Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Let's Add Value To This Community - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Add Value To This Community (372 Views)

Let's Add Colour To Your Christmas / Let's Add Your Business On Google For Free And A Website For Cheap / Five Ways Digitization Can Add Value To Your Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Add Value To This Community by yeyebrity: 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello to you all!

This write up is quite long, but please dedicate just 2 minutes of your time to read through.

I've had these on my mind for a while and thought to share. Contributions, suggestions and criticisms are highly welcome.

As an ardent Nairaland guest and occasional log in member, I've come to realize that most Nairalanders are all bark and no bite. My words may be a little bit harsh, but it breaks my heart when someone is beheaded and all we do is rant and wait for the next negative story to be shared.

Or when a Nairaland member is bold enough to come on this forum to ask for as meagre a sum as #5,000 and all he gets is backlashes and being labelled a scammer.

The last time I checked, scamming is when you buy a supposed teeth whitener and end up with a yellow teeth. Or when you've been blacklisted by the US embassy, but they don't tell you and keep collecting your visa application fee.

Having brought the above to your attention, I think there are ways we can add more value to this community. So here are my suggestions.

1. Let us start a Nairaland trust fund to be managed by Seun (Nairaland Owner). The idea is such that 1000 persons can contribute #1,000 on a monthly basis. I think #1,000 is a negligible amount and most people with a regular income can afford it. With a Million naira realized every month, up to 50 needy members can be empowered monthly through draws, competitions, e.t.c.

2. We can do more than just rant whenever every negative news is shared. Let's create a Facebook group and take some actions. We can set aside days for burning candles with the sole intent of casting spells on people who are making Nigeria and Africa as a whole unbearable.

Don't get it twisted! Spell casting in this context ain't demonic. It's just saying words like "It is my desire for all ritualists, rapists, corrupt politicians, e.t.c. to change for the better or......."

Imagine having one million people up at the same time of night, burning candles for at least a minute and saying the above words. And we won't stop at that, we would make our activities go viral so the world can know we are in for serious business.

The group will be such that meetings would be held occassionally to discuss social issues/problems. During elections, we would use our platform to screen and endorse the best candidate. We can also press for the resignation of corrupt and non performing governors, ministers, e.t.c. We can even call for a referendum on pressing national issues.

The whole idea is to use this community to create a social change. I think with the numbers of members on this forum, there's so much that can be done. Or what do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Work With Us Program. Earn Big Monthly & Become A Wealthy Real Estate Owner!! / How To Create A New Facebook Page With 5000 Real Likes In 1 Minute / See Top 20 Richest Men In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.