Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,973 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

"They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo (537 Views)

Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead / VSKIT: James Brown Of "They Didn’t Caught Me" Becomes VSKIT Ambassador / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by UnilagPwins(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
The veteran Nigerian singer and one-time Edo State Commissioner for Arts and Culture, Prof. Victor Uwaifo has broken his silence as he accuses music stars, Simi and Jaywon of remixing his hit song "Joromi" without seeking his permission...
He said he won't be suing them rather he wanted to use this medium to encourage Nigeria singers to always give credit to the composer of the music... Below is what he said during an exclusive chat with Vanguard Showtime...

“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi; but I’m like a father to them so I can’t begin to drag them to court, so let them make a living out of it, but at the same time it’s piracy.
I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions; it shows the quality of the music that has come a long way. As far as I’m concerned I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to the other), so if they want to appreciate and still appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. .
It’s one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time; so I will not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi, but rather encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do”.

Wow! He's truly a father.... Lol.

http://unilagpwins..co.ke/2017/11/they-didnt-contact-me-before-doing.html?m=1

Re: "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by GloriaNinja(f): 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by Ajoboss(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
I dnt get...how's simi's version of joromi a remix of his

1 Like

Re: "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by MhizzAJ(f): 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Victor Uwaifo should be in his 70's then
Re: "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by OKorowanta: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
They could be sued for as much as N500 million each but thank you sir for being a father figure.
Thank you for forgiving them for they know not what they are doing.
Their versions don't necessarily have to sound like the original joromi.
Victor Uwaifo own the joromi brand and he is known for it.
Simi is the worst culprit cos her chorus was sounding like the original.
The same intellectual property theft Blackface has been preaching against.
To me,with this Blackface has been vindicated.
It's wrong for someone to use someone else's material without his consent.
Intellectual property is spiritual according to human philosophy.
It comes from the inside of you so it should be given utmost respect.
Just seek for permission to remix that's all.

2 Likes

Re: "They Didn’t Contact Me Before Doing A Remix Of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo by orbgoblin: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
I always thought joromi was a name. And simi's version sounds nothing like Victor owaifo's own. Unless there's another version he sang that I haven't heard.

(1) (Reply)

Sarkodie Disrespected At One Africa Music Fest, Dubai / Oritsefemi's Wife Dares Women To Share Make Up Free Photos / The Girl Like To Sing, The Boy Like To Fight - Mr Jollof Show Off His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.