Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

What The Bible Says About Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Tithing (1505 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
liveforGod:

How do you mean no one can keep it? I really do not know where you are getting your facts from...Do you know that it is some people's work even to the present day to keep it. My friend, some people are still keeping the laws of moses.

NO FLESH CAN SUCCESSFULLY AND PERFECTLY OBEY GOD'S LAW. DON'T BE DECEIVED!

ANYBODY THAT TELLS YOU THAT HE HAS BEEN KEEPING IT IS ONLY LYING...IF CAN KEEP IT, THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR GRACE.

IF THERE IS NO NEED FOR GRACE, THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR THE DEATH OF THE SON OF GOD.

WE WILL BE LIVING IN FOOLS PARADISE, IF WE THINK THAT WE CAN KEEP AND OBEY PERFECTLY THE HOLY LAWS OF GOD.
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by liveforGod: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

NO FLESH CAN SUCCESSFULLY AND PERFECTLY OBEY GOD'S LAW. DON'T BE DECEIVED!

ANYBODY THAT TELLS YOU THAT HE HAS BEEN KEEPING IT IS ONLY LYING...IF CAN KEEP IT, THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR GRACE.

IF THERE IS NO NEED FOR GRACE, THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR THE DEATH OF THE SON OF GOD.

WE WILL BE LIVING IN FOOLS PARADISE, IF WE THINK THAT WE CAN KEEP AND OBEY PERFECTLY THE HOLY LAWS OF GOD.

You still do not get it.

Read this passage from the bible.

17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’[a]”

20 “Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

Some people are trained from their young age to follow the laws of Moses.
As gentile to the faith, it is just impossible to follow and obey the laws to the latter without faulting, hence the GRACE.
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by betterABIAstate: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
liveforGod:

Yes you are right. We are not under the law but Grace. Thats why laws dictating; do not eat swine, this food or that does not apply to us christains.

We serve the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob. Abraham , father of faith (whose God i serve), paid tithe and he was blessed greatly thats why i pay my tithe.
no sir, by grace you don't have to pay tithe. Its not compulsory
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by betterABIAstate: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
liveforGod:

How do you mean no one can keep it? I really do not know where you are getting your facts from...Do you know that it is some people's work even to the present day to keep it. My friend, some people are still keeping the laws of moses.
no one can keep it bro, not under this dispensation, you can only live by grace, the law doesn't make any perfection, it was stated in the Bible
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
CHRIST JESUS DID NOT DECLARE HIM RIGHTEOUS...
THE LAW CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED...IT ALWAYS DEMAND FOR MORE..
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by plainbibletruth: 9:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
That a thing is "Biblical" (if by that is meant it is in the Bible) DOES NOT NECESSARILY mean it is for the Christian.

That very many Christians don't seem to understand this shows how starved God's sheep have been.

The book of Hebrews is so CLEAR that the New Covenant Jesus Christ brought is DIFFERENT and SUPERIOR to every other system INCLUDING that which came through Moses - Judaism.

So, when Christians keep going back to the "old" to justify their emotional attachments to "works" for salvation or rewards it is simply very unfortunate.

When Christians CLOSE their eyes to how the early church conducted its affairs; including examples and instructions on giving and are running back to the old - whether pre-law or under the Law - it shows a generation with itching ears seeking only what will EXCITE them.

When Martin Luther objected to what the church was doing during his day (the 500th year of which we're celebrating this year 2017) and POINTED to the New Testament to show how the Church had deviated from the Word, many opposed him. How dare he "attack" the 'Men of God' who were working by 'Apostolic' authority.

That same scenario is here with us today!

Many will attack Christians who are using A SUPERIOR AUTHORITY - the Bible - to question man's positions on matters of doctrine. They have placed man at par with the Word of God, if not even on a higher level.

What brought about the first conference (COUNCIL) of the Church?

It this same issue of whether the "old" was required of the Christian or not.

And what the Holy Spirit's answer?

The Christian is excluded from the "old".

Therefore when today's Christian refuses to stand in the liberty into which Christ has set him free he only entangles himself with a yoke of bondage. A bondage that his "deliverance sessions" can never set him free from.

Any one who chooses to run his Christian life by EVEN one aspect of the "old" is under obligation and required to keep the whole of the "old". (GALATIANS 5:3). Infact such a one has been severed from Christ, who seeks to be in right standing with God through the "old" (and anything in it like TITHING), and has fallen from grace (GALATIANS 5:4).
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by Ekugbeh(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
betterABIAstate:
The origin of tithing from Abraham is not a normative one, Abraham didn't pay tithe from his income, he paid from the proceed of the war he went for to rescue lot. The tithing Abraham gave was once and it wasn't a law and compulsory act, if we should tithe like Abraham then it shouldn't be compulsorily every month and not from our income, it should be a once in a while thing without specific time frame and it should be from the proceed of a war.

Tithing of income became in law in Deuteronomy, that's the origin of "tithing of yearly income" and this tithe of income must be giving to a levite, Malachi 2 emphasized the curses placed on anybody who defiles this agreement with the levite.

Jesus never encouraged paying of tithe, he classified it as an unimportant thing in Mathew 23:23 and even start with "woe" unto them who pay it without doing the most important things.

After the death of Jesus, certain things that were comprised in the law of Moses were dropped; things like burnt offering, leaving of long beards and hair and tithing, no record of anybody doing this after the death of Jesus.

No one except levites should collect tithe, read Malachi 2 vs 1-19

My issue with modern day tithing is that, it is contrary to what was prescribed by the Bible, tithing in the bible was not monthly, even at at, tithing was dropped in the early church after the death of Jesus
ok. Keep ur truth to ursef. Or did we tithers complain to u?
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by Diamondville(f): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I didn't say it has been abolished but Jesus knows we can't keep it hence he came to die to bring forth grace

No one can keep the laws of moses, not even your G.O
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by Diamondville(f): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I didn't say it has been abolished but Jesus knows we can't keep it hence he came to die to bring forth grace

No one can keep the laws of moses, not even your G.O
i'm a baptist and we don't have G.Os.. the era of grace is for those who are dead to sin and are alive in Christ Jesus
Re: What The Bible Says About Tithing by Diamondville(f): 12:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

BRO, IS A CHOICE. THE LORD HAS SET BEFORE US DEATH AND LIFE, LAW AND JESUS{GRACE}...

LET'S CHOOSE JESUS{GRACE} THAT WE MAY LIVE AND BE BLESSED.... FOR, THERE IS NO LIFE IN THE LAW. NO RIGHTEOUSNESS IN THE LAW..

WE ARE CALLED TO LIVE BY GRACE AND BY GRACE ALONE.
and that's only if you'll be dead to sin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father Abramham, Send Lazarus To Dip D Tip Of His Finger In Water Nd Cool My Ton / The number 1 man in China the beast? / Muslims Insult Each Other For Imitating Christians In Sallah Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.