Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Help With My Chevrolet Optra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My Chevrolet Optra (1547 Views)

Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video) / My Chevrolet Car Shows This Message On Dashboard / Pls How Reliable Is The Chevrolet Optra Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Chevrolet Optra by fred900(m): 9:49am On Nov 09, 2017
Hello Car Gurus,

My car is a Chevrolet Optra 2006, whenever i press down the accelerator pedal i feel some sensation of metal struggle on my legs. I get to feel groaning sounds from the front end coming from below the vehicle. This makes my driving not to be smooth as it used to be.

Please I need help in solving this problem. I want to have an idea what it is about so that these mechanics wont be doing guess work with my car.

Thank you.
Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
And feels like the ABS but that should be when you step on brake.

What has anyone recently worked on like brakes or shaft even tires
Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by fred900(m): 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
I feel the grinding sensation mainly on the accelerator when moving or stop. Also when I negotiate a turn either left or right , I get to feel metal struggle around my front suspension areas.

Recently I've changed the hubs, my tires are brand new.
Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2017
fred900:
I feel the grinding sensation mainly on the accelerator when moving or stop. Also when I negotiate a turn either left or right , I get to feel metal struggle around my front suspension areas.

Recently I've changed the hubs, my tires are brand new.

Very good answer we are almost there.

Now you will check If the frequency of the sound increases with speed or not if the sound changes with speed I suspect that the person who replaced your hub did not put the brakes on properly and it is grinding on the rotors or he replaced your hub with a fake one with bad wheel bearings.

You will have to go to a mechanic lift up both front wheels put gear in neutral and spin the tires with your hands and you will hear the source of you problem if you can see a distinct circle on your rotors now it is your brakes that is scratching or I'd you wheels are hot after driving( not brakes)

2 Likes

Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by fred900(m): 10:53am On Nov 10, 2017
Thank you Sultaan,

Once i hit top speed while driving the sound and feeling on the throttle disappears, it only returns when i start slowing down or coming to a stop. Also once i put on the air conditioner the sound heightens.
Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by sultaan(m): 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
fred900:
Thank you Sultaan,

Once i hit top speed while driving the sound and feeling on the throttle disappears, it only returns when i start slowing down or coming to a stop. Also once i put on the air conditioner the sound heightens.

You just changed the direction of everything, if a.c. is involved then it might be your pulley bearings but that should not affect the acceleration you described earlier..

So do you hear the sound when your car is stationary and you turn on the a.c., if it only comes on when moving check your brakes and wheel

1 Like

Re: Help With My Chevrolet Optra by fred900(m): 12:00am On Nov 12, 2017
Thank you Sultaan. you have been of great help.

(1) (Reply)

Carxie Our Uber / Pros & Cons Of Bmw / Do You Know That The Innoson IVM G80 Gifted To BBN Winner Mercy Lambo Is A Vari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.