Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

“#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You (638 Views)

Four Good Reasons Why Olamide Should Drop Fireboy Over Lyta. / Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Headies 2018: Why Olamide And Ybnl Are The Biggest Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by DoubleObee(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
It is ironic that Olamide’s Instagram post announcing the release of his forthcoming “Lagos Nawa” album would rile up his millions of fans in excitement while in a smaller circle of music critics, the post bears both good and ominous signs.
The fans on the streets are only excited that Olamide is performing his annual rite of releasing an album but for people like me, who pay attention to detail;hmmI’m scared.
First of, I’m scared that after managing to find a facelift inWo!Olamide still sees annual album releases as a MUST. Then, my fear is heightened by the fact that theLagos Nawaalbum would be relatively a one producer album (except one or two self-produced tracks on the album). I’m even more scared that Olamide “made the album in 48 hours.”
In the business of album compilation, I’d like to think that there is an under wraps difference between quality and quantity. An artiste can be prolific with album releases but to be prominent for the quality of your albums as an artiste; the standard is quite different. Asa is known to make classic albums, M.I specializes in compiling first gradeNaija rapalbums but Olamide is known for album numbers (and I fear that it would remain so even after the release of his forthcoming album).
‘Lagos Nawa’would be Olamide’s 7th album and 8th music project in seven years. Yes! He has released a shitload of tracks but the quality of his albums have been questioned a lot, especially when Olamide wants us to believe his projects are “hip-hop albums.” Clearly, music comes easy forbaddo,and I heard that a call fromAlabais all the motivation Olamide needs to release an album, but an artiste mindful of the fact that the inspiration to create a great album is never always there, such artiste would consider the fact that artistes don’t just subscribe yearly for great creative processes for albums, and if the longterm impact of an album means anything to such artiste; then he/she would resist the temptation from the middle-men, record as many records as thewobe spiritleads and concentrate the best products into filling up great albums.
No ID, the one producer who manned Jay-Z’s seismic impacting ‘4:44’album, opened up the creative process to the album and he revealed that the album is what it is because he, particularly, was working on “getting better,” while Jay-Z was looking to explore new music concepts. No ID said he worked on 500 (music production) ideas, which he played to J.Cole, before meeting Jay-Z to add his midas touch to the joint effort which produced such a huge album. Another artiste renowned for the quality of her album, Adele, takes two-four years to record her albums, butbaddoand Young John needed just “48 hours” to record “Lagos Nawa” *rolls-eye.* It better be “hype”or that months had been put into forming the ideas of tracks on the album and Olamide only went on a 48-hour recording-spree, else the “Lagos Nawa” album would end up eliciting a disappointing “nawa o”expression from fans who would listen to the album without sentiment.
Re: “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
Bros calm down ehn. He probably had his songs written down already and needed 48 hours to record all tracks. You surely cannot think he included the mixing and mastering in the alleged 48 hours. BTW, why do y'all feel the need to compare Nigerian artistes with their foreign counterparts? This is Nigeria. The ginger is different, not forgetting what floats one artiste's boat may sink another's.

1 Like

Re: “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by tripoli007(m): 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
Henryyy:
Bros calm down ehn. He probably had his songs written down already and needed 48 hours to record all tracks. You surely cannot think he included the mixing and mastering in the alleged 48 hours. BTW, why do y'all feel the need to compare Nigerian artistes with their foreign counterparts? This is Nigeria. The ginger is different, not forgetting what floats one artiste's boat make sink another's.

The way people hate olamide ehnn .. I dont know why they just can't support another mans hustle .. Rather be spewing jack shvt on social media
Re: “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
tripoli007:

The way people hate olamide ehnn .. I dont know why they just can't support another mans hustle .. Rather be spewing jack shvt on social media
Lol. I wouldn't necessarily say the op is hating sha but if Olamide's fans no get problem with the album, wetin concern us? I think most contemporary artistes face similar criticism as this. My problem is the shitty white supremacy comparison people do. That one na pure low self esteem. So because Justin Bieber took 100 years to record an album, Davido must do the same? Or because Nicki Minaj dropped a mixtape, Yemi Alade must do the same? I tire for Nigerians.
Re: “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by Kneephy(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
Your headache!
I no know as e take concern u sef.
Continue criticizing while baddo continue making his doe
Re: “#lagosnawa Made Under 48 Hours”… Why Olamide’s New Album Might Disappoint You by DoubleObee(m): 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
Kneephy:
Your headache!
I no know as e take concern u sef.
Continue criticizing while baddo continue making his doe
bro, am not hating

(1) (Reply)

“am Back To Pepper You Again, You Haven’t Seen Anything”- Bobrisky / Wizkid Comes Hard On Davido As He Replies Davido’s Shade, See What He Said / Wierld Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.