Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I (926 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / The Booby Traps Before Buhari – Olisa Agbakoba. / Aguiyi-ironsi Killed True Federalism In Nigeria, Says Ishola Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I by july123(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
As it searches for credibility at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the presidency has shortlisted four candidates to replace Maurice Iwu as chairman, Saharareporters has learned. Of great interest, consideration is reportedly being given to candidates with strong civil society credentials, and three of the four shortlisted candidates were members of the Uwais Committee, which is responsible for the recommendations by which the National Assembly is considering electoral reform. They include Olisa Agbakoba, a former president of the Nigeria Bar Association, Dr. Attahiru Jega, a former president of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Dr. Jibrin Ibrahim, and Major General Ishola Williams, a former army general who is president of Transparency Nigeria.

Our sources indicated the list could be extended as Nigerians in the Diaspora have nominated Professor Bolaji Aluko, a professor of engineering at Howard University in Washington DC., for the position.

One source told Saharareporters that regardless of Maurice Iwu’s antics to stay relevant, his dirty chapter in Nigeria’s history will come to a final close shortly.

http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5588-attahiru-jega-ishola-williams-jibo-ibrahim-olisa-agbakoba-listed-to-replace-iwu-at-inec.html
Re: Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I by oderemo(m): 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2010
if this is to be the case i will be xtremely happy.about time, too.
Re: Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I by sojjy: 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2010
This is a welcome development.Maurice Iwu should go and pave way for a man of integrity to conduct the 2011 general election.He's a disgrace to Professorship.Prof. Wuruwuru.lol
Re: Attahiru Jega, Ishola Williams, Jibo Ibrahim, Olisa Agbakoba Listed To Replace I by Abeem(m): 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2010
Major General Ishola Williams' candidature sounds credible and I am in full support of him. He was one of the few courageous officers who held out against the infamous and dreaded Abacha before he was shown the way out of the Army. With Colonel Dangiwa Umar not shortlisted for INEC Chairmanship, he is a sure bet to get the nod for EFCC chairmanship. There is hope for Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Rate Aganga's Speech At The Senate (Quite Refreshing) / Breaking News: Ribadu May Head Inec, Charges Dropped! / Please Help Six (6) Months Black Out In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.