Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned (3881 Views)

Building In Nigeria: Lessons Learned / Free Property Advert Online With Pictures / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by lawyer(m): 12:57am On Mar 21, 2010
I think my orientation about helping Nairalanders should change because i think there is a limit to helping people and being used and dumped without even saying a simple thank you. Anyway, all that is gone and i have learnt that the more you are honest with people, the more they take you for granted. The more you look and act fraudulent, the more your respected and accepted.

I know i said i would help people to do things free and i have been doing it freely but i have realised nothing in life is free. Doing property search is one of the most difficult jobs in Lagos and i bet 3/4 of Nairalanders cannot do that job. Running from pillar to post trying to check out the validity of a property so that the Nairalander will not be scammed by omoniles and the same Nairalander would sit down comfortably in his or her office dishing orders via emails and phone calls and at the end of the day disappear without any form of appreciation or minor commendation. Some will so use you to bleed you dry trying to garner information that they have searched far and wide to get and when they get it so easy from me, i become a toe-rag to them.

There are the ones that will tell me to help them find good lands with good documents and after scouting the whole Lagos looking for a good land for them, burning Fuel in serious traffic, meeting countless agents and omoniles, investigating and tripple checking the property, the Nairalander will just disappear and leave me hanging at the mercy of the omonile's so that when somebody that really wants the property comes, they will pour out the frustration on that person by doubling the price and turning me to an outcast all because i wanted to help someone Abroad to get a Good land. Honesty really sucks!!!   undecided

There are those that prefer straight out lies for them to be convinced. You tell them that a property is under Government acquisition, they get angry that they can't get it and stop contact with you because the Agent or Omonile will tell them that i am too "academic" in my approach or too formal and that other lawyers don't go through all these checks and balances before they buy properties and that they should do away with me instantly.

Well the good news is that other lawyers dont need to be as academic as me because its from that land problem that other lawyers will see their daily bread through the forth coming land case in court about that same land and people like me  who try to prevent land cases are the enemy of progress.

In short, i understand the way things work now. Its is a Nigerian thing to accept mediocrity and fraud as the way of life for survival. I have tried to toe the path of honour and truth to show that not all Nigerians are bad, fraudulent and some can geninuely help people but i have been soundly defeated by my ideologies. It just won't work! Things need to be treated as a business before it is being appreciated. Information need to be hoarded before it is respected. Things have to be done in secrecy and lies before it is accepted and hypocrisy is the other of the day.

[b]I know of a man today that i have been helping him search for a land for free for almost 4 months. I have searched over 20 plots in Lekki that i have not recommended for him to buy that were either under government acquistion or is in serious dispute. Finally i saw one that i believed he should have, although it had some quirks, after consulting with Alausa, it was found that it could be sorted out for him. This man now wanted to push me to do something unproffessional to draft agreements when i havent done my other search to meet the families or draft an agreement that they will sign without knowing the contents of what they signed because he wants to pay for the land immediately. No amount of money will push me to do something that will be unproffessional and unethical and before you knew it, after all these things i have done for him freely, he decided to put me aside and hire another attorney to do his unethical wishes.

I really hope he has paid for that land because today i did further search on that land and i found out the reason why the original omonile families have been dodging me to meet with them and produce their documents. That whole area is under a serious court battle and community battle and 10s of people have sold and resold that same portion of land over and over again. Fences have been put and destroyed over and over again. Beacons have been put and removed over and over again. Millions have been lost over and over again.  Naturally i should tell him my search report freely so that he can cancel the transaction and save his millions but i won't. I have learnt the way it works  from today. Information freely got is not appreciated. When he loses his money and he spends another couple of thousands running from pillar to police stations without seeing any head or tail and he spends another extra thousands for court case which he wont likely win, then he will remember that all this would have been solved for just a very little token and  small words of appreciation and that professionalism cannot be quantified and compromised[/b].

There are still people on Nairaland that i can do anything for free anytime and anyday because they have earned it and all they need to do is disturb me anytime 24/7 and i will carry their problems on my head as if it was mine. They have been kind to me and its a must i must be kind to them and their children's children and for that i will forever be grateful to them and see them as my eternal friends. They are the ones that still make me believe that something Good can still come out of Nigerians but they have thought me to sleep with one eyes open from now on and i would unless i would be reduced to a doormat!

So please forgive me if i am not as forth coming as before to do things freely. I have learnt the hard way and pauperized myself trying to be saint in the midst of non-saints. I wont change my professional way of doing things to search both heaven and earth before i endorse a property as a good one but i wont be a used towel anymore. I dont think i have cheated any body on Nairaland and i i would not allow people to cheat me and confuse my kindness for them with Stupidity.

If you dont like it, leave your office, remove your shoes and change to slippers or trainers or forest boots, enter different locations searching for a land in Badagry, Ikorodu or Lekki/Ajah under the Hot scorching sun or freezing rain, go to the land registry of the high court to confirm whether the land is free from litigation, cross over to the surveyor general's office to confirm if the property is free from acquistion, Go to the land bureau in Alausa to confirm the papers, Go back to the Omonile to know who is actually lying and who the real seller is, confront dodgy Agents that will show you more dubious lands, rush back to your office and after you have done all that this week, you find out that there is a problem with the land and you fall very sick from all the Waka Waka, Next week, you do the whole process all over again and again and again for 8 weeks in a row until you give up and decide to call me to take it over from you! And before you call me, please value how much it will cost you personally to do the running around for 4 weeks in a row going through this nightmare, so that next time you will appreciate what i do that you take for granted.

Have a blessed week!  smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by BolaA1: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2010
Lawyer thank you very much for all your help. You have just described the way most Nigerians think, especially those living abroad. I don't know what to call it, arrogance, stupidity whatever. But you are absolutely right.

I am just a newly registered Nairalander, but since I registered at Nairaland, your postings have actually intrigued me. In addition to arrogance and stupidity, I think another reason why some people behave the way they do to you is derived from a saying "anyone who does not have your type will never appreciate you." I recognized your benevolence immediately I started reading your posts because I have had dealings with a number of Nigerian lawyers, and I know their attitude to investigating facts, and two, I also found myself reading law out side Nigeria. So it actually takes one to know one. I can say that you are 'the wisdom of Coke' dressed in gown and wig. I have learnt a lot from your postings, and I wish that you continue. However, your newly derived attitude is what some Nigerians deserve, and they need to have it.

However, those who deserve better deals, kindly give it to them as you promised. Stay blessed.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by KunleA2(m): 7:39am On Mar 22, 2010
@ Lawyer,

Unfortunately, Nigerians still don't respect professionalism. That is why the state of workmanship is poor and shoddy. Many ppl expect to get things for free and not even say thank you.

People sure liked to be lied to. I can testify to that. Just keep up your honesty. Even if it was only respected by few people.

A while ago, i happened to post some building tips on Property section. Even though i am not an architect, i still get email from people requesting for home plans

Even though, if i am an architect, why would anyone expect me to toil on home plans only to send it out for free for someone i don't know for free?

It baffles me.

Keep up the good work.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by queenafric(f): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2010
Some people wont ever appreciate honesty. However, lawyer na u i go beg. Pls, i plead with u on behalf of the few good people on Nairaland. Dont be annoyed or discouraged. The Almighty Lord will bless u richly abundantly cos u are doing a damn good job.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by kayodeGid: 11:35am On Mar 22, 2010
Good talk by all.Lawyer,pls continue with the good tins dat u hv being doing God wil reward u abundantly AMEN. I wil really want us to enlighten nigerians or nairalanders about services,dis is not buying /selling of goods but rending of services so it should be value, Thanks
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by babaogun(m): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2010
You are probably the most positive active person on Nairaland. You usually take your time to assist all of us.
Thanks once again. I never used your advices, but i knew i could always steal some of the ideas posted.
Anyways, please don't let the foolishness of some rob others of your invaluable contributions.

Remember, if pastors or imams closed shop because their members stole from the church/ mosque or anywhere, we probably wont have any place of worship today.
Regards.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Devonian(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2010
Please, uncompromisingly stick to your new policy. If anyone needs your service, charge them your dues and do your job professionally. The majority of Nigerians I have personally met and helped in the Diaspora are ingrats, and I took a similar decision over two yers ago. Now, I'm less concerned about anyone going thorugh thick and thin. I only wish them well but offer no help.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Akolawole(m): 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Lawyer

Though i hardly come to this section but I have experienced such problem on a number of occasion. Its a terrible experience. I will NOT advice you to stop helping because somehow you will be rewarded by God at his time.

Just give a basic or general information but if you need to give full information, please charge reasonable amount.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Felixv: 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
well,I guess its right to show some respect and appreciation.for someone like me that has experienced the stress of trying to recover money from a bad deal,I know the effort our friend 'the lawyer' has been through.
It was reading his advice that i became wiser and started doing a proper search,to the extend that i now have an alausa surveyor who i meet to check the validity of any land i want to buy.

But one thing i will like to ask 'the lawyer' , is your professional services still available,cos i would like to pay for your services, one needs a lawyer in land deal ,

hope you have a nice day and stay blessed,,

thanks

Felix
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Mashkov: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
@ lawyer,
I can feel the bitterness and anger in your words. Really, I won't blame you at all for taking this position cos people can be so so terrible and ungrateful. I support the idea of charing for your services; you exercise the discretion to offer service to anyone free. The truth is people appreciate what they pay for!!! I wish you well and I apologise on behalf of all nairalanders that might have offended you. Ciao!!
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Emperoh(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
There is only one option. . . . U have to charge for any Land Investigation!
Like that, they will learn what it means to be honest!!
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2010
can hardly say i blame you. i feel bad that people would treat you like that and take you for granted in that way. i agree you should charge for your services henceforth. take heart. we're not all terrible people.

cheers.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by lawyer(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2010
I dont really have any problem in assisting People with Information on Nairaland freely regarding Property Issues and I dont think i will stop helping people because of a few. its just that maybe its a Ghandi Moment in me to assist people concerning property issues and i always feel that for everytime 4 people are trying to feel smart, there is one desperately in Need of that information so that he or she won't be scammed or defrauded by Property charlatants.

My major grouse is with people that contact me to assist them in looking for Land. Naturally am not an Estate Agent, so i dont have a huge catalogue or brochure of Properties to choose from to offer[b], rather the most single important issue about buying a land or Property especially in Lagos is knowing the genuiness of the property. No property is good unless you determine its genuinity which is a very pain staking process to investigate and engage in discoveries that could take a while.[/b] Nobody will like to throway N1Million for nothing without any back up and that what's makes my job so intriguing and difficult.

One of the first things they teach in Law school is for Lawyers not to get close or sentimentally attached to clients so that when ever there is a problem, we can easily disengage and leave the client to seek other remedies. I think i have breached this rule seriously and that is the reason for way certain Nairalanders have decided to treat me. For every Nairalander that calls , Emails or i meet, instantly i treat the person as a friend and better still as a prospective family member and go out of my way to do things only reserved for people that should be deemed too close to me. In the process of searching for a land, i will scout the 4 corners of Lagos looking for a property that is only fit for what i can recommend to my Dad for the client. When investigating the property i will add so much intensity and under go rigourous searches as if i was doing it for my Mother so that she won't be scammed. If at the end of the day, the documents have been deemed ok, and the client says he has a budget of N1Million, without even telling me, i will negotiate so hard on behalf of him to see if the land can go for N500,000 Not minding that it might result in a smaller commission because i assume every client is a family member and deserves the best.

Even after the transaction despite the fact that i owe no obligation to the client after the purchase, i still have a vested interest to make sure the property is safe from Land snatchers and Thieves who want to encroach on the land and will fight to ward off such issues without demanding a dime. That is why virtually after every search and transaction i do on behalf of the client, i keep a working relationship with that community to help secure and protect that land, because it is one thing to have N10Million to buy a land but is another thing to have money to fence it and monitor the land so that Land grabbers and Omoniles wont sell it.

But i have been taught a bitter lesson. My colleagues have reminded me of what we were taught in Law school in respect of every man for himself. The more you help clients like your family member, the more they impoverish you. undecided

It really makes no sense where by someone sits down abroad, orders an Agent or Me to go into the thick forest of Badagry, Lekki or Mowe/ofada to search for lands,investigate for lands, negotiate for lands, agree on a price and all of a sudden the person stops communicating and leaving the person hanging not minding the financial or psychological trauma the Client has put the Agent or me!

Then later on Clients will complain that the Agent is being too wicked or demanding for money or generally aggressive to them because they have been taught series of bitter lessons because they were kind enough to offer to help. Nobody is saying you shouldnt Window shop, Nobody is saying you might not have the money now but you intend to get it in 3 months time so your preparing, at least i would trust you more to understand how to help you rather than punishing the person unduely.

Am not a vindictive man and i wont be happy to hear someone has put his money in a land fraught with problems, but i just heard that the man that i was trying to assist to get a land for months who discarded me for being too professional has finally sunk his millions into that hottly disputed land and already under 3 days he is beginning to see the wahala i warned him about. His money is gone, the land will be gone, Trouble and litigation or blood might flow on that land and i am very happy he is seeing his reward so soon. It would have cost him less than N50,000 to save his over N2Million and am glad he is an example of how not to treat people badly and learn to do due diligence properly and not be in a haste!

I have done more than 1,000 free survey plan searches for Nairalanders in just 3 months without asking for a dime and if i was collecting N20,000 per survey plan i know how i would be smiling to the bank and 85% of those lands i searched for free all had problems either government acquistion or were committed lands and i would not hesitate to advise them not to buy it because of the problem inherent in it. Truthfully how many of them even bothered to say Thank you after i emailed or texted them the results. How many of them came back to even drop a line of well wishing or tried to demand what it costs me to do that search and how i am faring?

Every Nigerian Abhors Corruption with Mouth and they preach against it daily but when they find one that is not corrupt, they treat that one with scorn, laugh at his foolishness, take advantage of him/her and pat themselves on the back for being smart!

Who really is the Corrupt one undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by maskuraid(m): 11:47am On Mar 23, 2010
naija pple don't value sincerity wateva comes free and easy.

i feel ur pain bro,just follow your heart.God rewards every bodi according to their deserved.

just follow ur heart.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by beknown(m): 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Lawyer,

I appreciate you. I know the effort you have been making in this forum alone. I have experienced other lawyers in Nigeria and I hold you in high esteem for your honesty and true professionalism.

You cannot now adopt an unprofessional way of things simply because some people are being foolish. Your capability is better than that.

My suggestion:
1. Publish your reasonable prices for your services (property search, drafting contract, C of O verification and validation, business registration, etc, etc, etc).
2. Price your services to attract good patronage (reasonable price).
3. Aim to deliver 100% on your services and promise to your clients.
4. Demand payment in advance for any of your services.
5. Issue receipts for payments received.
6. Show the service purchased on the payment receipt.
7. Draw a clear contract for every service you provide to protect all parties (you and your customer/client) in the transaction.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by thirdeye(m): 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Lawyer,
Nothing is wrong if you are charging for your services, but I think what is wrong is yourself going thru hell searching for this properties without collecting any advance for the job. U spend money on transport and meeting people, someone that is really serious ought to pay you a token for doing that. But I am angry, why do you strive so hard to be Mr Nice guy? You are giving free professional infos which you write everyday by your experience. Why go the extra mile by paying so much for field work just because you want some people to feel that you are not after money or somethin, there is nobody that doesn't need money to run successfully, give the general ones you can give and ask any client to pay for specific task if need be.
Ordinary advise we gave for the cost of building a duplex someone wrote back that we are greedy bunch, but the ones that have ears will always take heed and learn.
I think on the diaspora issue is bound to happen properties involve spending ur entire life savings, so sometimes people do backout but that won't stop others from been considerate. People in the Diaspora aren't finding life easy any longer so the reason they price so low and and want u to work for them free if possible but most of them can be quite nice and I have met few that are of great help to me.
So I'll advise, do the general stuffs, but bill anybody that needs personal stuffs,
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by jagudabob: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Thirdeye

You hit the nail on the head when you made the following comment about Lawyer especially the ones i highlighted in bold:

I think what is wrong is yourself going thru hell searching for this properties without collecting any advance for the job. U spend money on transport and meeting people, someone that is really serious ought to pay you a token for doing that. But I am angry, why do you strive so hard to be Mr Nice guy? You are giving free professional infos which you write everyday by your experience. Why go the extra mile by paying so much for field work just because you want some people to feel that you are not after money or somethin, there is nobody that doesn't need money to run successfully, give the general ones you can give and ask any client to pay for specific task if need be.

If you have met lawyer this is what i can deduce from him.

1. He is too kind to a fault which is totally Alien to Lawyers i Know

2. He is too Soft in respect of carrying everybody's problem on his head to help out

3. He is always willing to help and dish out information without demanding what is due

4. During a period when i was looking for a Land to buy in Lekki, for 2 straight weeks he kept on going around all these places looking at lands, going to Alausa and advicing me on which one to buy and ones to reject without collecting a dime and at a point i was even afraid that he was a SPY trying to monitor my movement and finances and after the transaction was done, he was the last person to be even paid after the land has been paid for, Surveyor, Agents including omoniles etc. He made sure everyone was thoroughly satisfied before he even asked for his own fees which i even begged him to collect a lesser fee because i had exhausted all my funds and to my suprise, he accepted it without even offering any argument to hold me to my promise which was quite strange because every lawyer i know collects his own money upfront without even giving a hoot about you. There was a time i was thinking Lawyer was either an Ogbanje or an Angel roaming the earth because his kind is rare because i know i was fortunate to engage him.

But today we are friends and am sure he will be angry with me for writing all these about him but the truth is that Lawyer is not a Lawyer's Lawyer that is known to be aggressive and shark like. He is too meek and humble to be a Lawyer and he should be working for all these NGOs that truely devote their time to help people or a Priest. He has no iota of Greed in him that Business men possess that is why he doesnt know how to value himself. He does'nt know how to say No even if it doesnt favour him that is why it looks as if he is trying to be a Nice Guy. Its just the kind of person he is that is why i think people who notice this that need his services take advantage of him.Everybody on Nairaland knows he is the best at what he does in respect of property issues and how he has probably saved thousands of People from being scammed but the question is, if Lawyer is protecting and taking care of everyone, who is taking care of our Lawyer? undecided I think now that you know the kind of person he is, we should be more humane and liberal when dealing with him because he won't talk, he is too quiet for this business world and he will do your job effectively which other people will testify to but we should stop cheating him unless the day he decides to walk away from Nairaland, we would all know what we have missed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
[b]@lawyer

there is a viral lack of consideration on most nlanders who visit the property forum, taking most of the invaluable information they get here for granted. they just assume because its here, that makes it cheap, and that makes everyone who give some of their precious time to help them as useless.
on more than 2 occasions, I have traveled out of Lagos to meet clients at abuja with my own money only to get them telling you about how they just want to compare cost, and give the job to the cheapest contractor. an estimate given to an in-house QS who works for the company and who gets paid monthly becomes another piece of paper they just keep collecting from different contractors without considering the great length of trouble it takes to prepare one estimate. Let alone of my several jaunts to and fro to Lekki, only after explaining all the building process to home owners, to go back again and see some baba ibeji building the structure with the nlander member using your explanation to execute an extremely risky DUY (Do it yourself) approach. No wonder those homes keeps collapsing and they keep blaming engineers they hate to pay.

Unlike laywer, I have faith whats mine will be mine. We just have to keep the faith. I have meet some few sincere and wonderful clients here, and some I am still building for and proud to know and will never disappoint. I just think people are always people. Some are grateful, some are downright just concerned about using you and forgetting your existence after they get an information that will save them a great deal of money and cut costs. For people like this, it wont take long before they run back to laywer begging for his assistance again. Theres a popular saying that says: What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly. Thank God, not everyone thinks like that. And thank God, the people who dont think like that always benefit more.
[/b]
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by AdornHomes(f): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2010
@Egbon Lawyer,

E ma binu o. Sorry. Pele. Ndo.

Your posts have blessed and educated me.

Take the advice of people above and charge for your professional services.

@People in diaspora,

Phone calls, transportation and everything are expensive in Nigeria. Compared to the UK and the US where you can talk forever on the phone without worrying about the bill. Since, you are on the unlimited phone price plan. There is nothing like that in 9ja.

I can understand what lawyer is talking about.

I feel your pain Bro.

Pls we need you on Nairaland.

I pray that, Jehovah God will heal your heart.

Keep doing good and offering a professional service and charge for it.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by LAX89(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
@Lawyer

Just Like I told you before (In November '09)

Re: I Am Going Back To Being A Moderator So You Won't Call Me A Fraudster Anymore!
« #14 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Lawyer

I hope you're doing well my friend, present state of affairs notwithstanding. I have always known that a day will come when your good deeds will be punished. So, here we are, very unfortunate. But this is the comical law of nature, albeit unfair. PEOPLE ONLY VALUE WHAT THEY PAY FOR, OR SUFFERED TO GET. "You do not take what is meant for kings and give to dogs". NL unfortunately, comprises of the good, the bad and the ugly. It also houses a number of scallywags and scumbags. So, pay them no mind my good friend. My advice to you is this; Create a real estate blog, just like Mr. Omion (I'm sure you're aware of him in this forum) where you'll write down briefs of all the opportunities you come across, and if anyone like it and need details, then CHARGE them a fee (for consultancy, retainership etc). When you do this, you'll then attract only serious minded people to your blog rather than dealing with some of these unsavoury elements prowling a well intended, but unfortunately FREE forum like NL. Mr. Seun should also think of charging membership fee for belonging to NL, I believe this will also help weed out some of these undesirables on NL. Just my 2 cents!
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Cantaloop: 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
Lawyer i hope you still remember me in respect of the search you did for me in Igbogbo Ikorodu which i almost poured my life savings into that land until you helped save me from wahala Of Government acquistion and you did it for me without demanding for a cent before you assisted me in getting a land in Okun Mopo Am sure you remember me now grin God will continue to bless and reward you on my behalf and for every person that wishes you evil and tries to cheat you, 10 other people you have helped will still be praying for you to succeed.

Do not give up and continue to help people in need. Most of us abroad to be honest without you knowing, rely on you 100% on matters relating to property and your help, info and kindness is what benefit from especially in a society that is so difficult to gain the slightest of info without paying through your nose. I know how you sacrificed and labored with me jumping from one end to another and what attracted me to you was your patience and kindness and am glad i am one of those that benefitted from your fountain of good will and i can imagine if you have taken this decision earlier i won't be happy today singing your praises and thanking God you assisted me wonderfully. Most of these people abroad calling you to cheat you and send you on errands without thinking of compensating you are the real 419 Nigerians spoiling Nigeria's name over here. They are mostly these jobless small boys and girls who dont have anything better to do and want to reap where they did not sow to punish you. Be more vigilante and scrutinize them more.

Alot of Nigerians work very very hard over here and money is hard to come by and when we decide to invest it in properties In Nigeria, you should know that we would love to safe guard our interests and money and would want someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and safe to deal with and i have no problem endorsing you because you have been tried and trusted by me but be also weary about others too abroad that just want to use you to gather information and turn you to their messenger because they have read about how kind and caring you are in helping people buy good landed properties. Listen to the good counsel of other posters here and keep up the good work. Do not despair, God is your strenght and light and your good name and deeds will not go unnoticed by people who really appreciate you and need your services.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by harakiri(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Lawyer

Abeg,postpone your grievances until i buy my land oooo! I contacted you via email a while back and you told me to get back to you when i am ready.I am "almost" ready.

In between, i don't know if there is a bug in the brains of my fellow Nigerians.When you are open and free minded with them, they think you are a fool and can be outsmarted.They only appreciate you when you put them through several loops,hurdles and obstacles.This goes out to those both in Nigeria and abroad.You'd think that after spending several years abroad, their orientation would change but it doesn't.They are same of the same but please, don't let it get to you.It's your straightforwardness,prestige and honesty that has earned you a huge amount of respect on NL (and other places).Please don't cash that in because of some ignoramuses.

Thanks.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by shaibu123: 1:48am On Mar 30, 2010
lawyer,please i been trying to get intouch with you but to no avail.i've try seding email can't go.please don't mind selfish nigerians 90% of us love what you do. can you please up date with your current email address,as i have issue to discuss with u.Never mind i'll surely pay for your services.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by jerronjj: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2010
keep 2 your good n caring heart, n i tell u God has a bigger n better plan that u can ever earn from any body, call u when am out from all dis trouble.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by flimo(m): 5:57am On Apr 07, 2010
from all I have read about you that's not new to you is that YOU'RE A GOOD MAN. Its quire unfortunate that such thinks happen to people who are genuine. To be honest with you, you have been doing absolutely what is right because you're right in the head, mind and soul, so please keep those irresponsible t**ts at bay and continue with your good work. Have a Great Day. smiley
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by mashaun(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2010
@ Lawyer
it is good to do good for that good you do may be a reference point in the nearest future.It is a pity pple are ingrate.
i will advice you keep up wt ur advice,even other professional in the properties line learn from ur advice as this world is an instituiton.
But incase, in some other cases,the advice involves you going extra mile,pls do request.
This is a consultancy service for God's sake.
More power to you elbow.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 07, 2010
Barrister Matthew, keep on doing the good work, your reward is not from man or woman here, your reward is from God who created heaven and earth, but remember you will pay for internet, office, fuel and other miscellaneous expensive, so whatever you think is good in terms of service charge, go ahead.
Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by mommamia: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2010
painful that must be but i must say let no one kill your concsience, at the end of the day theres nothing like the truth and the word of God says Righteousness is what exalt a nation but sin is a reproach unto man, so keep your great spirit and dont despair.I guess what you can do is make people pay some money for the job they want you to do for them, atleast that will put some value in your effort. People will always search for the truth as no one run from good. God bless you brother

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Stopping The Free Property Search For Nairalanders! Life Lessons Learned by jposuagwu: 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
I spoke with lawyer just once and it was about information I wanted from him. He told me what to do. I have not had the opportunity to do what he told me. But to my surprise, I was discussing with a colleague about nairaland and he told me he is a nairalander. I asked him if he knows lawyer, he laughed and told me he knows lawyer very well that they have met in person. I told me he can vouch for lawyer and one guy in auto section who is called inspired m. Because of his testimony about lawyer i decided to equally trust him because my colleague in question is a man of integrity. He cannot recommend someone he is not sure about. From this picture, and comments of people i read in this thread, I think lawyer should be happy a lot of people trust him and hold him in high esteem. Its not easy to trust people you meet online but his and those of a few is exceptional. Lawyer should not worry about judas he has met in the past. There are still people out there that need his help and God has put him in a position to assist those people. His reward is sure to come in bountiful quantity sooner or later. MAY GOD BLESS LAWYER AND EMBARRASS HIM WITH BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS.

(1) (Reply)

375 Acres Of Land Available For Sale Behind Pentagon Estate Just After RCCG Camp / An uncomplicated 3 Bedroom Flat For Sale at Obada Oko / Duplex For Sale In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.