Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Should I Pray To Saints? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pray To Saints? (412 Views)

Expose Evil. Another Message To Saints In Babylon. / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pray To Saints? by lovingJehovah: 1:59am On Nov 10, 2017
The Bible’s answer

No. The Bible shows that we should pray only to God, in Jesus’ name. Jesus told his disciples: “This is how you are to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.” (Matthew 6:9, New American Bible) Never did he instruct his disciples to pray to saints, angels, or anyone other than God.

Jesus also told his followers: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6, NAB) Only Jesus is authorized by God to intercede on our behalf.—Hebrews 7:25.

What if I pray to God and also pray to saints?

As part of the Ten Commandments, God said: “I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God.” (Exodus 20:5, NAB) In what way is God “jealous”? The footnote in the New American Bible says that he is “demanding exclusive allegiance.” God demands that acts of allegiance or worship—including prayer—be directed exclusively to him.—Isaiah 48:11.

We offend God if we pray to anyone else, even to saints or holy angels. When the apostle John tried to worship an angel, the angel stopped him by saying: “Don’t! I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brothers who bear witness to Jesus. Worship God.”—Revelation 19:10, NAB.
Re: Should I Pray To Saints? by pointblank247(m): 2:49am On Nov 10, 2017
no
Re: Should I Pray To Saints? by rhemitee: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
Can u pls shed more light on these?

The Bible says. God is a jealous God right?

The Bible says: God performed Miracle through Jesus right?

Jesus taught his followers " the Lords prayer" right?

So my ques?

Why wouldn't u pray and ask God directly?

Or don't u think he might be jealous each time u mention the name of He whom he sent....
Re: Should I Pray To Saints? by lovingJehovah: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
I am enthralled by these questions but I will move to your main question in italic below
Or don't u think he might be jealous each time u mention the name of He whom he sent?

For a fact the Bible says that Jehovah is jealous. Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion..." You can see that he requires EXCLUSIVE devotion. And also, Isaiah 42:8 "I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images".
The above clearly established that Jehovah does not play games with his sovereignty. Now, who should we pray to?

The Bible asks us to pray to Jehovah directly and not to Jesus. Philippians 4:6 "by prayer..., let your petitions be made known to God..." Jesus himself showed us how to pray in Matthew 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven..." You need to keep in mind who all these prayers are addressed to. In Matthew 6:6 "pray to your Father who is in secret. Then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you".
Ephesians 5:20 always giving thanks to our God and Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:17 Whatever it is that you do in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him
Hebrews 4:16 Let us, then, approach the throne of undeserved kindness with freeness of speech

What, then, is Jesus role in our prayers?
Jesus is the propitiatory sacrifice used to redeem us. He is considered as the sacrificial lamb used to cleanse our sinfulness. On that basis, we are considered worthy to approach the subliminal throne of Jehovah in prayer and supplication. 1 Timothy 2:5 calls him a mediator. Therefore, our prayers are made to God in Jesus name.
John 16:23 "...if you ask the Father for anything, he will give it to you in my name".
John 14:13 "Whatever you ask[b] in my name..."[/b]
John 14:6 6 Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

How did the early Christians pray?
Colossians 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, might, and authority for all past eternity and now and into all eternity. Amen.

As Jehovah is a God who demands exclusive devotion, Jesus has instructed us to carry on prayers constantly to him with freeness of speech but in Jesus name. Every one of our prayers should be sealed in Jesus name.
Pray to Jehovah from your heart and he will reward you.
The yelling and screaming and shouting and all the showy displays of one's spirituality before men are futility. Pray in private to Jehovah, pour out your mind and concerns to him and he will always give ears to the honest-hearted ones.
rhemitee:

So my ques?

Or don't u think he might be jealous each time u mention the name of He whom he sent....
Re: Should I Pray To Saints? by mauriceju2(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2017
1.How many images of marry /saint do we have in the world? = millions/ billions.
2. According to them the spirit of these saints and marry is in all these millions of images,
3. According to the bible only God is omnipresent(ability to be in all places at the same time)
4.if God alone is the only one that can be in all places at the same time
5. who those spirits in those million/billions of images
6. Answer = demons who are dragging worship with God.
7.Any time you bow in front of any object / image =
8. you are bowing to demon
Re: Should I Pray To Saints? by MikaelsonRx(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
rhemitee:

So my ques?

No need to be jealous cos he bestowed upon that name power and authority.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 17/11/2017) Service And Friendship / The Fall Of Man And The Perfect Salvation Of God / Is It Right To Cover A Bottle Of Beer With The Blood Of Jesus Before Drinking It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.