Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Why This Much Brouhaha Over Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why This Much Brouhaha Over Tithe? (425 Views)

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Tithe: People Disrupt Church Service Over Tithe Brouhaha (video) / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why This Much Brouhaha Over Tithe? by wolesmile(m): 2:01am On Nov 12, 2017
I know some of you christians will, rather than address the issue here, attack my personality, cos you'll think as a muslim, I have no business meddling in the affairs of the christian doctrine. My post is not about whether tithing is biblical or not, or whether its an old testament practice and that christians, being under grace and eternally saved through the sacrifice of blood on the cross as they claim, are not bound under the law to tithe. I am neither here to condemn the tithers, nor to support the non tithers. I rather want to ask, WHAT IS ALL THIS UPROAR OVER TITHE ALL ABOUT?
It seems I have never seen a religious doctrine so hotly debated and so vehemently defended by pontifs like this tithe. The way our so called Men Of Gods are defending this tithe of a thing, it's as if their basic source of income is about to be blocked. If tithing is right, it needs not be defended this vehemently. If it's not a christian doctrine, it needs not be condemned this much. Tithers should remember that the practice is of Judaism, and Jesus, being a Jew himself, could not have spoken against it. He lived under the law, cos he never came to abolish it. Non tithers should also remember that, even if the doctrine doesn't apply to christians, giving just a little from your earning to the house of God is not too bad either. If anybody chooses to pay, fine. If they choose not to pay, it's their business.
BUT SEEING SOME SO CALLED RESPECTED MEN OF GOD VEHEMENTLY DEFENDING TITHE, I BEGIN TO THINK, COULD FREEZE HAVE BEEN RIGHT AFTER ALL?
Re: Why This Much Brouhaha Over Tithe? by dabeto: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2017
The beauty of Christianity is the liberty it offers through Christ Jesus and that liberty covers the joy to debate and the unhindered restrictions to bare your mind without fear of contradictions.
When revival is about to break forth in the church, the Holy Spirit usually steer the spirit of men to bring order back to the church.
This is not new in christaindom. Read up about the history of Martin Luther, Azusa Revival etc on this.
The debate is in order and at the end of the day, men will choose what is right for themselves. Paying or not paying tithes will not stop any Christian from making heaven if he or she has a right standing with God through Christ Jesus.
Remember, God loves a cheerful giver and we Christians must continue to give without measure for the kingdom work to move on.
The "uproar" is about the REVIVAL THAT IS ABOUT TO BREAK FORTH IN THE CHURCH.

(1) (Reply)

A Yoyo That Beats His Wife And Children And Sleeps With Women - Ashimolowo Blast / Are You A Soldier In God's Army? / The Seven Principles Of Kwanzaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.