Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Speaking And Praying In Tongues - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Speaking And Praying In Tongues (1100 Views)

Public Speaking And Presentation School In Abuja / How To Speak With Confidence & Master Public Speaking In Few Weeks / How to Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking And Performing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speaking And Praying In Tongues by destiny333(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
Speaking in tongues during church service and prayers is becoming too rampant. I don't want to believe that's the dialect or language of Heaven.
It sounds so horrible and offensive to the ear.
I couldn't sleep yester-night cos my neighbor was praying in tongue for more than 6 hours.

If this situation repeats itself, I might be tempted to take the devil's advice, ..... ... or else, somebody should advise me now !!!..
Re: Speaking And Praying In Tongues by EazyJ(f): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
I quite agree that it has become almost the normal way of praying in church. However, if you speak in tongues, you speak in an unknown language which is only understood by God. In church, it is much profitable if it is being interpreted.
You saying it sounds horrible and offensive is wrong.
Jude 1:20 encourages it.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Wising Us Merry Christmas With A Demonic Backup / Theory Or Truth (1) / Iphone 5s For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.