Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much (1269 Views)

Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos) / 'The Thing Just Gbawaa' Little Girl Cries Out / Newborn Baby Girl With Cute Eyebrow (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by haryor14: 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
Weldone house, my baby girl of about 2 years now cries every night even in a day over anything e.g when eating cos she wakes up to eat every night. This thing has been going on from the date of her birth. I lost her mother 5 months ago and I and my aged mother have been taking care her but we barely sleep at midnight every blessed day. Pls what can I do stop this crying every day and night?
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by dingbang(m): 12:05am On Nov 11, 2017
Re-marry

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by madridguy(m): 12:40am On Nov 11, 2017
Sorry about your wife. Please take your baby to the hospital for medical advice.

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Kenzico(m): 12:44am On Nov 11, 2017
cry

Chai! This is a serious issue o!

Try n go to hospital and seek medical advice

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by BasketballGURU(m): 2:26am On Nov 11, 2017
SORRY ABOUT YOUR WIFE. PLEASE GO SEE A GOOD DOCTOR

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by babythug(f): 2:36am On Nov 11, 2017
Sorry to hear about your wife's passing!

Could you run through our daughter'S daily routine? Particularly her feeding! What do you give her to eat In the middle of the night? Though by her Age she typically would have stopped being fed in the middle of the night.

Does she seem to need/want anything when she's crying? A toy, tv, her daddy?

Try and describe the midnight scenario here as well so we can find possible solutions

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Afonjashapmouth: 2:54am On Nov 11, 2017
Who go discover say na naija e land wey no go cry The baby dey cry for Wetin her eye go see
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Richy4(m): 4:57am On Nov 11, 2017
Please take her to the hospital...let them conduct some test on her.. in your on part, ventilation is necessary in every home.. check if the room is stuffy and air doesn't come in that much... The bed, check for bugs too( u never can tell).. There must be something that she enjoyed eating..if u haven't started observing that, please start paying attention so u can give her more of it..

I wish kids came with manual just like gadgets.. all the trial and error could be tiring some times..

Sorry about your loss bro... She will be fine

4 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by MsFaith: 5:18am On Nov 11, 2017
It's probably because she misses her mother

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by mostyg(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2017
Please do all the above as advised, medical check up, ventilation etc.
Take a little step further. Say or get someone to say the Muslim call to prayer (adhan)directly into any of her ears and watch the reactions if any.

And if I may ask, what actually happened to the mother ( how did she die).
Modified.
I read your post about your wife getting lean day by day before she gave up the ghost and a lady in your workplace caring too much about you just three weeks after your wife's demise.
And now your daughter crying all night not sleeping.
Something is fishing.
Not meant to scare you. Do you have nightmares?

1 Like

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Spylord48: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Crying isn't much an issue. My little cousin own is the even the worst. She is just two months old but she doesn't even allow anybody apart from her mum to carry her.Worst still is if she is crying and her mum don't carry her on time,she will vex and refused to drink breast until she will plead and beg her.
The thing just tire everybody eh and she started this even before she clock 1month old!
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by ImaIma1(f): 8:26am On Nov 12, 2017
Spylord48:
Crying isn't much an issue. My little cousin own is the even the worst. She is just two months old but she doesn't even allow anybody apart from her mum to carry her.Worst still is if she is crying and her mum don't carry her on time,she will vex and refused to drink breast until she will plead and beg her.
The thing just tire everybody eh and she started this even before she clock 1month old!

Two months old acting that way? Such bad habits should be broken early instead of encouraged. Na hunger go catch am o. A two month old cannot and should not dictate for the mum.

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by ImaIma1(f): 8:27am On Nov 12, 2017
Op your best option is to see a Paediatrician.
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Spylord48: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2017
ImaIma1:

Two months old acting that way? Such bad habits should be broken early instead of encouraged. Na hunger go catch am o. A two month old cannot and should not dictate for the mum.

we have done everything o. The most painful aspect of it is that instead of you carrying her,if her mum is cooking or doing chores,she will prefer to lie down in the kitchen and be discussing with her.
she won't even allow you to carry her before crying and immediately her mum carry her back, she will start smiling and laughing at the person that wanted to carry her.
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 12, 2017
ImaIma1:

She's is a 2 month BABY
ahn ahn!!!

All she has know is her mum

2 Likes

Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by ImaIma1(f): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2017
Spylord48:

we have done everything o. The most painful aspect of it is that instead of you carrying her,if her mum is cooking or doing chores,she will prefer to lie down in the kitchen and be discussing with her.
she won't even allow you to carry her before crying and immediately her mum carry her back, she will start smiling and laughing at the person that wanted to carry her.
Do you mean two years old or two months old. I can't imagine a 2month old acting that mature...laughing at the person that wanted to carry her. Do two months old even laugh yet? I know they smile. My baby is almost 1month old...i am just trying to understand a 2month old doing all that
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by ImaIma1(f): 10:28am On Nov 12, 2017
lovelygurl:

She's is a 2 month BABY
ahn ahn!!!

All she has know is her mum

Lol...i have learnt from my neighbours baby that babies are not that oblivious of what they do. Imagine her at 3months using a wrapper to cover her finger to suck it. How did she know to do that?
And many habits are formed from now. As she has started from now to get angry, if it is not curbed on time, she will most likely grow up throwing tantrums.
My neighbour goes through a lot cos her baby hangs to her like a Siamese twin and it was because she over carried her and refused to drop her to be on her own sometimes.
My mum inlaw told me not to always let my baby look into my eyes when breastfeeding...that she will get too attached to me. So i try to look away cheesy. I drop her when i have fed her so that she could be ok lying and falling asleep on her own. She is close to a month old.
I think babies follow patterns you create for them.
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by Spylord48: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2017
ImaIma1:

Do you mean two years old or two months old. I can't imagine a 2month old acting that mature...laughing at the person that wanted to carry her. Do two months old even laugh yet? I know they smile. My baby is almost 1month old...i am just trying to understand a 2month old doing all that
2months oo.. she started rejecting people from carrying her when she was less than 1month and she haven't even started seeing well.
how she was able to recognize or know hee mum is,what we don't even understand even
Re: My 1 Year Plus Old Baby Girl Cries Too Much by ImaIma1(f): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Spylord48:

2months oo.. she started rejecting people from carrying her when she was less than 1month and she haven't even started seeing well.
how she was able to recognize or know hee mum is,what we don't even understand even

I wondered the same thing. But i think it is from smell. They probably smell the mother especially the milk.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Doctor God Is Using To Bless Homes With Pregnancies And Babies / 55 Inch Hisense Smart T.V For Sale Used Like New. / 37 Years Male Interested In A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.