Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering (690 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by minke: 9:08am On Nov 12, 2017
CONCERNING TITHE:

1. The Levites were instructed to take tithe from the Israelites as their inheritance and we're not supposed to have any other inheritance (source of income) other the tithe they get. (numbers 18:24)

2. They were asked to pay their tithe to the priest from the tithe they collect from the Israelites. (numbers 18:26)

3. The Israelites gave tithe over a seven-year circle from the first to the sixth year. They did not tithe on the seventh year because they were not allowed to farm on the seventh year. (Exodus 23:10-11, Deuteronomy 14:22).

4. Because they used agricultural products as tithe, the never gave tithe on the Sabbath year (seventh year). Leviticus 25:3-4

5. The levitical tithe or first tithe is given yearly to the levites (Deuteronomy 14:22).

6. the tithe of feast to be eaten at a place chosen by God was done on the third and sixth year of the seven-year circle. This tithe was given to the strangers, the widows, the fatherless and the Levites to eat and be satisfied (Deuteronomy 14:28-29).

CONCERNING MALACHI 3:10

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10

This scripture actually refers to priests not christians. the levites were instructed to pay tithe from the tithe they get to the priest who should be a descendant of Aaron (Numbers 18:25-29, Nehemiah 10:38). The priest will then take the tithe of tithe into the storehouse of God. But because the priests of those days were not taking the tithe to the storehouse of God, God was angry with them.

The warning actually started in Malachi 2:1
"And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you." - Malachi 2:1

and came down to the whole of Malachi 3.

Bring ye all the tithe into the storehouse refers to the priests because it is their duty to take the tithe into the storehouse of God (Nehemiah 10:38).

CONCERNING OFFERINGS:

The only offering acceptable To God is that which comes from a pure heart (Malachi 3:2-5).
In other words, sin makes your offering unpleasant to God.

1 Like

Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Jilo83(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2017
Thank God i am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.... 1peter2v9.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by mikejj(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2017
will a man rob God?so sir who is a priest in our world today?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by saintgoogle(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2017
mikejj:

Lol you are comparing priesthood with your self ordained pastor that receives divine calls on 3310 Nokia

Yeye
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by minke: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2017
mikejj:

When the Old Testament was written, the new priesthood had not been established. The Jews were still under the priesthood of Aaron.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Henitan24(f): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2017
I have noticed a trend;

Christians who foolishly defend Tithing are the same group of Christians who make the worst kind of arguments in defence of Christianity.

They are the kind of Christians who argue that Christians must not be too logical; that God is not logical.

Watch out for those ilk of Christians. They usually defend nonsense. They'd even defend their own chains and fetters a.k.a slavery. And that's why they are easy preys for religious predators.
#truthissacred
sad

2 Likes

Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by mikejj(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2017
saintgoogle:

Lol you are comparing priesthood with your self ordained pastor that receives divine calls on 3310 Nokia

Yeye
funny you.but guy ehn every scripture of the bible has it blessings and miracle attached to it.do you know that.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Zaheertyler(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2017
remember preach love and not Malachi 3:10
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by mikejj(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2017
minke:

When the Old Testament was written, the new priesthood had not been established. The Jews were still under the priesthood of Aaron.
have you ever wondered why the last chapter of the old testament talks about tithe and giving?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2017
It baffles me how tithes commanded by Yahweh a local god in far away Israel should be a topic of discussion here in Africa.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
It baffles me how tithes commanded by Yahweh a local god in far away Israel should be a topic of discussion here in Africa.

Remember, He is the God of the whole world, the creator of the universe, the Lord of each tongues that speak words! That He who causes His seeds shall die...!
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

Remember, He is the God of the whole world, the creator of the universe, the Lord of each tongues that speak words! That He who causes His seeds shall die...!

What!!! Where did you hear this from? Even Yahweh himself cannot publicly say that he is the God of the universe when God Almighty who created him is alive? See for yourself, Yahweh didn't come near creating the earth let alone the whole universe undecided

Doctufos: MCC 1: 13-15

13. And by one fragment of the imagination of God, there exist some beings. And these beings have similarities with God in his light form.
14. Now the names of some of these beings(created by God Almighty) are Knoliud, Miklas, Urim, Chimides, Chaleb, Eartum who is also called Atum, Largas, who is also called Alla, Nymphidis who is also called Yahweh, Wanyioyi,... Abassi, Nzame, Nyame;
So pls next time when we are talking about God the UNIVERSAL, don't bring Yahweh into the topic at all as it is explicitly stated in the DOCTUFOS of truth that he was a creature and not the CREATOR.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:

What!!! Where did you hear this from? Even Yahweh himself cannot publicly say that he is the God of the universe when God Almighty who created him is alive? See for yourself, Yahweh didn't come near creating the earth let alone the whole universe undecided

So pls next time when we are talking about God the UNIVERSAL, don't bring Yahweh into the topic at all as it is explicitly stated in the DOCTUFOS of truth that he was a creature and not the CREATOR.

I aint even speaking of your Yahweh whom you knew. Am speaking of He the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Councellor, the Wondeeful, the God who leaves from the Ancient of days to the Forevers! He whom all knee's that ever breath will clatter down to in graceful awe.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

I aint even speaking of your Yahweh whom you knew. Am speaking of He the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Councellor, the Wondeeful, the God who leaves from the Ancient of days to the Forevers! He whom all knee's that ever breath will clatter down to in graceful awe.
what's the name of that one you are praising like this, lemme check of its the Almighty God you're talking about?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
what's the name of that one you are praising like this, lemme check of its the Almighty God you're talking about?

If the Son is one wuth His Father, then there is sparce differences if you call the Son His Fathers name. Yes, am talking of the Almighty God, my Father, your Father.

And more, for your last comment, then tell me what Africans should have done in place of the tithe commanded by YAHWEH the God of the `Jacobines'?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:

What then should Africa replace with the tithe of the Isrealite as commanded by the God of Isrealite?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

If the Son is one wuth His Father, then there is sparce differences if you call the Son His Fathers name. Yes, am talking of the Almighty God, my Father, your Father.

And more, for your last comment, then tell me what Africans should have done in place of the tithe commanded by YAHWEH the God of the `Jacobines'?
Almighty God is the God who created Yahweh, Allah and the rest of them. God Almighty didn't command tithe, but Yahweh, a god in a faraway land of Israel commanded it for his people. So why should Africa care about a god in a faraway part of the planet?
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

What then should Africa replace with the tithe of the Isrealite as commanded by the God of Isrealite?
They should replace the payment of tithe with the use of their brains. But if they still want to be doing tithe, they should be using it to feed the poor, not to feed the pastors.
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
They should replace the payment of tithe with the use of their brains. But if they still want to be doing tithe, they should be using it to feed the poor, not to feed the pastors.

I truelly love this, I smiled. Its good. I will pray for Afrika. And for you, don't forget to bow down and talk to your Chi (YOUR GOD!) for Afrika.

Tomorrow, Africa, the black race, and those who love her, would arise to welcome THE GOOD, THE BEST AND THE BEUTIFUL LIFE FOREVER! Amien...
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by Dnockeror333(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
Almighty God is the God who created Yahweh, Allah and the rest of them. God Almighty didn't command tithe, but Yahweh, a god in a faraway land of Israel commanded it for his people. So why should Africa care about a god in a faraway part of the planet?

Uhh, old guy, this be a New Theory. I pray to hear that later before or after am rising from the temporal grave of rest....!
Re: What Preachers Don't Tell You About Tithe And Offering by OtemSapien: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
Dnockeror333:

Uhh, old guy, this be a New Theory. I pray to hear that later before or after am rising from the temporal grave of rest....!
okay no p

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Being Born Again Of Water And The Spirit? / Video Of Prophet TB Joshua Carrying Cement Alongside Foreign Visitors / Fomwan National Amirah Meets Firdaus, The Embattled Law Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.