Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra (21891 Views)

Inspector Heads Robbery Gang, Cheats Member Of N2.8m (photo) / Armed Robber Burnt For Robbing, Killing A Lady In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Harrynight(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
u mean stealing is a crime, and the likes of Diezani Alison-Madueke are roaming the streets of London free?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Missonas(f): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
Law people is this court ruling justified? Come on, yea they were armed but who dem kill to warrant the death penalty?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Hedonistically: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
FrancisDiote:
Armed Robbery goes with a capital punishment. They should have known before using arms

Don't mind them.

If every poor or frustrated human being on Earth resorts to arms in order to possess whatever he or she covets, then humanity would return to the Hobbessian state of nature... One that was nasty, brutish and short. A world of barbarians without law, order or organised society. The caveman era where the "strongest" prevails. Where a stronger (i.e. Better armed) person can just take over your life savings or even take over your wife with impunity.

Scam me out of my money if you can, and if I'm stupid enough, but walking up to me with a gun and intimidating me to surrender my possession is the lowest level of humanity.

Oyinbos are the greatest philosophers. They have thought about these things carefully before deciding that the law must discourage violent crime more than any other form of crime.

1 Like

Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Abagworo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
Obiano has finished Anambra.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by BeijinDossier: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
jobless old man. look at the insecurity situation in your worthless imo state but you are busy jumping on a progressive state as Anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/4166077/3-beheaded-cultists-obitti-imo

[s]
Abagworo:
[/s]

As Snapped and shared by Online User with caption ..

These 3 young vibrant men were beheaded by 1:00 am this morning beside my house pursuant to a bloody cult rivalry in the locality where i serve. Obitti community, Ohaji Egbema LGA, Imo State.

The perpetrators of this iniquitous barbarity made away with their heads.

Viewers Discretion is advised!

Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by BeijinDossier: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
no room for criminality in anambra whether big or small.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Princewell2012(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
MisterLomantic:
[b[b]]Sometimes I simply wonder why I was born in this country called Nigeria
[/b]
Somebody cannoh even steal in peace again

Madam Peace stole

Diezani stole. I'm even wondering if Diezani amount of money that woman cannoh steal

Jonathan stole

Obasanjo stole

Saraki stole

Fashola stole

Tinubu stole and he's still stealing.

Wike stole

Amaechi stole

Orji Uzor Kalu stole

These people are alive and walking free angry[/b]

@The bolded. sometimes i do asked such question too. But we cant question God.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Chrisbeks: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
I knew the judge would be a woman. Female judges no get chills at all
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by giftedben: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Aieboocaar:
Poor Man is sentenced to DEATH
Rich man gets BAIL.

Oh my beautiful Naija cry cry Father Lord this cross is too much to bear!!

So if he eats his food, he wants to eat my own food. For what? Kill them all. We don't need criminals in my own state.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Chrisbeks: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Abagworo:

I guess it is your cultist APC candidate Nwoye that will redeem Anambra right?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by ruffDiamond: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
guy u a missing a very important link here.how do violent crimes and all its attendant vices spring up ??when people placed in a position of trust abuse and responsibility abuse it ,the resultant effect can easily boomerang right back in our faces .,giving rise to disgruntled youths, who feels disenfranchised, used, neglected, abandoned, and their usual response to such governmental,societal injustice is via violent activities. there is a very thin line between endemic scale official sleaze such as we have here and VIOLENT CRIME.we should ask ourselves why Nigeria law is very lax and ineffectual in dealing with many cases of glaring theft of public fund? gun or no gun ,I believe strongly those two are simply a victim of failed society system.hanging those two won't stop anything ,more are warming up and forming gang as we speak and Everybody ,no exception, will bear the brunt of this failed system. I have been robbed at gun point myself (ran into an ongoing robbery operation in a beauty salon in broad daylight,cash and phone taken from me and other victims)look, I just thank God for my life I wasn't shot.so that's that ..the vicious cycle will continue.. let's face it ,naija is a lawless waste land,where everyone is presumably equal before the law however the glaring reality is some are certainly more equal than the others.thank you
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by NezoLee19: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Young03:
And bukola saraki is still free
Well, that fucker stole smartly
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by NezoLee19: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Young03:
Well, that fucker stole smartly
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Parcks(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
Fyzt:
Free Solar Installation Training

Come and enroll for intensive technical training where we equip you with the required knowledge in the installation of inverter systems and solar applications.

If you are interested leave your whatapp number so we can add you to the training session.

09031376196 whatapp
08108732935 add me up
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Jsaviour(f): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
And Obasanjo, Tinubu, Deziani, Saraki etc are still walking around freely.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by kanaekwe(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Please let the guy appeal, it is possible the guy had no Lawyer to stand for him
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by pokipoki: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
Young03:
Do you really know the difference between armed robbery and fraud?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by slimprinze1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
MisterLomantic:
Sometimes I simply wonder why I was born in this country called Nigeria

Somebody cannoh even steal in peace again

Madam Peace stole

Diezani stole. I'm even wondering if Diezani amount of money that woman cannoh steal

Jonathan stole

Obasanjo stole

Saraki stole

Fashola stole

Tinubu stole and he's still stealing.

Wike stole

Amaechi stole

Orji Uzor Kalu stole

These people are alive and walking free angry

Even Buhari nd IGP Ibrahim
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Tobyarab(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
koolcat:
Bet wate oo...for becos of stering small monies and handsit of 15thaosan nara is it y he was sentenced to be hanging
hmmm dey fogotin they are high peoples in govament haus which thif more dan those.
.RIP English
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Uche000(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Yeah. This shows d difference btwn robbery and embezzlement
Onyejemechimere:
Two men who allegedly stole a lady’s handbag, telephone and other personal effects at gunpoint will die by hanging or firing squad, an Anambra State High court has pronounced .

The High Court sitting at Ihiala Local Government Area of the state and presided over by Justice Okey Onunkwo said there was sufficient evidence to convict the duo.

Our correspondent gathered that the suspects, Anene Maduka, Ikenna Obi and Osadebe Ezeh on February 2, 2017 allegedly stole a mobile phone, a handbag and N10,000 cash belonging to one Miss Chinonye Ogujiuba of Eziama Uli.

The Nokia phone was valued at N15,500, while the handbag was estimated at N2,500.

Anene Maduka, charged with the other suspects was, however, discharged and acquitted for lack of evidence.

The identity of Maduka, who was the first defendant in the case, was made an issue in the trial and the court agreed that he was not properly identified even though the victim gave evidence that he was waiting for the others on his commercial motorcycle while the robbery lasted.

In his submission, the defense counsel for the convicts — Calistus Ohanusi and Enright Okilie — had argued that the burden of proof on criminal matters rested on the prosecution who he said did not prove that their clients robbed, or took part in robbing the victim, maintaining that there was no sufficient evidence to convict them.

The Prosecution Counsel, Charity Madukife, submitted that the burden of proof had been discharged by calling eye witnesses; adding that the defence could not fault the evidence adduced.

Delivering the judgment, the presiding judge, Justice Okey Onunkwo, said there was no sufficient evidence against the first defendant (Maduka).

The judge said,”There was eye witness evidence against the convicts, as the victim had raised the alarm after the robbery, leading to the arrest of the culprits at Umudimogo Ihiala, after which they were handed over to the police.”

Justice Onunkwo thereby sentenced them to death by hanging or firing squad.

https://www.lailasblog.com/two-die-hanging-stealing-ladys-n2500-handbag-n15500-phone/
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hian, what about the billions stolen by Jonathan, Buhari, Obasanjo and the rest looters sad
They didn't steal with arm grin grin grin
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by vislabraye(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Aieboocaar:
Rich man gets BAIL.

Poor man is robbing another poor man. Do you know the trauma the victim could have gone through ?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by AngelicBeing: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
AheadMarket:

They didn't steal with arm grin grin grin

Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Funkybabee(f): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
Nonsense

Ori judge ye ope
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by gamaliel9: 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moral of the judgement- it is better to steal with a pen than a gun
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by adebisiseun2(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
if they do anything to those guys,God will destroy them too because how can they kill those that stole mere phone worth N15,500 and N2500 and release the politicians who steal huge amount of money,that leads to hunger,loss of lives and many more.you guys,i dnt support stealing but equality because nobody is above the law
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Only1babadee: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Aieboocaar:
Rich man gets BAIL.

But rich man no commit armed robbery na.
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Organizer111222(m): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
As much as i detest robbery and it's vices In all ramifications.... I want to categorically say that the judge is insane
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by FisifunKododada: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hanging ke? Are you serious? What kind of nonsense is this? So, what will you do to Peter Obi who stole Anambra commonwealth dry?
Re: 2 To Die By Hanging For Robbing Lady Of N2,500 Handbag, N15,500 Phone In Anambra by Hedonistically: 11:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
ruffDiamond:
guy u a missing a very important link here.how do violent crimes and all its attendant vices spring up ??when people placed in a position of trust abuse and responsibility abuse it ,the resultant effect can easily boomerang right back in our faces .,giving rise to disgruntled youths, who feels disenfranchised, used, neglected, abandoned, and their usual response to such governmental,societal injustice is via violent activities. there is a very thin line between endemic scale official sleaze such as we have here and VIOLENT CRIME.we should ask ourselves why Nigeria law is very lax and ineffectual in dealing with many cases of glaring theft of public fund? gun or no gun ,I believe strongly those two are simply a victim of failed society system.hanging those two won't stop anything ,more are warming up and forming gang as we speak and Everybody ,no exception, will bear the brunt of this failed system. I have been robbed at gun point myself (ran into an ongoing robbery operation in a beauty salon in broad daylight,cash and phone taken from me and other victims)look, I just thank God for my life I wasn't shot.so that's that ..the vicious cycle will continue.. let's face it ,naija is a lawless waste land,where everyone is presumably equal before the law however the glaring reality is some are certainly more equal than the others.thank you

Philosophy is not for the feeble minded unfortunately.

If your faculties permit, try to process this:

Mr. A embezzled public funds. Consequently, Mr. B chooses to unleash violence and terror on Mr. and Mrs C and D... By the way, Mr and Mrs C and D are also 'victims' of Mr A's embezzlement!

Yet, C and D strived to find a legitimate way to earn a living and go about their lives as law abiding citizens both withstanding Mr A's supposed embezzlement. Now, tell me how they would rationalise Mr. B's decision to steal, brutalise, rape or even kill them using a weapon, supposedly because of Mr A''s actions? What's the philosophical basis? What's the connection? Put yourself in Mr and Mrs C and D's shoes, and rationalise Mr. B's action from that perspective!

I know this is too complicated for you to understand, but please stick to your inanity, and don't attempt to use grand philosophy to justify nonsense. Philosophy is an elite discipline, reserved exclusively for the high minded. It is not for the intellectually bland, plain, vulgar and dense masses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Haven't Seen My Husband Since SARS Arrested Him In 2017 - Woman Tells Panel / Newborn Baby Found Dead In Refuse Dump In Calabar / Lawyers To Lagos Corper Accused Of Stealing Iphone Release Official Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.