Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,685 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers (40870 Views)

Australia: Boeing 787 Suffers Drop Due To Technical Problem. 50 Injured / Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague / Inside The World's Only Private Boeing 787 Dreamliner That Cost N27m/hr To Hire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by FarahAideed: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Wow , I have never flown on a dreamliner
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by FarahAideed: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
slapandfall:
New is relative.

#Most of the olds in Europe is New in Africa..
Sad truth.

Na only God know where they go bring this one from.
Forget name ooo.. Boeing 787-9 . That thing can be written with paint so don't be deceived.

The 787 series 9 is the most advanced duo jet commercial liner in the world ..
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by chukxie(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
juman:

One nigeria is totally wrong.

Nice point. Nigeria will never experience true development unless every region uses the wealth generated in it to develop itself. Ordinary Nigerians don't realise how 'a hundredly' screwed Nigeria is. The country is 'phucked' all thanks to the selfish leaders Nigeria has had, and currently having.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by nwatthu(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good move..
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by juman(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
chukxie:

Nice point. Nigeria will never experience true development unless every region uses the wealth generated in it to develop itself. Ordinary Nigerians don't realise how 'a hundredly' screwed Nigeria is. The country is 'phucked' all thanks to the selfish leaders Nigeria has had, and currently having.

Gbam.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by InvertedHammer: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
belindar:
Nigeria Giant of Africa....hmmmmmmm

Giant of Africa is "oke afa na-egbu nwa nkita"

Nigeria is a "I get am before no be property"

Technology bridged the gap fast. Once obscure countries are now more habitable than Nigeria because at least you are guaranteed
24hrs power with good road network. What could beat that? No infrastructures, no development.

Ethiopia, the only African country that was never colonized---that is the real giant. Not Nigeria that Britain uses as toilet tissue. Heck! the President gets permission from them before any task in this 2017. Any little upheaval, FGN sends delegates to UK to explain. Go figure!

//
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by kikake: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
Only 177 passengers? Perhaps, because it uses small aircraft, It's nearly impossible to get a seat from Europe to Enugu flights of Ethiopian airline.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by Heavance(m): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
slapandfall:
New is relative.

Sad truth.

Forget name ooo.. Boeing 787-9 . That thing can be written with paint so don't be deceived.
That is the main thing that generates revenue for Ethiopia, you think they will compromise like Nigeria?
They don't joke with quality and standard, that's why they are the pride of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by gnykelly(m): 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
lovely
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by alabiyemmy(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
slapandfall:
New is relative.

Sad truth.

Obviously you are too lazy to read the story

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
SageTravels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGxpAdG-Oc8

‎‎Ethiopian Airlines, on Tuesday, landed its newest acquired airline, Boeing 787-9 at the ‎Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja‎ with about 177 passengers on board from Adis Ababa, Ethiopia to celebrate the arrival of the new aircraft

‎‎The plane, which is tagged the Big Brother to Abuja, landed ‎around 11:45am with 27 passengers on board the business class while over 150 passengers were in the economic class.

‎‎The new aircraft was welcomed by the officers of the Airport Fire Service with the usual flight shower to mark the arrival of new aircraft to the airport.‎

‎The 787 Dreamliner is the most innovative and efficient airplane family flying today. Since 2011, more than 600 Dreamliners have entered commercial services, flying almost 200 million people on more than 560 unique routes around the world, saving an estimated 19 billion pounds of fuel.‎

Speaking about the newly acquired B787-9, the Traffic and Sales Manager of Ethiopia Airline, Firiehiwot Mekonnen said purchasing “the plane is part of the company’s commitment to deliver exceptional level of service to the African market by operating the latest technologically advanced aircraft in the market.‎

“Passengers have enjoyed the unique onboard features of this latest technology aircraft such as on-board comfort thanks to their unique features such as the biggest windows in the sky, high ceiling, less noise, distinctive lighting, and higher air humidity.”

Also, the Pilot of the plane, Michael Yil‎ma said the aircraft was the most economical in terms of fuel consumption and noise and noted ‎that the passengers had enjoyed the unique onboard features of the latest technology aircraft such as on-board comfort.

Yilma said that he was one of the first pilots to be trained on the aircraft, explaining that Ethiopian airline was the second to acquire the B787-9 after Japan.

According to him, “I am one the first pilots of this aircraft in the world because Ethiopia is the second to acquire it after Japan. ‎And because I have been flying Boeing for five years now, I can say that this aircraft is the best so far. ‎What makes it different from other aircraft is its noise level and it is very economical and the quality of the air in the cabin is superb.

“It is also more comfortable for passengers because the noise level is minimal and the quality of air they breathe in the cabin is also perfect.”‎

Recall that Ethiopian Airlines has always services Abuja with its newest Aircraft. It brought the Dreamliner B787 to Abuja in 2012 and Reopened the Abuja Airport this year with the A350 when the Airport was reopened after 6 weeks closure.

Ethiopian Airlines has been operating into Nigeria since 1960 and currently flies to 5 cities in Nigeria. It was the only international Airline that flew to Kaduna Airport when Abuja Airport was shut down for repairs. Ethiopian becomes the first carrier in Africa to operate the 787-9 and extends a tradition of setting aviation milestones. Ethiopian became Africa’s first carrier to fly the 787-8 in 2012, and similarly introduced the 777-200LR (Longer Range), 777-300ER (Extended Range) and 777 Freighter.

http://leadership.ng/2017/11/07/ethiopian-airline-lands-latest-boeing-787-9-abuja-177-passengers/

Poor landlocked Ethiopia has a national carrier which has become one of the most popular airline in the world..... Nigeria doesn't even own a plastic plane.

But the only thing that bothers me is why some nigeria youth scream one nigeria like their life depends on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by piagetskinner(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
and somebody will tell me Nigeria is the giant of africa...taar

we are only giant in population, and dwarfs in other aspects

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by Bossman(m): 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
That's good for Ethiopian airways. The are the 4th largest carrier in Africa, after only EgyptAir, SouthAfrican Airways, and Royal Air Maroc.

The 787 series are indeed awesome. I flew it (787-8 ) with United Airlines into Lagos for about 6 years or so, until United canceled their Lagos route last year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Odianose13:
I really dnt understand why Ethiopia is still one of the poorest country in Africa. What are they really not doing?
The main reason is that the past aristocracies didn't want to industrialize the country at the same magnitude like Japan for example because of strong conservative attitude. There are also other reasons like corruption and the destruction the country faced during the Derg military government. The Amhara region of Ethiopia is the poorest place on earth access to Aljezera news in 2014.

Ethiopia is a place with diverse ancient cultures and our history and landscapes are great, but life is very difficult for the most part.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by RaptorX: 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
slapandfall:
New is relative.

Sad truth.

Who is this illiterate, written with paint indeed. You must be a joker.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by demefaboy(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
saxby:
Nice Nice one. After landing, now that they are in town, they show follow @myhookups on Twitter for free hook up contact for weekend sexxxx
They are not free

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by dikeigbo2(m): 2:18am On Nov 10, 2017
[left][/left]
davodyguy:

I am saying what I know and I Fly by air to different parts of the world. In fact, I've flown with ET on a couple of occasions.

SAA and KA are behind them.

Your point is?

My point is.......you lied by saying they never allowed other airlines into their airport.....I don't exaggerate please....ET and KA are the best African airlines for now
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by FEGNO: 8:16am On Nov 10, 2017
A real surprise that the fire trucks actually had water to spray. Is it not in Nigeria that fire trucks raced to a burning building without any water in them?
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by Decryptor(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2017
That water from the Nigerian Fire Service has reduced the life span of the aircraft.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by davodyguy: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2017
dikeigbo2:
[left][/left]

My point is.......you lied by saying they never allowed other airlines into their airport.....I don't exaggerate please....ET and KA are the best African airlines for now

It's either you have comprehension challenge or you just couldnt read. See my post against and decipher if I ever said they never allow.

davodyguy:

If you've been to Ethiopia, you'll realize that they hardly allow foreign airlines land in Addis Ababa

One of the reasons they're surviving.

SAA and KA are far behind Ethiopian Airline

Learn next time, before you respond. I don't talk much about what i don't know and always ready to learn.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by fleetfeet: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
As advanced as the 787 is, nothing compares to the B777. Nothing in the sky. Range, fuel efficiency and cost per passenger the tripple seven comes tops.
Aviation practitioners in nigeria are not in the business for the long haul-they want to quickly cash out. That is why Arik Air, flying close to 10000 passengers daily (all pre paid) at premium price, yet te same airline is cash strapped.
It is not the duty of the government to do everything, that's why we have the private sector. They have the enabling environment but lack corporate governance.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by fleetfeet: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
All international airlines make announcements first in their home country language before any other language.
Guyman02:
I flew to Addis on their latest Airbus A350 with the onboard entertainment and I really enjoyed the flight.
They only annoying part is that all their announcement was first in their native language which was like telling us that we have failed in keeping our own airline afloat, despite the fact that 95% of the passengers were Nigerians.
Kudos to Ethiopian.
Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by StepG: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2017
wink2015:
It is really shameful and painful that an oil rich nation like Nigeria can not afford to operate a National Carrier.

Under our very eyes, our past administration both military and civilian ran down the defunct Nigeria Airways.

When we brought in Richard Branson to partner with us to run Virgin Airlines as a national carriers during the Obasanjo wow government. The very people who are claiming to be patroitic help to ruin that arrangement and Richard Branson left Nigeria as he was not ready for Nigerian shit.

What a nation called Nigeria. Wow nice one

No wonder, a song writer by name, Abdulkareem Idris released a song some years back saying NIGERIA SCATTER SCATTER, EVERYTHING JAGA JAGA.

Today, South Africa Airways, Kenya Airways, and Ethiopian Airlines are making Africa proud. Funny enough, smaller countries that is very poor like Rwanda have a national carriers called Rwanda Air. Mugabe 's Zimbabwe, have Air Zimbabwe

But where is Nigeria among these countries? No where to be found.

We are only good at corruption.

Corruption na our name? SHAME!

Re: Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers by saxby(f): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2017
demefaboy:
They are not free

No girl is free bro. I mean anywhere. No free girl anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Dangerous Crack Below Oworo-Ogudu Bridge (Picture) / Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.