Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux (1108 Views)

Help With Assignments On Linux / Need Help On Linux Installation On Windows Laptop / Help Needed Installing Android Studio On Linux (ubuntu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by hardebayho(m): 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
Okay, so I wanted to install cocos2d on my bunsenlabs Linux (it's a debian derivative sha)... I downloaded the source code, uncompressed it, then went to the terminal to start compilation.

First, I used the install-deps.sh to download the dependencies. Then I also executed one python file to download external dependencies (like 150MB).

So I followed the procedures as described in the website and I hit(ed) several brick walls:

One opengl error.. Managed to fix that
Another fmod error.. Managed to fix that
Now the cemented wall is the one I don't know how to break..

Cannot find webp... Bla bla bla (you know all those useless cmake errors na.

Google couldn't help. So I'm thinking, if anyone here has one or two experiences with this cocos2d should share (No Windows is allowed ooo)
Re: Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 01, 2020
Nope, I'm not a gamer
hardebayho:
Okay, so I wanted to install cocos2d on my bunsenlabs Linux (it's a debian derivative sha)... I downloaded the source code, uncompressed it, then went to the terminal to start compilation.

First, I used the install-deps.sh to download the dependencies. Then I also executed one python file to download external dependencies (like 150MB).

So I followed the procedures as described in the website and I hit(ed) several brick walls:

Google couldn't help. So I'm thinking, if anyone here has one or two experiences with this cocos2d should share (No Windows is allowed ooo)
Re: Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by EvilSec: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
hardebayho:

Have you fixed this yet? Might be able to help
Re: Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by hardebayho(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2020
EvilSec:

Have you fixed this yet? Might be able to help

Yeah, I did. Buh I ended up dumping cocos-2d sha cause it was just too much for my laptop
Re: Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by EvilSec: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
hardebayho:

Yeah, I did. Buh I ended up dumping cocos-2d sha cause it was just too much for my laptop
Totally didn't even notice the post was made in 2017. What was the alternative you opted for? I know it can't be Unity or Unreal cause they're heavier engines.
Re: Cocos2d-x Installation On Linux by hardebayho(m): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
EvilSec:

Totally didn't even notice the post was made in 2017. What was the alternative you opted for? I know it can't be Unity or Unreal cause they're heavier engines.

Allegro 5 and SDL2

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense With $5 For Sale / How To Encrypt In Javascript And Decrypt String In PHP Using AES And Cryptojs / Madinatul Ahbab Buruku Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.