Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire (40393 Views)

Obanikoro Flees To US As Fayose's Court Case Begins / Eleka Kneels Down As Fayose Prays For His Victory (Video) / Buhari's Ekiti Visit: Vehicles Parked As Fayose Shuts Down Transport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire by IME1: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
What language do you think all these people will be speaking at this meeting?
Hmm, we have Yoruba man, Efik man, Ibibio man, Hausa man, Ikwerre man, Igbo man...

So i guess English!

I am not a fan of English (i rejected studying it as a course when I could not get my desired course in my desired university at my desired time)
I have never been to England
I do not pledge loyalty to the queen
Nor do i claim allegiance to colonialism or neo colonialism

But see now, they cannot speak Yoruba here now
Can they speak Igbo here
Or can they converse in Hausa
Even pidgin they no go fit

Why then do i get disturbed and attacked when I travel to any part of Nigeria and can't speak their language?

The worst places are places with the 3 dominant languages in Nigeria.
It irks and irritates me.
We who do not belong to any of the 3 are not minority or sub human or sub Nigerian now
I am trying but I don't know if I have the gift of languages, why do people show great hostility and lack of hospitality in those places with the 3 largely spoken languages in Nigeria?

I ask those who are Yoruba that serve or get transferred to the East if they learnt Igbo and they can even spit at the idea.
I ask Hausa/Fulani in the West if they can speak Yoruba and they turn their faces in disgust at the question.
I ask the Igbos who stay in the West (and who may understand Yoruba a little) why they don't speak Yoruba and they curse and swear and quarrel.

I give up.
When people ask me about my tribe, I say I am a Nigerian. If that does not suffice, walk away permanently.

Don't be deceived majority of Nigerians do not believe in one Nigeria and it's getting worse.
Even among those who inter marry it is chaotic i tell you.

# think

Look for the old song, Lingua franca by Evi Edna Ogoli, you will stop asking the unnecessary question of, where are you from? Do you understand so so so language
Re: PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire by potbelly(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
wink
Oyindidi:
That makes you a sugardaddygrin
Re: PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire by Oyindidi(f): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: PDP Governors Meet In Abuja, As Fayose Steps Out In Youthful Attire by Bohlade: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari Is Dead. Former President Dies At 93 / 2023: Northern Elders Give Condition For Southerner To Become Next President / Obi’s Names On NYSC, UNN Certificates Are Different - Arabambi (Apapa Faction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.