our learnings to motivate the development of quantum computers and algorithms.”

Are you a little confused about what quantum computing actually is? You’re not alone, as it’s pretty advanced stuff. An interview with Google computing and AI gurus Hartmut Neven and Martin Hofmann helps clear things up. Suffice it to say that quantum computers are exponentially faster and more powerful than conventional computers that use bits for memory.

SOURCE: http://carfreaksng.com/2017/11/08/volkswagen-google-partner-quantum-computing/

KINDLY SHARE AND LIKE OUR FACEBOOK FANPAGE(https://www.facebook.com/Carfreaksng-131713534093196/)
Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by greatstephenho(m): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Great-stephen-ho Auto is Nigeria's online and offline store for automobile repairs services and spare parts sales. Our vision is to create Nigeria's most reliable and frictionless automobile store that creates life-changing experience for automobile users and mechanics. The automobile accessories we have across our categories can help increase the comfort and productivity of your vehicle. Do enjoy the experience!
Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by empron(m): 3:20am On Nov 10, 2017
greatstephenho:
Great-stephen-ho Auto is Nigeria's online and offline store for automobile repairs services and spare parts sales. Our vision is to create Nigeria's most reliable and frictionless automobile store that creates life-changing experience for automobile users and mechanics. The automobile accessories we have across our categories can help increase the comfort and productivity of your vehicle. Do enjoy the experience!
pls can you explain why oil light keeping blinking after changing the oil switch,filter and oil,also the oil pump has good pressure.2001 vw passat 1.8t turbo engine.thanks
Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by deathwing(m): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2017
Usually caused by sludge. I struggled with this problem as late as last month. Apparently, its common on TSIs. You need to clean out the while passage way of the oil. I won't recommend the mechanic i used because he ended up destroying stuff in my car that I'm still fixing. Clean out the oil sludge.

empron:
pls can you explain why oil light keeping blinking after changing the oil switch,filter and oil,also the oil pump has good pressure.2001 vw passat 1.8t turbo engine.thanks

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by empron(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
deathwing:
Usually caused by sludge. I struggled with this problem as late as last month. Apparently, its common on TSIs. You need to clean out the while passage way of the oil. I won't recommend the mechanic i used because he ended up destroying stuff in my car that I'm still fixing. Clean out the oil sludge.

thanks
Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by greatstephenho(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Take it to a programmer to wipe it out.
empron:
Re: Volkswagen And Google Partner For Quantum Computing by empron(m): 5:15am On Nov 12, 2017
greatstephenho:
Take it to a programmer to wipe it out.
ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Confirm Genuity Of Custom Paper For Lagos Cleared Tokunbo Cars / I Need Help With Scanning My Car In Abuja!!! / Please Urgent Advice On Mazda Cx7 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.