Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Open Letter To Taraba State University VC From A Student Over School Fees Increa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Taraba State University VC From A Student Over School Fees Increa (641 Views)

Sanusi Mamman, Yar’Adua University VC To Girlfriend: You Won't Graduate If... / House Of Representatives To Arrest Father Edeh, Madonna University VC / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Taraba State University VC From A Student Over School Fees Increa by Smartixy(m): 10:19am On Nov 11, 2017
Taraba State University has been known as one of the cheapest school in Nigeria but Recently the Taraba State University has Increased it school with to over 50% and the student are not happy with it, below is an open letter to the Vice Chancellor of the University by a student.

Open Letter To Vice Chancellor Taraba State University: Students Decry Hike In School Fees

“Dear Sir;
I would like to begin by quoting an old African proverb which says; when rain fall is accompanied by thunder, the ground does not only get wet, devastating and traces are left behind that could affect generations yet unborn.
Like most students, I have always admired you. From the very first day I saw and heard you speak, I have since then even until now reserved for you good judgements.
I consider it sad, absurd and utterly inadequate the reasons you gave as regard the outrageous and unfair increment in the school fees.
Just to let you know sir, I am writing this letter based on what is known, obvious and crystal clear from reliable and confirmed source, such as members of students union and their likes.
I am not against an increment in school fees, as long as it is proper, rational and realistic.
The heat of whatever the management is facing should not and cannot be taken out on innocent students. That is why it is called a state university dutifully under a state ministry of education. I believe strongly that anything whatsoever pertaining to the running and management of the university should be taken out on the ministry, not on the students who can barely afford a credible accommodation, one of human basic needs, in an academic year.
With this unjust increment in school fees, you’ll only add to the number of dropouts some of whom are trying to fight their way back into the university. Education is for the masses and the unfair decision you spearheaded and suddenly make known to us this week.
Therefore, I beseech you sir to restructure, replan, restrategize and reorganize whatever it is you can lay hands on to ensure a fair and just academic year.
Please maintain our greatness and don’t take taraba state university away from us.
Thank you.

Source: http://etaraba.com/open-letter-to-taraba-state-university-vc-from-a-student-over-school-fees/

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Regularisation For Nysc Registration / Fully-funded 2018 Commonwealth Scholarships (masters & Phd) In UK For Developing / Need To Study Abroad With A Scholarship/work And Study Program. Contact Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.