Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? (809 Views)

This Is Why Nigeria Police Is Called OLOPA / Shina Peller: 'Atiku Is Corrupt, Buhari Is 100% Better Than Atiku' / Aisha Yesufu Lists Why Buhari Is Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2017
I want to ask an honest question

Does Buharri and the federal government know that the police are committing corrupt practices like these

1. Extorting money from every motorist?
2. Torturing suspects for accusations of fighting or threat of another person?
3. Illegally arresting and detaining innocent Nigerians?
4. Supporting herdsmen to terrorise locals in their farms and arresting people who resist?
5. Conducting a stop and search operation in the centre of the city and slowing down traffic for hours and at the end, finding nothing incriminating from anybody for months?
6. Refusing to release suspects for flimsy offences except you pay a hefty fine in thousands of naira?

Is the federal government deceiving us with their fake fight of corruption while corruption is in their life blood?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by Squirrel01: 8:09am On Nov 11, 2017
The question should be, is the police force aware that the feds are corrupt?
then the second question you should ask is, is the feds aware that her citizens are dying of hunger, starvation and barely surviving on 1$ per day?

6 Likes

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2017
Squirrel01:
The question should be, is the police force aware that the feds are corrupt?
then the second question you should ask is, is the feds aware that her citizens are dying of hunger, starvation and barely surviving on 1$ per day?

Which means that the feds are allowing police to extort the people so they will chop in freedom. ?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by hisgrace090: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2017
Birds of same feather allow every member to operate freely.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by Squirrel01: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Which means that the feds are allowing police to extort the people so they will chop in freedom. ?

You already know the answer.
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by jakD: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2017
The Federal Government itself under the reign of Mr Buhari is ultra corrupt, every force in Nigeria is corrupt too, Police is extremely corrupt, even the power holding companies are corrupt for the fact of intentionally putting their own very country people in darkness unconditionally, imagine here in Akoko, Ondo state, after years of total power outage, after settling the acclaimed debt of over #50million,a week later after they gave light that couldn't even be up to 10 hours, the power holding company were out again to start demanding another pay of bill... almost every agency in Nigeria is corrupt, in a nut shell, virtually every Nigerian citizen is corrupt, if your conscience is free of guilt, you wouldn't need to bribe anybody, imagine MTN Ng that was given the contract of Npower device delivery, those in Akure, they were demanding #1,500 before they could hand over individual's device to them. So, I can categorically same 90% of the Nigerian citizen is corrupt.
Only God can just cleanse the nation from corruption by giving us a God fearing, sincere and true leader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2017
Has the ministry of interior, or any member of the federal government ever spoken out against the glaring cases of police corruption?
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2017
jakD:
The Federal Government itself under the reign of Mr Buhari is ultra corrupt, every force in Nigeria is corrupt too, Police is extremely corrupt, even the power holding companies are corrupt for the fact of intentionally putting their own very country people in darkness unconditionally, almost every agency in Nigeria is corrupt, in a nut shell, virtually every Nigerian citizen is corrupt, if your conscience is free of guilt, you wouldn't need to bribe anybody, imagine MTN Ng that was given the contract of Npower device delivery, those in Akure, they were demanding #1,500 before they could hand over individual's device to them. So, I can categorically same 90% of the Nigerian citizen is corrupt.
Only God can just cleanse the nation from corruption by giving us a God fearing, sincere and true leader.

You are taking us back, this topic is exclusively on police corruption and not for any other organisation. Stick to the topic please.
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by okosodo: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2017
Who told you that buhari is interested in fighting corruption in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by jakD: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2017
BankeSmalls:

You are taking us back, this topic is exclusively on police corruption and not for any other organisation. Stick to the topic please.
Sir, I ain't taking you back... even when the IGP has been publicly accused of fraudulent act in which the federal government isn't saying a word about it, isn't that proof enough to know that all of them are aware of themselves being corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2017
jakD:

Sir, I ain't taking you back... even when the IGP has been publicly accused of fraudulent act in which the federal government isn't saying a word about it, isn't that proof enough to know that all of them are aware of themselves being corrupt?

Okay, I am just terribly annoyed that bribery and extortion are going on on every road and every police station and the federal government is not even talking about it.

1 Like

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by FarahAideed: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Nigerian police is the only police force that has outsourced over 70 percent of its men and weapons for private body guard duties

1 Like

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by rozay12345: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2017
Is the Federal Government aware that the Federal Government is corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by obonujoker(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2017
Iped yoot... only Baba is free from corruption.... Vote him again to eradicate corruption to zero level in 2019.....
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by jakD: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Okay, I am just terribly annoyed that bribery and extortion are going on on every road and every police station and the federal government is not even talking about it.
I'm very angered most about it, to even worsen the matter, army aren't excluded in the nonsense act. Most times, I wished I was an high ranking officer of the army to deal with those soldiers involved.
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by Activeman391(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
Why won't they be are they not part and parcel of the corruption?
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by Ctrlsolutn: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Does Buharri and the federal government know that the police are committing corrupt practices like these

4. Supporting herdsmen to terrorise locals in their farms and arresting people who resist?
5. Conducting a stop and search operation in the centre of the city and slowing down traffic for hours and at the end, finding nothing incriminating from anybody for months?
6. Refusing to release suspects for flimsy offences except you pay a hefty fine in thousands of naira?

Is the federal government deceiving us with their fake fight of corruption while corruption is in their life blood?

Poster, I specifically pray for you for this truthful and helpful post this day " May almighty God grant your very heart desires before this year 2017 runs out in Jesus' name. Amen. A nation builder!

3 Likes

Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by BankeSmalls(f): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
What is the best thing we can do to stop police corruption?
Re: Is The Federal Government Aware That The Nigerian Police Is Corrupt? by davidif: 2:37am On Mar 14, 2018
BankeSmalls:

They probably know but they.are just not accountable to anyone so they don't really care much.

My conclusion is that the presidential system of governance has failed naija. We might be better off with a parliamentary system that way leaders are actually accountable to people and are forced to be on their toes lest they get kicked out due to a vote of no confidence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Chidoka Sends Strong Message To IPOB, MASSOB / Tinubu Again? / Breaking: IPOB Launches Hausa Radio Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.