Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas (36414 Views)

Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' Complains Of $35,000 Billing From Fans (Video)) / Portable Complains Of Cold In London (Photos, Video) / Moyo Lawal Pierces Her Mouth, Complains Of Swelling (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 11, 2017
It is the same thing everywhere (Europe, North America, Asia etc) the price of snacks and drinks in Cinemas is always 3 or 4 times the regular price... it is NOT a Nigerian thing... that is how the Cinema businesses are run worldwide (even in India with their Cheap cinema tickets).

dabossman:

While I get your point, a lot of things are overpriced in Nigeria; especially basic things that we attach some pseudo class to in this country. When you compare prices here with those abroad sometimes, you just wonder.

However, the business owners are not entirely to blame. The cost of running their establishment makes it that way. Power supply is one key factor. Nigeria is a difficult place to live in and do business.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Einl(m): 11:40am On Nov 11, 2017
sukkot:
lmao 15 pounds at least. thats like 7500 naira. these ones are complaining about 300 naira. yeye dey smell

Remember parking. You're gonna have to pay for parking.
You won't even get parking in Central London.

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by sukkot: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2017
Einl:

Remember parking. You're gonna have to pay for parking.
You won't even get parking in Central London.
yeah thats if you drive there. like who drives in london ? just get the bus 12 from peckham ( assuming you live in pecks ) lmao grin grin

or the tube. or taxi or uber
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by WORDSENSEI: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

People like you are the problem of this country

Paying excesssively for something that doesn’t worth it is madness.

So because am at Eko Hotels, a bottle of water that we all know is N50 should be sold for N500; same content same quality. Come on grow up bro. There are other things you can do with your hard earned money, not contributing it to the capitalist wealth.

An 100% increment should be the maximum limit, max of N100 for same bottle sold for N50.

A big bottle of Eva Water costs 1000naira at Intercontinental hotel.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2017
You are obviously a mor0n... I doubt you even have an international passport ... grin grin grin we know your type... if you have been to USA you would know that snacks and drinks in Cinemas are like 3 or 4 times regular price... local chicken forming like he as even been to Benin Republic...

You just displayed your low IQ... the issue is Cinema price vs regular store price but you can't comprehend what is being discussed and you are talking of Burger in USA (that I seriously doubt you have been to self) versus Nigerian Burger price... guess what? Pizza and Burger are relatively cheaper here in Nigeria than USA!

Pray for good leaders? grin grin grin grin - you are obviously a mor0n, you don't pray for good leaders, you elect good leaders and ask for accountability from them or you move for things like recall or impeachment...

local chicken... wey no get international passport...

Abeg carry your poverty away from me... paying N300 coca cola in a Cinema is your problem in life... that you're calling for good leaders to do what? reduce the price of coca cola in Cinema grin grin grin grin

When was the last time you went to Cinema self? grin grin grin grin grin grin poverty na bastard o!

Oloshi Oloriburuku!

alan056:

I laugh at your stupidity. How dare you attack me? This same 1,200 you're shouting about. How much was it few years ago, when dollar was 160naira to 1dollar? My argument here is for us(nigerians) to pray for good leaders

Ode Omo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Einl(m): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2017
sukkot:
yeah thats if you drive there. like who drives in london ? just get the bus 12 from peckham ( assuming you live in pecks ) lmao grin grin

or the tube. or taxi or uber

Naaah fam. I live in Dalston, Hackney. 242 or 243 and I'm in Central London.

Bruv, I never ride London taxis unless an emergency. Damn. They're so expensive. Lol
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by hahn(m): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Mama Iyabo wey dey sell for 150 no get packaging.

Do you want Eko Hotels to sell a bottle of water for 50 naira?

For you to be in such places, it means you've got extra money to spend.

Well, this 'problem' is NOT exclusive to this country.

Do you get to live in Los Angeles or metropolitan New York at the same amount to get to live in one subregion in Texas?
This life is not fair bro

I just tire o

The last time I and my wife went for buffet at Seraton we paid N1,000 for a bottle of water and N1,000 for each glass of chapman

3 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by expozey(f): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2017
kamatofeelz:
hmmmm....i go tell okiemute nd Do good...
Oh I miss Abroad
Lol. Good one. Funny drama
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by sukkot: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2017
Einl:

Naaah fam. I live in Dalston, Hackney. 242 or 243 and I'm in Central London.

Bruv, I never ride London taxis unless an emergency. Damn. They're so expensive. Lol
dalston kingsland lmao. thats good area to get naija food bruv. you cant even miss naija if you live in dalston. yeah forget london taxis. its all about the tube and night bus mate. i miss london but i cant live there anymore. too congested
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by alan056: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2017
JoeyBlack:
You are obviously a mor0n... I doubt you even have an international passport ... grin grin grin we know your type... if you have been to USA you would know that snacks and drinks in Cinemas are like 3 or 4 times regular price... local chicken forming like he as even been to Benin Republic...

You just displayed your low IQ... the issue is Cinema price vs regular store price but you can't comprehend what is being discussed and you are talking of Burger in USA (that I seriously doubt you have been to self) versus Nigerian Burger price... guess what? Pizza and Burger are relatively cheaper here in Nigeria than USA!

Pray for good leaders? grin grin grin grin - you are obviously a mor0n, you don't pray for good leaders, you elect good leaders and ask for accountability from them or you move for things like recall or impeachment...

Abeg carry your poverty away from me... paying N300 coca cola in a Cinema is your problem in life... that you re calling for good leaders to do what? reduce the price of coca cola in Cinema grin grin grin grin

When was the last time you went to Cinema self? grin grin grin grin grin grin poverty na bastard o!

Oloshi Oloriburuku!

You're obviously an illiterate, I know people like you. See the fool saying there's no God but Allah,abeg wetin be God wetin be Allah. Low life Ode

And for you saying I've never been outside the country, I laugh

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by millomaniac: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

So because am at Eko Hotels, a bottle of water that we all know is N50 should be sold for N500; same content same quality. Come on grow up bro. There are other things you can do with your hard earned money, not contributing it to the capitalist wealth.

An 100% increment should be the maximum limit, max of N100 for same bottle sold for N50.

I disagree. I dont think anybody has the right to dictate to anybody the price for their goods or services unless it is goverment owned directly or indirectly. You can as well put a price on their tickets. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy. If you feel its ridiculous keep your money. When there is low demand it automatically drives down price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Originalsly: 11:55am On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

Anywhere in the world..... the more exclusive a place is the more you'll pay. The same applies to rent....rent to live...and rent for a business...costs are passet on the end users...that's the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
carry your poverty and Go... mumu... aṣiwere omo

as for the Islamic nonsense on my profile, I made a comment on Islam for Muslims section and it put the nonsense on my profile. Luckily for me, that phrase has an expiring date of 1 week before Nairaland removes the crap from my profile... but you... kai, your poverty go still remain after 1 week... grin grin grin grin

local chicken... grin grin grin grin I seriously doubt you have even been to Benin Republic... I would say it again... it doesn't reflect in the intent behind your comments.

poverty na bastard o! grin grin grin grin

Oloshi omo! grin grin grin N300 coca cola na your problem!

Abeg no infect me with your poverty...

alan056:

You're obviously an illiterate, I know people like you. See the fool saying there's no God but Allah,abeg wetin be God wetin be Allah. Low life Ode

And for you saying I've never been outside the country, I laugh

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by eminex(m): 12:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
Sunnycliff:
But no one mandates you to buy the coke from the cinema sellers

In Silverbird Cinema @ Ikeja it is mandatory. Except you want to pay the #2500 without collecting the popcorn & softdrink. I was surprised when the cashier told me that with or without popcorn & softdrink to go in is #2500 for any movie.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
hahn:

I just tire o

The last time I and my wife went for buffet at Seraton we paid N1,000 for a bottle of water and N1,000 for each glass of chapman

grin

That kind money, you go dey pay am, dey vex inside
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by alan056: 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
JoeyBlack:
carry your poverty and Go... mumu... aṣiwere omo

as for the Islamic nonsense on my profile, I made a comment on Islam for Muslims section and it put the nonsense on my profile. Luckily for me, that phrase has an expiring date of 1 week before Nairaland removes the crap from my profile... but you... kai, your poverty go still remain after 1 week... grin grin grin grin

local chicken... grin grin grin grin I seriously doubt you have even been to Benin Republic... I would say it again... it doesn't reflect in the intent behind your comments.

poverty na bastard o! grin grin grin grin

Oloshi omo! grin grin grin N300 coca cola na your problem!

Abeg no infect me with your poverty...

You're funny guy and you talk too much. It is people like you that are the problem of Nigeria, we condone rubbish in this country. I don't see a right thinking person who would be fine buying a 150 Naira coke 300.for Kate Henshaw to bring up the issue, you think she hasn't been to more countries that anybody has/will in your family? Guy, calm down and let's say the truth

If you meet me I promise you, you'll prostrate with your poverty chest touching the ground...

Safe

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by millomaniac: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
eminex:

In Silverbird Cinema @ Ikeja it is mandatory. Except you want to pay the #2500 without collecting the popcorn & softdrink. I was surprised when the cashier told me that with or without popcorn & softdrink to go in is #2500 for any movie.

I doubt that, although i have not been to the cinemas for some time, i think it depends on the ticket. Perhaps that ticket is 2500 accompanied with drinks. Some times they do promo normal ticket price accompanied with drinks, sometimes it has to do with the kind of movies some tickets are more expensive than others. But nobody will force you to pay higher for drinks.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
The Cinema business makes most of their money on inflating the price of snacks and drinks by 3 or 4 times the regular price.. it is a worldwide thing and NOT a Nigerian thing... Mr Local Chicken... that is where the bulk of their profits come from and that is how they stay in Business and expand... If you think I am lying please check it on Bing or Google.

PS: Go away... haba no infect me with your poverty na.... leave me alone!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

alan056:

You're funny guy and you talk too much. It is people like you that are the problem of Nigeria, we condone rubbish in this country. I don't see a right thinking person who would be fine buying a 150 Naira coke 300.for Kate Henshaw to bring up the issue, you think she hasn't been to more countries that anybody has/will in your family? Guy, calm down and let's say the truth

If you meet me I promise you, you'll prostrate with your poverty chest touching the ground...

Safe

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by adecz: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
When I go Sheraton Hotel's
Swimming pool bar at Abuja,

I tell myself,
"Adecz, no look for trouble";

So I asked for the smallest bottled
water (as dem no dey sell pure water).

Dem bring am, open am,
give me bill....N900.00 !!! shocked shocked

The water almost comot my jaw.
Water sef come fill my eyes... cry cry

But I took it like a man,
gave the waiter N1000 note
& told her to keep the change...

The poor also cry.

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
alan056:

Safe

This is business, it's not concerned with what right thinking people want...it's about staying afloat and making profit.

Have you ever run a business in Nigeria?
Pay rent? Electricity? The drink didn't disappear and appear in their cinema, it was transported there at a cost. Someone is selling the drink to you, he/she would be payed salary. That drink wasn't chilled by sango...profit is also factored into the price, and you think N300 is much? Smh!

Of course she has been in other countries.
Same Nigerians that'll queue in other countries airport.
The moment they touch down in Nigeria, you see them fighting and pushing each other. You begin to wonder if it's same people you saw few hrs ago. Being in other countries doesn't come into play here.

This is basic economics.

6 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Gerrard59(m): 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

You've no right to tell a business how much to charge for its products or services. Do you know their cost of operations? Taxes? Salaries to be paid? Levies? And yet have to make profits?

If you don't like how much a product is being sold, come with yours or watch the movie at home!

Kate is quite foolish.

JoeyBlack:

Abeg carry your poverty away from me... paying N300 coca cola in a Cinema is your problem in life... that you're calling for good leaders to do what? reduce the price of coca cola in Cinema grin grin grin grin

Oloshi Oloriburuku!

cheesy cheesy grin grin.

queenfav:
Thank you. How can i be buying coke of N150 for N300?Pure daylight robbery IMO.

Simple, don't go there. Watch the movie at home! Do you know what's to run generator 24/7? Pay exorbitant taxes? Pay employees appropriately? Procure rights to air movies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Whatsappmathema(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Plasmbob1:

So the a.c is what makes the price N300 I instead of N100?
yes bro if you have an a.c. try run it for 15 hours bro then you know howfar
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by cybriz82(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
adaksbullet:
While are telled us? undecided I'm I the person that his sent u too go and wash cenema? undecided undecided undecided

Broke ppls his think his haved idea undecided undecided undecided

We that used too buyed coke for 5k, are we do complaint too u Kate ensure? undecided

see how u dey vomit stray bulletz anyhow,
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by queenfav(f): 12:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by hahn(m): 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
YoungRichRuler:

grin

That kind money, you go dey pay am, dey vex inside

Speak for yourself. The buffet cost N8,000 per person and we also bought cake at Baker's world, chips and turkey to celebrate her birthday. Minus shayo

*In Chris Brown's voice*

I work too hard to be balling on a budget cool

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by dastudent(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:
But sincerely all these hotels,clubs and fast food joints should take it easy on the way they skyrocket prices of items jare..

I once bought bottled water in one hotel that normally is sold outside for #80 for #600 naira. .haba...see supernormal profit.

Kate ny dey form na correct babe.
Scarcity, not allowing outside drinks and the emergency mentality of going into the hall makes people feel they have no choice in the matter even though they still have a choice on whether to buy or not to buy. At the end, it's 300 naira take it or leave it.They ain't forcing anyone. They have every right to sell at the price they choose.It's up to you to choose whether you want to continue with their service or boycott.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by doyinbaby(f): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
yinchar:

go and ask about the tax eko hostel pays land use,company tax,lassra,environmental dues,how many staff they have (and of course staff wages,pensioners,health insurance,),premium for eko hostel insurance against all sorts including fire..,how much it costs to run power generator with diesel..............then you can see that they are justified to sell 150 naira coke for 500naira..............compare all these cost to the cost a small kiosk incure

1 Like

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by eminex(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
millomaniac:

I doubt that, although i have not been to the cinemas for some time, i think it depends on the ticket. Perhaps that ticket is 2500 accompanied with drinks. Some times they do promo normal ticket price accompanied with drinks, sometimes it has to do with the kind of movies some tickets are more expensive than others. But nobody will force you to pay higher for drinks.

Go & verify it yourself @ silverbird cinema ikeja. This was last week saturday. They have the new fee typed & posted in the ticketing hall. They stated that the management has reviewed the price & its now #2500 for movie & popcorn/drinks inclusive. I told the cashier that I want no popcorn & drink and he said I would still pay the #2500. I had to pay the #5000 for me & my partner & collect the popcorn/drinks even though I had something else with me..
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by RaeMystix: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's the same problem in other countries all over the world. Cinema drinks and snacks are quite expensive.My Bestfriend and I are going to see a movie next weekend, and we plan on sneaking some snacks and drinks in.
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by pocohantas(f): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
queenfav:

...but you run a hair business too and I believe you factor in your expenses. I am sure one or two customers would have told you they know a market in Lagos where they can buy it cheaper lipsrsealed

Has that made you start selling at an 'unfavourable' price?

2 Likes

Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Pvibe007: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Mama Iyabo wey dey sell for 150 no get packaging.

Do you want Eko Hotels to sell a bottle of water for 50 naira?

For you to be in such places, it means you've got extra money to spend.

Well, this 'problem' is NOT exclusive to this country.

Do you get to live in Los Angeles or metropolitan New York at the same amount to get to live in one subregion in Texas?
This life is not fair bro

Bro you got it all wrong. You don't use the cost of accommodation in Highbrow or low cost area to fix a price of a consumable commodity. If you reside in the US or even Europe the price of consumable commodity such as Water or Cola in Cinemax or Funspots shouldn't be too diffrent from price you get outside! In Germany you can get a Cola for €1.50 and in your normal retail shops in the neigborhoood you get same Cola for €1!
Happy Weekend!
Re: Kate Henshaw Complains Of How Expensive Drinks Are Sold At Cinemas by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's like complaining why drinks are sold 300 percent in club houses. This is the only way the entertainment industry can make money. It's a cash fast business. It's even good at cinemas, you can come with your drinks. It's not a must you buy from the cinemas. If you no get money, stay your house na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mayorkun's Throwback Photo Shared By Toyin Adewale, His Mum / Jim Iyke Is Nollywood's Best Dressed Man- Omotola (photos) / Efe, Marvis & Soma With Bisola & Her Family (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.