Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Some Nigerians Are Holier Than God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Nigerians Are Holier Than God? (447 Views)

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Nigerians Are Holier Than God? by suyamasta(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
I am quite puzzled as to why many Nigerians are "pseudo-Dogmatic" in approach to issues of Religion , for example in the bible it is clearly written to drink strong drink but someone wrote in a thread here i quote "" Firstly that's is insult to God and stupid . But in truth there is a provision under the law to use a tithe for feast and eating ."" meaning he or she could actually be holier than God?
Re: Some Nigerians Are Holier Than God? by OtemSapien: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
In the first place, holiness is a concept based on falsehood. Righteousness is what is recognised.
I can perceive from your write up that you are talking about Yahweh, meaning him for God.
So if I will go with you, I will say Yes, you are right, every Nigeria, no matter how evil, is more righteous than God.
But because I know God not to be Yahweh, Allah, Moloch or any of these small small gods of religion, I will simply say that NO, Nigerians are not more righteous than God.

Firstly, who or what is God? God is the totality of everything. So it means that God is also the totality of all righteousness, therefore the righteousness of an individual person cannot be equal with the righteousness of God the whole. However, if we are to take the summation of the righteousness of humanity, animals, rainfall, sunlight, air and every other thing in existence, then we can say that is equal to the righteousness of God Almighty.
Re: Some Nigerians Are Holier Than God? by suyamasta(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2017
OtemSapien:
In the first place, holiness is a concept based on falsehood. Righteousness is what is recognised.
I can perceive from your write up that you are talking about Yahweh, meaning him for God.
So if I will go with you, I will say Yes, you are right, every Nigeria, no matter how evil, is more righteous than God.
But because I know God not to be Yahweh, Allah, Moloch or any of these small small gods of religion, I will simply say that NO, Nigerians are not more righteous than God.

Firstly, who or what is God? God is the totality of everything. So it means that God is also the totality of all righteousness, therefore the righteousness of an individual person cannot be equal with the righteousness of God the whole. However, if we are to take the summation of the righteousness of humanity, animals, rainfall, sunlight, air and every other thing in existence, then we can say that is equal to the righteousness of God Almighty.
Hmm quite deep there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"The Trigger Of Firdaus" By Dr Aliyu Tilde / House On The Rock Church Reaches Out To The Underprivileged / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.