Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC (19294 Views)

Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics / Placard Of Protesting Sacked Kaduna Teachers: "Exam Not True Test Of Knowledge" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by romoruyi(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Almaheed: 9:00am On Nov 11, 2017
the truth is do we have to jeopardize the future if the young ones just because we want to satisfy this incompetent work force. I am not a fan of el rufai but what he is up to is a laudable feat.

education is not a joke we should not play politics with it, I saw the test results and I was aghast at what the future hold, we both know the north as a problem with education this is one of the ways to fix it.

we need this kind of reform across all mdas in the federation. the civil service is too incompetent

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by HiredGames(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:
God when are going to get it right as a nation.

Sacking 30,000 workers is sacking the full state workers.

I hope your kids get tutored by incompetent teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Jobabori(m): 9:04am On Nov 11, 2017
This happened when you prefer to employ SSC holders instead of trained NCE holders because the later is cheap to hire. Fire all unqualified teachers and employ the qualified ones.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by PrinceGumber: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2017
One of the best post i had ecer read
Also check [tiger zinda h movie download ][/https://www.TigerZindaH.com]
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by goldtube(m): 9:06am On Nov 11, 2017
hmmm.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by GoldHorse(m): 9:12am On Nov 11, 2017
Sentiments everywhere!
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by indoorscholar(m): 9:13am On Nov 11, 2017
A primary 4 competency exam was given to adults and majority failed woefully and the NLC president is talking nonsense.

It's only in Nigeria that the satisfaction of the incompetent is of more pressing concern than the future of the children.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by SOFTENGR: 9:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Ghost exam candidates grin

El rufai I hail o!

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by SOFTENGR: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2017
indoorscholar:
A primary 4 competency exam was given to adults and majority failed woefully and the NLC president is talking nonsense.

It's only in Nigeria that the satisfaction of the incompetent is of more pressing concern than the future of the children.
So you believe that exam crap grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by linearity: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:
God when are going to get it right as a nation.

Sacking 30,000 workers is sacking the full state workers.

If they can't pass test at a 5th grader level, they shouldn't be teaching in the first place.

No wonder the standard of Education is in the toilet in Nigeria. I had been blaming these students that, they are not serious hence their continual poor showings, until I saw the transcript of their teachers.

There is a universal truth in the saying that, you can't give or impact what you don't have.

Having said that, instead of sacking these teachers, they should be sent for mandatory retraining at each teacher's expense and should be made to rewrite and pass the same test before re absorbing them. Give each 6 months for the retraining and cut of salaries after 6 months,they can't get it done within that timeframe.

2 Likes

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by jonnytad(m): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2017
Bolustical:
NLC should go and sit down.

Was the exam conducted today? Are they saying some of the teachers who passed wouldn't have retired or died within that period of time?

And even if Kaduna state govt presented names of the dead, why is the NLC not talking about the woeful results that are awash the media

Maybe you should think about this frm another view. .... why is Weac, neco, even admission grade generally low in d north?
El Rufai's replacement, are they not products of the same system? Why can't He deal with the problem frm d grass root?
He wanna behave like Saraki in kwara, but did saraki send the teachers to the street?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by jonnytad(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2017
indoorscholar:

Oga u're talkn as if you don't know our government. ...... na today education reach dat level for kaduna?
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by agbademo(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2017
Useless unions instead of them to fight for how those guys will be paid off.
Animals.

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by gare2510(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2017
I think these teachers should be subjected to this test again on live TV invite 200 that failed and randomly select 10 to re-write the test. Get NUT/NTI/NLC to moderate. But if I may ask how did the get employed, who employed them. I attended a government school in kaduna at some point after coming from a private school, some of the teachers are really bad

2 Likes

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Reference(m): 9:38am On Nov 11, 2017
And so what. Is it a crime for the State to downsize or right size by pruning. Is the civil service a work for life program or what? The state should eject the chaff faster than a combined harvester and let the NLC protest to the governemnt or sponsor bills to make Nigeria a welfare state. They are the biggest drain pipes running down this country with their galactic corruption and hopeless inefficiency. Nigeria needs to be run like a corporate entity for at least 50 years to reverse the decay of decades of inglorious bureaucracy.

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:39am On Nov 11, 2017
Even though I do not Like Fulani People cause of their primitive attitude and for the fact that they are not ready to embrace mordernitity, I strongly believe that El-Rufai is the only Fulani man who wants to make a difference.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by rafsonnggmail(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2017
El-rufai might be wrong in some aspects but on dis he got it right
De genesis of northern problem is from the grassroots and de only way out to correct dis menace is from the primary level. So many acclaimed teachers dnt have business in teaching line majority of dem got de job as a compensation from dea political God father.
How on earth wld a secondary school dropped out wld be allowed to be teaching
Wat knowledge wld he/she impact into the pupils.
Dnt jst sit to condemn elrufai do ur feasibility study on dem u Wil know majority of we dat stay n school in the north know all dis tins

2 Likes

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 11, 2017
wickyyolo:
Labour harbour corruption. 90℅ of primary school teachers are not qualified to teach

Nigeria must accept them. The government don't have the right to reject products of their education system. angry grin

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by rafsonnggmail(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2017
jonnytad:

Oga u're talkn as if you don't know our government. ...... na today education reach dat level for kaduna?
E Don Tay wen education reached dis presents states
But we Must get it some day
I stand wit El_rufai on dis
It took a man with lion heart to take such a bold step
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
kkkp:
Na God go help this country. Tomorrow u will say the government is not doing the ryt tin

The government employed them.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by starz100: 9:48am On Nov 11, 2017
It is simple. Anybody can be made to fail an exam once the bar is raised. Those of you saying good development by the government, remember that even in your field, your knowledge is to an extent and if you should be tested beyond what you know, you can guess the result.
For example, that you are a first class graduate of mathematics does not mean that you can not be 'made' to perform poorly in that same mathematics. All I have to do is test you on more difficult areas that are beyond your level. Even the professor of mathematics may not beat a sound secondary school mathematics teacher if they were both tested based on secondary school mathematics, at the same time the later stands no chance with the Prof once the stakes are raised above secondary level
. Examiners have a way of pre-determining pass and failure levels. For instance if WAEC wants only less than 10% of the candidates to pass its exams is very simple. Just set very difficult questions and employ stringent marking schemes.
If the Kaduna state government wants to be fair and transparent it could have employed the use of an independent body to conduct the so - called competency tests. Just my opinion anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Reference(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2017
indoorscholar:

Ask me. I don't understand the bull the NLC is offloading. Is the government responsible for the development of an individual's competencies in seeking to work. Can it force a horse at the stream to drink. Will the NLC president permit his children to be taught by those dunder heads knowing what he knows of their flagrant lack of knowledge and skills. Does he know the linkages between education and future prosperity in an ever competitive globally integrated world. Does he know Nigeria is falling of a cliff of illiteracy. Can't he see that the lower the educational standards the bigger the budget required for the military and internal security....and on and on...

All he cares about is salaries and survival not sacrifices and standards. This vicious cycle will destroy us all sooner than later.

2 Likes

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by pawesome(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2017
NLC need nt worry....is it nt el-rufai again....
NLC demselves re corrupt..is obvious that those teachers re nt qualified in aniway..if common spelling is difficult fr a teacher,den hw does he or she teaches....Lets frget all dose massive hunger dt sacking wil cause...if we dnt fix d system nw,we wil regret lata...
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by pawesome(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2017
starz100:
It is simple. Anybody can be made to fail an exam once the bar is raised. Those of you saying good development by the government, remember that even in your field, your knowledge is to an extent and if you should be tested beyond what you know, you can guess the result.
For example, that you are a first class graduate of mathematics does not mean that you can not be 'made' to perform poorly in that same mathematics. All I have to do is test you on more difficult areas that are beyond your level. Even the professor of mathematics may not beat a sound secondary school mathematics teacher if they were both tested based on secondary school mathematics, at the same time the later stands no chance with the Prof once the stakes are raised above secondary level
. Examiners have a way of pre-determining pass and failure levels. For instance if WAEC wants only less than 10% of the candidates to pass its exams is very simple. Just set very difficult questions and employ stringent marking schemes.
If the Kaduna state government wants to be fair and transparent it could have employed the use of an independent body to conduct the so - called competency tests. Just my opinion anyway.
they wil stil fail....bros,do u tk ur tym to read tru dose scripts...SSCE awaiting result fr only God knws how long is a teacher..common..and dia re graduates out dia lookin fr work..biko,lemme ask u,did u attend a public primary sch or ur siblings?

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Justdare: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2017
This matter simple oooo. El Rufai should organise a repeat test with these stupid labour reps as invigilators and involve also other neccesary bodies, only this time the test should be computer based.

I swear, the number of teachers to sack will run over 30000.

Bunch of ne'er do wells.
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by BlueRayDick: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2017
Eeezz like that wabba guy wish to be unfortunate ability?
So you mean the teachers needs NTI, Teachers council and other bodies to set a primary 4 exam before they can pass it? Smh..... Out of selfishness they are jeopardizing the future of millions of people because of the fear of doing the right thing.

Shey if they are not fit to be teachers, dem no supposed go farm? Must they be teachers? They were tested, they failed let them just get out of the system. We have so many many fresh graduates who still have sometjing upstairs, let the government recruit those ones.

I've you've been privileged to engage a student in ss3 in the north, you will discover most of them have not been impacted with 1/10 of the knowledge to need to be in that class, yet this unfortunate NLC is saying the teachers responsible for that should still be retained in the system

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by BlueRayDick: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2017
starz100:
Your assertions are wrong. It seems you don't get it, a teacher who teaches the primary section of the school is examined on a primary 4 topic and ended up scoring less than 40%!!! Ah! This is quite different from testing a professor on ssce level (even though what wrote about this is just mere fallacy and would definitely not happen except it's not in the professor's field)

These people should not only be sacked sef, they should check the schools they attended and publish their names sef. Ahn ahn. They are just incompetent and nothing more.

We know there are ways of making someone fail an exam, but u don't need to be Albert Einstein to pass a primary 4 exam. Funniest thing, none of them has denied failing woefully, they just don't want to lose their job(which they are not competent to handle) for failing

1 Like

Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by BlueRayDick: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2017
SOFTENGR:

So you believe that exam crap grin grin

None of the teachers have come out to deny failing the test. So what are you saying?
Re: Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC by Luisema4luv(m): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2017
If nlc can come out nd say dis gilberish den i weep for our future cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike / Waliyu Olajide Ganiyu Original WAEC Result Lost But Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.