Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (22651 Views)

Shell Recruitment 2022, Careers & Job Vacancies / Shell Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form/portal Is Open Apply Now / Shell Recruitment Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Bibi294(f): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
I got this text that he was my mate in katsina state orientation camp.
And I fell for it.
My God, I just stupidly sent N50, 0000 to these scammers yesterday. It sounded so real that I can't but just to make the payment almost immediately.
All my savings is gone.
Why is this happening to me now.

God have mercy.
The person that claim to be my mate number is 0816 789 3361
And his in-law Dr Paul Lawson number is 08140514297.

I'm having sleepless night right now.

Please beware of these scammers.

I'm just learning from my own mistakes.
Igot the message almost everytime... How come youfell for such scam?
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Trustme2(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
My God, I just stupidly sent N50, 0000 to these scammers yesterday. It sounded so real that I can't but just to make the payment almost immediately.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

You can trace the recipient of the cash through the bank and arrest. It's easy. Am sure members here who are bankers can notify the fraud unit of the bank to arrest the owner of the account. It's easy. They'll just place transaction on the account on suspension until the owner shows up. That's all

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2017
OP, go to the bank and report this, they will use his BVN to track his identity. When you get his name search for him on face book or instragramm. Befriend him with a fake Facebook account, once he gives you his address, go there with police to get him arrested.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by AuroraB(f): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2017
Maser:

You weren't greedy. There's nothing wrong with wanting something good (shell) for yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with being ambitious in life. The only thing wrong here was that you were a bit naive. Shell, a Shell staff or that of any serious organisation will not need your money to help out with employment. It's disgusting to see little kids here attributing everything to greed. Keep keeping your ambitions high and trust God to make it happen. It's only human to so do!
You are wise. See as every other comment is kicking someone that's already down. And they think they are smart, I laugh embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2017
Seriously if I have a job/vacancy, I won't employ you. Whoever falls for this kind of scam can ruin a conglomerate.

This cheap scam has been existing since 2008. How you fell for it is beyond me. I hate scammers but for those who fall for cheap scams, I hate them more.

Gosh!!
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by kally90(f): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:

What pained me the most was just that I lost all my savings.

God you see my hearts ooooo. I'm only trying to get something done on time.
I can feel what you are going through. it very painful but time heals.When there is life,there is hope. You will make billions of what you just lost,thank God that you have learnt your lessons.It is well.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by HiredGames(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:

You tried to bribe your way to a job, got scammed and here shouting GOD!!!

Jokers everywhere cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by stonecoldcafe: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

This is such a cheap scam now. How did you fall for it?
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:

by paying bribe Abi. yet you call God. in acts of dishonesty. something is definitely wrong with ur brain. no wonder you were scammed
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Nikkysworld2020: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2017
I got similar texts msgs, I load card and stylishly asking for info and I asked d guy in ur family u didn't see anybody that is deemed fit for the job? I advised him to start from home cos they say #CharityBeginsAtHome# he hung phone on me!

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Letoma(m): 8:06am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

feel your pain, sorry for your loss, pls be more careful next time.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by BluntBoy(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

The person that scammed you must be someone that knows you. Dr Paul Lawson must be a fictitious name.

I hope you have learnt your lessons. You need to ask questions and be very sure before giving money away. So many times, fake friends claiming that we lived together during NYSC have sent messages soliciting money but I grilled them till they stopped. Ask questions. Yorubas have a saying that he who asks questions will never miss his way.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by krasican(m): 8:08am On Nov 10, 2017
I doubt this story........just examine dis OP profile

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by SmartyPants(m): 8:08am On Nov 10, 2017
AuroraB:
You are wise. See as every other comment is kicking someone that's already down. And they think they are smart, I laugh embarassed

The OP herself has already admitted that it was greed so why are you forming superhero?

Ok keep laughing but the jokes on you undecided
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by 2shure: 8:08am On Nov 10, 2017
o bobs
everywhr dey hot o.
men gat2 horzul
d way boiz wan take hammer this xmas ehn
no b here o.
i lost 850k 3days ago.
i jus ga2 hustle hard.
nepa and spectranet caused it.
by d time i logged in.
my maye don google search
see say na scam.
the thing pain me

spectranet e no go better for una
wen maye dey ask me whr to send am
una network dey show red..no signal for 4 good hours.
i vex sleep
only to wake up.
men im pissed
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Bluffly: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

You lost your savings because you are insincere and greedy. How can someone just call you for business or job and you sent your money. That means if you happen to get same opportunity truly, you will end up cutting corners
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by ekems2017(f): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Everyone would blame you. You would also bIame your self but i won't blame you. It's a mistake and you have learnt your lessons. Its just a pity that it's all your life savings but don't kill yourself. Rise up wipe your tears and start again. Even though it's a 30k job start with it till you get your dream job

So sorry about your loss.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by maeola(f): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2017
jayloms:

POP Magazine do not carry contact number of Corp members .
Same here...unless it has been changed. It was omitted in the copy I have. And I was in batch A 2015.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
I had same experience, he was very smart to name where we met but i could not remember meeting anyone to discuss about job during my service, secondly the name he called, i never have that in my contact. where i got him was when he said i should pay 15k for Bonny community to approve my letter of acceptance and DPR certificate, i asked him does DPR give certificate to individual, he said yes that i should be fast about it and stop asking irrelevant question, is help i want to help you. Immediately i told him you a criminal he just end the call.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by kendraloops(f): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
psalmsjob:
I hope you're not trying to scam us here on NL with this your scam-victim storygrin

Contact EFCC, you have his phone number and that of his in-law, his bank details and bvn so that's enough info to track him with.

We Nairalanders are smarter than to fall for such cheap scam, you should be warning those on LIBgrin

same thing I feel too. her easy admission of greed and readily accepting insults from NL is quite unlike the typical Nigerian. whatever the purpose of this thread, I wish you luck dear OP.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2017
AuroraB:

You dey mind them? To them they are too smart...shit happens
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by AuroraB(f): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

The OP herself has already admitted that it was greed so why are you forming superhero?

Ok keep laughing but the jokes on you undecided
You and your likes goaded her into agreeing it was greed.
The joke is on you, not me.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Mac2016(m): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

Am surprised at the way people curse what has happened instead of proferring a way forward. Pls my dear, what account number did you send the money to? With that you can incite a case with EFCC

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by AuroraB(f): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2017
raphafire:

You dey mind them? To them they are too smart...shit happens
She needs comfort and all they did was judge her. Smart indeed shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Egein(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:

You are now calling God's name. When you wanted to "bribe" your way through getting a job, you didn't know that bribery was sinful against God abi? Please, bear your loss and learn from your mistake.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by mhizsuzzy(f): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

take heart sweetie is one of those things that shapes u into a stronger woman......Experience will always make u better
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by EazyMoh(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:

But you should know Shell isn't a cheap small organization that 50k can get you in, they employ strictly on merit. Or someone at the very top, that even N50mil won't move.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2017
Greed really lowers the iq
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by arrestdarrester: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
And I fell for it.
All my savings is gone.

God have mercy.

An old scam. People who like to lead a conversation fall for it so easily. Learn to follow in a conversation when you don't know the person and keep your index of suspicion high...

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by mhizsuzzy(f): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Gourdoinc:
by paying bribe Abi. yet you call God. in acts of dishonesty. something is definitely wrong with ur brain. no wonder you were scammed

Continue forming over righteous as if u have Neva given bribe in any way even the small small one u dey give police men
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by madridguy(m): 8:28am On Nov 10, 2017
Useless and silly comments everywhere. People are calling it cheap scam and also blaming the OP for reason I don't know. No one is above mistake and it's so sadden that the OP learn her mistake in a very bad way.

@ OP, God Almighty will comfort you and compensate you with a very good job.
Re: I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. by ACE1010: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2017
How can you be that daft and gullible in the modern day. 50k just like that??. Na Wa for you ooooooo. Anyway sorry sha!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Things To Do When You Can’t Get A Job / 10 Reasons You Were Not Called After The Interview / 2013 African Steel Mills Mass Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.