Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens (9103 Views)

US Authorises Importation Of Oha Leaves From Nigeria / Christmas: Chicken May Sell For N10,000 - Poultry Farmers Raise Alarm / I Sell Whole Frozen Chickens In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by ponti93(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2017
Even with frozen chicken and all, market demand is still not met... Talk more of when you leave d market all to the local producers.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by kenoyad: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2017
designVATExcel:
Nigeria is indeed a large market.
With all the frozen chicken produced from Ota Farm we still import.
Damn.

I feel for them though, imported chickens will for now be cheaper than the locally made ones. Due mainly to the high cost of running a business in naija, especially electricity.

electricity is not the only constraints in chicken production, input is also on the high cost, I'm aware Oduntan also import some feed supplements from Brazil and other nations. that's why we are having problems in every sector of the economy. things had been bastardized for decades, now there are still bottlenecks from government officials from righting the wrongs. government officials are damn corrupt and too compromised.

1 Like

Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Bullhari007(m): 11:21am On Nov 09, 2017
they should subsidies their product, how can I buy full live chicken for 3500 when I can get it for 2k at frozen food... everyone in Nigeria want to make money by all means... buhari is a goat
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Bullhari007(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2017
mapet:

Most of those imported frozen chicken are not safe. Many are preserved with chemicals that are not safe for human consumption. Some of those chickens are suspected to be genetically modified
are you there when they preserve it with chemical amibo...
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by 400billionman: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2017
ivolt:

An import-dependent economy is no economy at all.
Expensive local item is better for the economy than a cheap
imported one.

It is pathetic Nigerians are using dollars to import chicken, palm oil and foreign rice..

Killing the economy..
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2017
dayoMK:
mhmm

Frozen chicken is tasteless and unhealthy. Caterers don't even use them for parties anymore.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by muba4huss(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2017
hisgrace090:
This farmers are becoming more of alarmist.

Were do they see imported chicken for Christ sake?

Despite how difficult they have made it for people to enjoy chicken meal in Nigeria so they"re still lamenting?

Allowing Nigerians to dominate any market is becoming more dangerous by the day, do to greed.

Cement price have escalated because Dangote is in charge.
if you have any knowledge on how this frozen chicken is been preserved, I swear u won't buy it again. its kills gradually... as for me , I buy n kill
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by muba4huss(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2017
kenoyad:

electricity is not the only constraints in chicken production, input is also on the high cost, I'm aware Oduntan also import some feed supplements from Brazil and other nations. that's why we are having problems in every sector of the economy. things had been bastardized for decades, now there are still bottlenecks from government officials from righting the wrongs. government officials are damn corrupt and too compromised.
go for quality not quantity cos your life depends on it
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
they should subsidies their product, how can I buy full live chicken for 3500 when I can get it for 2k at frozen food... everyone in Nigeria want to make money by all means... buhari is a goat
What?! Local chicken is 1500, they tie 2 together for 2800/3000. The agric ones are 1800 upwards, depending on type &size.
Go to a proper mkt with poultry section.

1 Like

Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by sinceraconcept(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
Tudahko:

Na local fowl I dey chop
local fowl is the best, how much do you buy it?
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Bullhari007(m): 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
janellemonae:

What?! Local chicken is 1500, they tie 2 together for 2800/3000. The agric ones are 1800 upwards, depending on type &size.
Go to a proper mkt with poultry section.
healthy 6 months Broiler Chicken
for my side is 3500, but old layer wey don lay eggs tired nah 2500k... why should I buy live chicken for 3500k while I can get full frozen chicken at 2k , I don even book my Christmas and new year chicken, because if I wait till mid December I will buy them for 5k
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
healthy 6 months Broiler Chicken
for my side is 3500, but old layer wey don lay eggs tired nah 2500k... why should I buy live chicken for 3500k while I can get full frozen chicken at 2k

Those are Agrics, u can buy local chicken cheaper dn 2k as I explained. You will find local chicken in any big market. It's sweeter and better for ur health.

We also buy our live chickens/guinea fowl 1st week of December for Christmas. Wt dt 5k, U can buy 3 & feed ur local chickens fat. Anyway, to each his own I guess.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Bullhari007(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
janellemonae:

Those are Agrics, u can buy local chicken cheaper dn 2k as I explained. You will find local chicken in any big market. It's sweeter and better for ur health.

We also buy our live chickens/guinea fowl 1st week of December for Christmas. Wt dt 5k, U can buy 3 & feed ur local chickens fat. Anyway, to each his own I guess.
local chicken... how many people go chop that one, even one local chicken no go full me not to talk of all this hungry ancestors I called friends, chicken suppose to be one of the cheapest source in Nigeria , in Cotonou there is no passing day I will cook without full chicken, very cheap and affordable
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by elslaqq: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
continu.
ELSLAQ cares.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by yemmit90: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
local chicken... how many people go chop that one, even one local chicken no go full me not to talk of all this hungry ancestors I called friends, chicken suppose to be one of the cheapest source in Nigeria , in Cotonou there is no passing day I will cook without full chicken, very cheap and affordable

I doubt if you buy or eat chicken at all. Locally made frozen chicken are very cheap these days even cheaper than cow or goat meat. Your kind are the reasons Nigeria will remain backward or under-developed economically because you dont see any reason to promote or encourage local production that is the backbone of any developed economy in the world.

Smaggling is not only causing serious hovoc in poultry sector but also exposing alot of innocent souls to deadly cancer by consuming chemically imported frozen chicken. This sector alone can provide jobs/income for millions of Nigerians but our greedy, wicked, ignorant and useless government and its officials in charge wont see this because of their selfish interest that will come back to hurts them or their future generations.

Economic stability or standard of living of society should be an immediate concern of every country, but unfortunately, we dont have that natural instinct in this part of the world to achieve that.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Bullhari007(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
yemmit90:

I doubt if you buy or eat chicken at all. Locally made frozen chicken are very cheap these days even cheaper than cow or goat meat. Your kind are the reasons Nigeria will remain backward or under-developed economically because you dont see any reason to promote or encourage local production that is the backbone of any developed economy in the world.

Smaggling is not only causing serious hovoc in poultry sector but also exposing alot of innocent souls to deadly cancer by consuming chemically imported frozen chicken. This sector alone can provide jobs/income for millions of Nigerians but our greedy, wicked, ignorant and useless government and its officials in charge wont see this because of their selfish interest that will come back to hurts them or their future generations.

Economic stability or standard of living of society should be an immediate concern of every country, but unfortunately, we dont have that natural instinct in this part of the world to achieve that.
just gerrout of here, do you think I live in your village ijubu where native chicken are produce in large quantity... Onye Ara
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by yemmit90: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
hisgrace090:
This farmers are becoming more of alarmist.

Were do they see imported chicken for Christ sake?

Despite how difficult they have made it for people to enjoy chicken meal in Nigeria so they"re still lamenting?

Allowing Nigerians to dominate any market is becoming more dangerous by the day, do to greed.

Cement price have escalated because Dangote is in charge.

It is obvious you know absolute nothing about frozen food market.

It is also saddened and pathetic to see bloody grown up youth(the future of Nigeria) like you to say "it is dangerous to allow Nigerians to dominate her market to boost her economy and standard of living".

I used to feel less concern about Nigeria economy or environment until i saw it with my two naked eyes( a man killed by suspected unemployed youth robbers) along the highway. The reality is that, we are all not save(rich or poor) as long as economy is not viable or self sufficiency.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Flexherbal:
Buy Nija, grow naira!
Buy naija,grow naira for polithiefsians to steal and loot bahh
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by yemmit90: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
just gerrout of here, do you think I live in your village ijubu where native chicken are produce in large quantity... Onye Ara

Did you lack comprehension skill? Who's talking about traditional fowls here?

I'm done with you anyway!
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by hisgrace090: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
yemmit90:

It is obvious you know absolute nothing about frozen food market.

It is also saddened and pathetic to see bloody grown up youth(the future of Nigeria) like you to say "it is dangerous to allow Nigerians to dominate her market to boost her economy and standard of living".

I used to feel less concern about Nigeria economy or environment until i saw it with my two naked eyes( a man killed by suspected unemployed youth robbers) along the highway. The reality is that, we are all not save(rich or poor) as long as economy is not viable or self sufficiency.

So lf I make money meant for 3 items I will spend all just on one ?Because there is no price regulation nor control in Nigeria.

It is day light robbery to the masses.
Re: Farmers Raise Alarm Over Importation Of Frozen Chickens by CioAngels(f): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
mapet:

Most of those imported frozen chicken are not safe. Many are preserved with chemicals that are not safe for human consumption. Some of those chickens are suspected to be genetically modified
Where are the places we can buy the local frozen chicken? I bought 2 life chicken at agric Ikorodu and it boiled for only ten minutes and what did see, chicken bones one side flesh one side, meaning to say the fowl i bought was two month old fowl. Is that what we should buy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garri(ibo,Ijebu,Egba), Fufu paste,Elubo and Pupuru Buyers Needed / Seasons like this makes you want to sell off your Snails! / Is Greenhouse Farming Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.