Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. (1015 Views)

Is Nairaland A Blessing Or A Curse. ? A Problem Or A Progress / Which Of This Set Of People Do Nigerians Curse The Most?share Your Thoughts... / Girls Are Rude More Than Guys On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by iukpe: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2010
This is true amongst Nigerians, and its the air of unfriendliness that hangs around us. You can feel the hostility in most cases as you get around the town doing your business.
Try stopping your car on the road and attempt a careful 3 point turn you will get what I am talkin about.
Try leaving the line at the bank to the rest room and see what happens when you come back to the line.
Asking the trader at the market why you should pay more for something you bought just last week.
Pretend your car has broken down in the middle of traffic and you are trying to get the engine running again , in less than 1min you will hear your story being told by passers by.

commot that pure water for road.
You no go find driver?

you de craze, thunder fire you, Ashawo! etc are common everyday.

Can this trend be controlled or stopped?
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by dominique(f): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
how many other nationalities have you observed for you to conclude that this behaviour is ascribed to only Nigerians?
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by iukpe: 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
dominique, I can say several nationalities, at least in central and west Africa, and outside Africa too.
One thing you will notice outside Nigeria is that people are a lot more patient at least when they are out in public. In most cases people will make you feel comfortable, not embarrassed if you make an obvious mistake, instead of treat you as a fool they would be amused by your mistake and correct you or tell you its ok, it happens or just be silent and let you sort yourself out.
This is not what I see back home in Nigeria. People would most likely make you feel odd and mock you when you make a mistake. I dont want to mention surprising comments I heard sometime when a friend lost N50,000.00 in a bank after withdrawal and was trying to finish someother business in the bank.
I am not saying all Nigerians are rude but its very very common that you would get rude talk for instance if you knocked down a womans basin of oranges in the market by mistake. You possibly will get her yelling and cursing first.
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by Dominoifet(m): 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
@poster

It is what bad leadership has passed down to us. It wasn't like that in d 70's like my father told me. When u have hostile leaders, crafty, uncaring wicked evil, then followers would b hostile at no provocation, cos things hardly works in such rulership environment
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by iice(f): 4:52am On Mar 23, 2010
@Topic True grin grin
It can be controlled. . .starting from within our small communities i.e. family, school, neighbourhood.
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by Pweety4me(f): 4:57am On Mar 23, 2010
@OP Africans do that a lot in genEral not just "Nigerians" we get sharp mouth naw . . .hehe but we sometimes need 2 learn how 2 control it so that it doesn't get us into trouble or out of handsmiley
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by hakanai(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
@poster
NICE POINTS!About Nigerians i don't know for us.No be only us get bad leaders,no be only us poor,no be only us get different people and issues.but na only us dey hate ourselves pass others.the treat nigeria suffers is from within and from within the heart of a typical Nigerian.for me outside the leaders,the religious leaders,teachers and parents have failed this generation.you are siting examples on the road?go to nursery and primary school and see how that has trickled into the life and blood of anything Nigerian.hate thy neigbour with all thy heart,encourage nepotism undecided.may God bring relief and change for the people inflicted with the cancer of thoughts parent share with the children,religious leaders spread and teachers express. cry
Re: Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. by iice(f): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2010
^^Claps. . .

(1) (Reply)

Na Wa Ooo! / Wakanow.com / Pls Read The 11 Ways To Protect Your Atm Card Number From Hackers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.