Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Why Do We Thank Our Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Thank Our Parents? (692 Views)

Ab Isong: Our Parents' Beds Lasted Longer Because They Were Missionaries / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / "We Thank God For The Return Of Our Son", Aisha Buhari Tweets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
I know it's odd to ask...but its keep bothering me...

Today, went to buy something in a shop, saw some kids with their school uniforms eating, i was there till they were done eating, then they greeted the woman(whom i guess was their mom) "thank you, mummy"...and it struck me immediately..why do we greet our parents when they provides for us

Come to think of it ...they brought us to the world which implies that they need to cater for us on daily bases....thanking them is like we asked them to do so...

Please dont mind my monicker cool and share your answers...

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by cana882(m): 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
Its gratitude bro. You have to be grateful to everyone that has influenced you positively in life, be it your parents or strangers. If you are not grateful, then you are a great fool.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
cana882:
Its gratitude bro. You have to be grateful to everyone that has influenced you positively in life, be it your parents or strangers. If you are not grateful, then you are a great fool .
But isnt it their duty to do so

@bolded...easy bro we aint fighting

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by cana882(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
But isnt it their duty to do so

@bolded...easy bro we aint fighting
Was a quote from bishop oyedepo and no insult intended.
Yea its their duty but as humans we tend to do more when appreciated. if you should fund your younger brother's school fees and he's disobedient to you, you loose interest in helping your brother cause he doesn't appreciate your doings even if to an extent, its your duty.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
cana882:

Was a quote from bishop oyedepo and no insult intended.
Yea its their duty but as humans we tend to do more when appreciated. if you should fund your younger brother's school fees and he's disobedient to you, you loose interest in helping your brother cause he doesn't appreciate your doings even if to an extent, its your duty.
Hmmmm....will it be also applicable for one who dosent thank his dad..
Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by cana882(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
Hmmmm....will it be also applicable for one who dosent thank his dad..
yea.. The fact that he didn't abandon the child and trained him/her shows he has good intentions so its moral to thank him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
cana882:
yea.. The fact that he didn't abandon the child and trained him/her shows he has good intentions so its moral to thank him.
Ok.
Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Diamond23(f): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
[color=#770077][/color]Because z always right nd just to give or say thanks
Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Diamond23:
[color=#770077][/color]Because z always right nd just to give or say thanks
but they brought us to the world, they shud know that providing for us shudnt be ask...
Re: Why Do We Thank Our Parents? by Diamond23(f): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
but they brought us to the world, they shud know that providing for us shudnt be ask...
Exactly y it z right nd just cux without dem u wont even exist

(1) (Reply)

All Asaba Residence / Please Help / 5 Ways Nigerian Parents Kill Reading Habit In Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.