Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

I Know My Sheep - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Know My Sheep (326 Views)

I Know My Redeemer Liveth - A Way Of Escape [part 03] / St Michael The Archangel Make Me Know My Greatness / How Do I Know My Relationship With God Is Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Know My Sheep by Hier(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
Metaphors and parables are often used to depict instances and scenarios in our relationship with God. Paul by the Spirit said, the invisible things of God can be clearly understood with what we see or can relate with for ease of understanding.
w
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Jesus on different occasion will say, I know my sheep and my sheep knoweth my voice, they will not listen to the voice of a stranger. Jesus told Peter at the sea of Tiberas, feed my lamb, now, its a pity that many Christians have not developed out of the lamb state(milk) no offense oooo, and they are trying to claim sheep(maturity in Christ)

Paul by the Spirit was saying,

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

I want to marry this verse to where Jesus said, my sheep knoweth me. You are not a sheep of Jesus and you don't know Jesus. Its stupid when I see Christians living their life using the brain cells, its good to use the braincells, but the step of a righteous man are directed by the Lord

Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

another verse said, it is not in man that liveth to direct his own step

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Re: I Know My Sheep by Hier(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
Its a pity we have lived our whole lives under the shanckle of vultures who delight in using the braincell and are not cognisance of the masters voice. I was once this person who would pray to the wall and that's the best I get, and why call God your Father when God does not speak to you
Re: I Know My Sheep by geoworldedu: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
DOCTUFOS
19. Religion is a cage made by its founder for its adherent. That is why the followers of Zeusus Krista are called sheep while the followers of Murhamid are called slaves.
20. But an Otem shall destroy every cage and set the slaves free. He shall also turn the sheep to humans

Otem, see this sheep.
Re: I Know My Sheep by Hier(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Kumuyi -what Nigeria Need To Do TO Attain Excellence / I Bless You This Morning. Happy New Month. Welcome To The Month Of December. / Sunday Service -pst Eddy Owase Christ Embassy Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.