Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier (20233 Views)

Elsevier Recognises Landmark’s Exploit In Scopus Publication / How Research Analytics Is Driving Success At A Nigerian University - Elsevier / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by mrvitalis(m): 6:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Ok
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Arivanautos(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
We would get there
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Mubarak55(m): 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
As far as my university is der at number 19 then it's a welcome development
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by AZeD1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:
How many of these research have resulted into tangle value we can feel and touch in the Nigerian society? Researchs are not an end in itself but a means to an end. We churn out researchs that have never been of any tangible benefits to the Nigerian society only as bragging rights
What is stopping you from turning the research into something tangible? At least someone has done the research, you do your own part instead on making noise up and down.

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by TheVictorious(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:
Don't fool yourselves those researchs are more of bragging rights than contributions to body of knowledge

Actually, we live in a society where research is not appreciated like in the developed world.
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by deji17: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
I am looking at the award column and it reads zero for all the Nigeria University listed
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
AZeD1:

What is stopping you from turning the research into something tangible? At least someone has done the research, you do your own part instead on making noise up and down.

The university that conducted the research did not use it for anything meaningful it is me that will use the trash

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by bezimo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
When Did Covenant University start that they are now number 1? Why are they number 1?

Even my Alma Mata of about 47 yrs in existence in Number 5 cant even compare with Covenant University which is just 15 yrs in Number 1.

Very good development

#My case is Different #

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool 300milla isn't small money but how about the possibility of a partnership. Think of a suitable framework that will work best and the merit it will guarantee them. I'll do so too.
Yeah by the way we already have two men interested in the project. A lecturer in Delsu and another guy who owns an Education foundation then i would also speak to another lady in Godfrey Okoye/UNN. They are all under 30 and very excited about it. I will call and give a comprehensive briefing this week.
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by TheVictorious(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
Statsocial:

Yeah by the way we already have two men interested in the project. A lecturer in Delsu and another guy who owns an Education foundation then i would also speak to another lady in Godfrey Okoye/UNN. They are all under 30 and very excited about it. I will call and give a comprehensive briefing this week.

Okay, I'll really be expecting.
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by bezimo(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:
How many of these research have resulted into tangle value we can feel and touch in the Nigerian society? Researchs are not an end in itself but a means to an end. We churn out researchs that have never been of any tangible benefits to the Nigerian society only as bragging rights

You ask a question, the answer is not farfetched a study of developed countries with robust research universities and comparing them to what obtains in Nigeria.You will know the problem is not that we have not researched the solution to our challenges but the political will and enabling environment to implement them is not there yet..So the challenge continues.

During my postgraduate studies in one of those schools in the West, I wrote a peer reviewed paper and posted online after carrying out an extensive literature review on how power supply can be significantly improved in Nigeria through sustainable use of natural gas: the current realities and the way forward. Among other important things I discussed, I also explored the challenge of gas pipeline vandalization which is obvious to all as a major challenge, I highlighted relevant ideas of how to prevent some of those challenges.I can bet you no one from the Power Ministry have looked at such kind of paper, talk less of assessing the feasibility of the ideas, and much less implementing them. Is it the researcher that will implement the solutions found to the challenges?It's not always done that way..

In developed countries industries release massive research grants to academics and universities to help them research out solutions to their challenges whereas in Nigeria the reverse is the case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
bezimo:

You ask a question, the answer is not farfetched a study of developed countries with robust research universities and comparing them to what obtains in Nigeria.You will know the problem is not that we have not researched the solution to our challenges but the political will and enabling environment to implement them is not there yet..So the challenge continues.

During my postgraduate studies, I wrote a peer reviewed paper and posted online after carrying out an extensive literature review on how power supply can be significantly improved in Nigeria through sustainable use of Natural gas: the current realities and the way forward. Among other important things I discussed, I also explored the challenge of gas pipeline vandalization which is obvious to all as a major challenge, I highlighted relevant ideas of how to prevent some of those challenges.I can bet you no one from the Power Ministry have looked at such kind of paper, talk less of assessing the feasibility of the ideas, and much less implementing them. Is it the researcher that will implement the solution therein?

Majority of those in the ministries paid bribes to graduate both in first degree and graduate level. Your lecturers ensured they graduate after payment and you want that same people to look at your research ?

2 Likes

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Walelavender(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
DangotePikin:
Lautech are falling because of the strike.
Even with the drop-7 places down,they are still 11th; over above some Federal Universities. If they can only get their acts together,sky would be the limit.

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

Actually, we live in a society where research is not appreciated like in the developed world.
majority of the research are for bodies whose employees graduated after settling bribes so who will implement?
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by TheVictorious(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
bezimo:

During my postgraduate studies, I wrote a peer reviewed paper and posted online after carrying out an extensive literature review on how power supply can be significantly improved in Nigeria through sustainable use of Natural gas: the current realities and the way forward. Among other important things I discussed, I also explored the challenge of gas pipeline vandalization which is obvious to all as a major challenge, I highlighted relevant ideas of how to prevent some of those challenges.I can bet you no one from the Power Ministry have looked at such kind of paper, talk less of assessing the feasibility of the ideas, and much less implementing them. Is it the researcher that will implement the solutions found to the challenges?It's not always done that way..

In developed countries industries release massive research grants to academics and universities to help them research out solutions to their challenges whereas in Nigeria the reverse is the case.

Lool which of the power ministers will look at it? Those who are unconcerned about power but got appointed to head the power ministry as a reward for political loyalty You see!

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
bezimo:

During my postgraduate studies, I wrote a peer reviewed paper and posted online after carrying out an extensive literature review on how power supply can be significantly improved in Nigeria through sustainable use of Natural gas: the current realities and the way forward. Among other important things I discussed, I also explored the challenge of gas pipeline vandalization which is obvious to all as a major challenge, I highlighted relevant ideas of how to prevent some of those challenges.I can bet you no one from the Power Ministry have looked at such kind of paper, talk less of assessing the feasibility of the ideas, and much less implementing them. Is it the researcher that will implement the solutions found to the challenges?It's not always done that way..

Truth is most Nigerians don't know anything about the Challenges Universities face in this climate.

2 Likes

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by TheVictorious(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:
majority of the research are for bodies whose employees graduated after settling bribes so who will implement?

Exactly. But imagine something. Of what effect will it be if these schools pioneer an aggressive business drive to implement their research? In the case of Covenant, you and I know the kind of headlines that will make the news: "Oyedepo covenant university starts a new manufacturing company that cannot provide for the church people"! I think they've just been trying to play safe to some extent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

Exactly. But imagine something. Of what effect will it be if these schools pioneer an aggressive business drive to implement their research? In the case of Covenant, you and I know the kind of headlines that will make the news: "Oyedepo covenant university starts a new manufacturing company that cannot provide for the church people"! I think they've just been trying to play safe to some extent

There is no harm if they implement their own reserch. It is not today oyedepo has been headlining in the news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
bezimo:
When Did Covenant University start that they are now number 1? Why are they number 1?

Even my Alma Mata of about 47 yrs in existence in Number 5 cant even compare with Covenant University which is just 15 yrs in Number 1.

Very good development

#My case is Different #

Go check the award column none for all the Nigerian schools

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by AZeD1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:

The university that conducted the research did not use it for anything meaningful it is me that will use the trash
There's a difference between academic research and industrial research. Most times academic research leads to industrial research.
Now the academic researchers have done their part, it's up to you to see how that research can be used for something meaningful.
If you can't do that, then don't complain.
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by ivolt: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:
Don't fool yourselves those researchs are more of bragging rights than contributions to body of knowledge

The value of a research depends on its usefulness not motives.

1 Like

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
AZeD1:

There's a difference between academic research and industrial research. Most times academic research leads to industrial research.
Now the academic researchers have done their part, it's up to you to see how that research can be used for something meaningful.
If you can't do that, then don't complain.

Did you check the award list column? None had an award

Siddon there dey blow grammar

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by AZeD1(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
free2ryhme:

Did you check the award list column? None had an award

Siddon there dey blow grammar
So it's the awards that are your problem now?
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Chukwuka16: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Yeah, that's just one part of the problem. Did you also consider the policy implication of adopting your proposed model in line with existing policies (EPSRA 2005, gas laws, trading structure, gas purchase agreements, forex, ROIs etc.)? Your work need not be applicable here in the interim. It could generate interests outside too. I would be glad if you could make available the paper link. Just indicate and I'd pm you.

bezimo:

During my postgraduate studies in one of those schools in the West, I wrote a peer reviewed paper and posted online after carrying out an extensive literature review on how power supply can be significantly improved in Nigeria through sustainable use of natural gas: the current realities and the way forward. Among other important things I discussed, I also explored the challenge of gas pipeline vandalization which is obvious to all as a major challenge, I highlighted relevant ideas of how to prevent some of those challenges.I can bet you no one from the Power Ministry have looked at such kind of paper, talk less of assessing the feasibility of the ideas, and much less implementing them. Is it the researcher that will implement the solutions found to the challenges?It's not always done that way..

Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by free2ryhme: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
AZeD1:

So it's the awards that are your problem now?

You problem dey your front
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
TheVictorious:

By the way how far that canaancity project? Is it still going on strong. You know I still don't know where that place.
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by Myketuale(m): 12:43am On Nov 09, 2017
This is a welcome development!!
Re: See Top Nigerian Universities In Decision Sciences - Elsevier by TheVictorious(m): 7:33am On Nov 09, 2017
Statsocial:

By the way how far that canaancity project? Is it still going on strong. You know I still don't know where that place.

It's been some time I last stepped there

(1) (2) (Reply)

FUT Minna Post-graduate Studies 2013/2014. Anyone? / Waec 2010/2011 Result / UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.