Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price (2460 Views)

We Buy Dead Laptop At Good PRICE / Can One Use Stabilizer With An Inverter? / What You Must Know Before You Buy An Inverter (inverter Bullet Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by milliano: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2005
this sis the best thing next to nepa or rather power holding company.
cal me fro details
ask fro maxwell
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by edoyakk(m): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2007
Hey,
your inverters start at what price?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by iCON3(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2007
Hi MIliano,trwill be nice if you can give more information on this medium.you havent said enuff for one to wanna call u,ok?
Bst Rgd
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by TELEMANTIC(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2007
If you want to buy an Inverter you will be saving yourself lots of Hassles from epileptic power supply from PHCN. For your information there is no date for steady power supply in Nigeria.
An Inverter is a device that takes power from PHCN (AC) and converts it to DC and stores it in its slave battery bank. When there is power supply form PHCN or a generator the inverter plays the role of a supplier of power and a charger. When there is a power outage it takes all that it has stored during charging and converts it to AC supplying your equipment with clean stable power.

Some good Advise for those who will listen:
Make sure you buy Digital sine wave Inverters, if you go for cheap hurriedly assembled ones you may damage your equipment
Make sure you use Deep Cycle Batteries, If you use automotive Batteries you are wasting your time and money

I discovered that Indian made Inverters are the most rugged but you can try American and Chinese models and see.

There is one chap called Goddey who can get you these items at very good prices. Call him at 08033603662 or try Ameed at 08052119940
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by bolaoni(m): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2007
HOW MUCH are the Inverters worth?

We will all like to know PLEASE!
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Afam(m): 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2007
TELEMANTIC:

If you want to buy an Inverter you will be saving yourself lots of Hassles from epileptic power supply from PHCN. For your information there is no date for steady power supply in Nigeria.
An Inverter is a device that takes power from PHCN (AC) and converts it to DC and stores it in its slave battery bank. When there is power supply form PHCN or a generator the inverter plays the role of a supplier of power and a charger. When there is a power outage it takes all that it has stored during charging and converts it to AC supplying your equipment with clean stable power.

Some good Advise for those who will listen:
Make sure you buy Digital sine wave Inverters, if you go for cheap hurriedly assembled ones you may damage your equipment
Make sure you use Deep Cycle Batteries, If you use automotive Batteries you are wasting your time and money

I discovered that Indian made Inverters are the most rugged but you can try American and Chinese models and see.

There is one chap called Goddey who can get you these items at very good prices. Call him at 08033603662 or try Ameed at 08052119940

Digital sine wave inverters are very expensive.

Modified sine wave inverters can comfortably run over 97% of appliances out there with the exception of sensitive medical equipment and appliances that have digital clocks for operation.

We use and recommend the regular heavy duty motor batteries as they are cost effective and for any single battery enough power to work in a backup environment and the battery sizing takes into consideration the maximum depth of discharge unless you have the money to get genuine deep cycle batteries.

Basic battery configurations that we get are 12v 200Ah types whether wet cell or dry cell.

Indian inverters? A client bought a 5kva inverter from Mega at Mega Plaza for N150,000.00 and it packed up in 4 days because it could not charge a simple 72v 200Ah battery bank even though the inverter is a 72v configuration.

The good thing is that I warned the client so when it happened she understood why and now asked us to do what I recommended before installing the system - get a separate charger, opn up the inverter and rewire the connection.

And the worst part, no single warranty yet on all our inverters we offer 1 year full warranty, we repair or replace at no cost.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2007
@Afam
How do i reach u?
I'm interested.
This PHCN wahala is too much.
How much would a 2.4kva inverter sell for?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Afam(m): 8:52am On Mar 25, 2007
@fntekim,

You may email afam@justwebservices.com or see justalternativepower.com for more information.

However, I must remind you that you must be crystal clear and honest with your list of appliances and expected backup time because this area is usually the main cause of disappointments since people generally tell you they want to power just TV, fan and some bulbs when in the real sense they will hook up up to 3 times the stated loads and when they start to experience lesser backup times they start to complain.

Any calculation on paper truly replicates real life scenario as regards backup so given a list of loads and expected autonomy one can tell you exactly the number of batteries you need and exactly how long all the loads connected to the battery bank will last.

Put differently, it all depends on you.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by TaxMan(m): 11:44am On Apr 14, 2007
Afam:

@fntekim,

You may email afam@example.com or see justalternativepower.com for more information.

However, I must remind you that you must be crystal clear and honest with your list of appliances and expected backup time because this area is usually the main cause of disappointments since people generally tell you they want to power just TV, fan and some bulbs when in the real sense they will hook up up to 3 times the stated loads and when they start to experience lesser backup times they start to complain.

Any calculation on paper truly replicates real life scenario as regards backup so given a list of loads and expected autonomy one can tell you exactly the number of batteries you need and exactly how long all the loads connected to the battery bank will last.

Put differently, it all depends on you.

@ Afam

I'm desiruous of buying an Inverter that will carry the undelisted home appliances;
One 42'Plasma TV
One DSTV Decoder
One Frdige/Freezer
One 1HP Split Unit AC
One Standing Fan
Two Laptops
Six Energy saving bulbs

Kindly advise of a suitable spec of Inverter and Battery Bank for this load given that I want an 8hrs non stop use of this appliances. I also want to know the lenght of time it would take your company to assemble such a system for me and especially at what cost.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Afam(m): 10:48am On Apr 16, 2007
TaxMan:

@ Afam

I'm desiruous of buying an Inverter that will carry the undelisted home appliances;
One 42'Plasma TV
One DSTV Decoder
One Frdige/Freezer
One 1HP Split Unit AC
One Standing Fan
Two Laptops
Six Energy saving bulbs

Kindly advise of a suitable spec of Inverter and Battery Bank for this load given that I want an 8hrs non stop use of this appliances. I also want to know the lenght of time it would take your company to assemble such a system for me and especially at what cost.

Is the A/C a must? Any battery bank that will provide 8 hrs for the A/C will be huge.

And I will not even recommend nor build you a single inverter for the whole setup.

2 inverters will suffice, one for the A/C (if you instead it must be in the equation) and the other for the other loads.

Let me know if I am making sense so that I don't spend my time doing calculations when the basis does not exist.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by TaxMan(m): 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ Afam

The A C is a necessity for me oh! I would rather sacrife every other time for just the AC, a 14inches colour TV & my decoder. This is what is most practical for me.

Will each inverter in your earlier equation have sepearte battery banks? If yes, how many batteries would the inverter for the AC alone require to give 8hrs work?

What would my cost estimate look like for this system for the AC and if I eventually add the 14 inches colour TV & DSTV decoder would it make much difference?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Afam(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2007
@Taxman,

Sorry for the late response. Had an extremely busy day yesterday.

For the 1hp A/C

4 nos (12v 200Ah) batteries will provide you with 8 hours.

3.5kva inverter will suffice.

For the 1hp A/C, TV and decoder

4 nos (12v 200Ah) batteries (in reality you will be needing a little above 4 batteries but since you will use them in multiples of 4 you just have to stick with 4) will provide you about 6 hours.

5.kva inverter will suffice
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Icon(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2007
Afam:

@Taxman,

Sorry for the late response. Had an extremely busy day yesterday.

For the 1hp A/C

4 nos (12v 200Ah) batteries will provide you with 8 hours.

3.5kva inverter will suffice.

For the 1hp A/C, TV and decoder

4 nos (12v 200Ah) batteries (in reality you will be needing a little above 4 batteries but since you will use them in multiples of 4 you just have to stick with 4) will provide you about 6 hours.

5.kva inverter will suffice
What's the price estimate for those?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by earthrealm(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2007
plssssssssssssss.
is there any diff btw using 2 100amps battery in parrallel n just buying 1 200 amps, cos i noticed that the cost of 2 100 amps is far much less than the cost of a single 200amp
pls respond asap.
also wch makes of batteries are the best.
i heard delkor/hankook/alphaphine are good, what are ur opinions?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by TaxMan(m): 10:57pm On May 12, 2007
@ Afam

Icon:

What's the price estimate for those?

Pls we're eagerly awaiting your response to this question.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Afam(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2007
3.5kva inverter 48vdc (manual) - N130,000.00

3.5kva inverter 48vdc (automatic) - N160,000.00

5kva inverter 48vdc (manual) - N200,000.00

5kva inverter 48vdc (automatic) - N250,000.00

Typical reliable wet cell battery (12v 200ah) - N26,000.00

Typical dry cell battery (12v 200ah) China - N39,000.00

Typical dry cell battery (12v 200ah) Korea - N46,000.00

Typical dry cell battery (12v 200ah) UK - N54,000.00

All our automatic inverters utilize dual transformers for increased reliability (that is why we offer 1 year full warranty where units are repaired or replaced at no cost)

As for the guy asking questions on batteries.

You can connect 2 nos 100Ah batteries in parallel to get your 200Ah battery bank. There is nothing wrong with that but remember that you will always have energy losses in cables so the shorter the cables in any DC energy zone the better for you.

Names do not matter as regards the batteries, the main issue is the importer of the batteries because only the importer knows the quality he has asked the manufacturer to manufacture.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by earthrealm(m): 1:05am On May 29, 2007
i heard of inverters that donot use of transformers.how good are they?, they sell it quite cheap in VI, cud some 1 tell me the merits n demerits of such tranformerless inverters?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by honeric01(m): 8:43am On May 29, 2007
is that amount the best? its too expensive
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by saknel: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hello Afam, pls can you tell me how much it wld cost to insatall an inverter for household use, i need one that would power bulbs,tv,and fans, what kva wld i need for that and also the cost of batteries and every thing i would need,
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
@all, i think you should stick with this Afam guy. He knew his' onions well and he is not out to milk you all in the name of making profit and getting rich. i have talked to him and visited his' office and i can tell you that he really knew what he was saying and want to do for all.
i have a friend that bought inverter, not from Afam, and he was using it for A C and fridges even though he uses generator most times to charge the batteries and i adviced him against it cos the gen can actually cool the fridge during the charging period and a fan can do instead of an AC.
My candid advice is use a fan instead of an ac during blackout and stick to what Afam say.
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by ceejay80s(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
How long does this inverter last u in a day?
Re: do you know what an inverter is? i have lots from the US for sale at good price by amosco2: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
Anyone in need of inverter system,contact us for any capacity,we sale at good price,e.g 1KVA and 200ah battery for N50,000.the all come with 14month warranty. 08094749518

(1) (Reply)

U.s Fairly Used Laptop For Sale!hp Nc6120@n38,000 / A New Wintouch Android Version 4.0.4 Model Q8 Tablet For Sale Or For Swapping / No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.