Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? (40569 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / Premiumtimes Poll On Who Performed Best In The VP Presidential Debate / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by senatordave1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obaze won clearly,chidoka and nwoye ranked joint 2nd but on saturday nwoye would come tops.

2 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by obiZEAL(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
Osita Chidoka!

6 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
grin
Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Teryfik(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
so many shots were fired..... #goanbecontrollingtraffick

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by ajarossi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Don't give a dam how they performed my concern as a good son of d soil is how to get big cat fish that I ll use to prepare nsala for d nsala day, hala me if u lov ofe nsala

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by BUHARImyDOG: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
ipob

2 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Megatrix: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Nwoye for sure, what happened to Yul Edochie
Which debate did you watch?

6 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by cremedelacreme: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obaze just won my heart. Well articulated and he's got brains. Chidoka is equally good and has charisma. Tony's performance in the debate was very disappointing. He needs to work on his oratory skill. Obiano is riding on incumbency. Ezeemo has no business being there. #MyObservation.

10 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Adaowerri111: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Megatrix:

Which debate did you watch?

The one you watched

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Walelavender(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
The PDP candidate was brilliant and Chidoka should be the second best.

9 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by naijafella(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Yul Edochie cheesy grin
Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by hemartins(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
marianneada:
Obazie, followed by Chidoka.

Someone should tell Mr Godwin Ezeemo to go back to UK, he's making it look like we begged him to come home and contest for d seat.
Maria, You sneaked into my mind. Are you stealing my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Discharge(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adaowerri111:

And you thing the daura man will show up abi
this time he will, considering his status as the incumbent.

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by BUHARImyDOG: 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
First half of the Anambra Gub debate...

1) Chidoka(Upp) is leading. He's very smart, daring and has the charisma. He answered rightly and posing some indirect questions to other contestants.

2) Obaze (PDP) is taking the second position. He's very diplomatic with his answers. He has so much to say. He is also smart. He has refused to say bad of any other candidate even when the chance presented itself. He's simply a diplomat!

3) Tony Nwoye( Apc) taking the third position. He has so much anger bottled up due to poor management of resources by the incumbent Governor. He also has some aspersions casted upon Channels TV as being tolled by Willie. He is a good man too but his anger has made him say less.

4) Willie (Apga)... He seem to be high sef� He is really circumventing questions. He has been answering different thing from what is being asked. I think he is not prepared for the debate.

5) Ezemmo abi Ezemmuo is just confused. He finds it difficult to speak out. He has the wrong diction. In fact, his supporters should take him home.

ICEtv reporting live...

12 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Mrkumareze(m): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obiano is a failure. A seating Governor who would have spoken better with his 3 years plus experience but he has nothing to Lay hand on. I expected him to speak against Peter obi as usual. Useless man.
PDP man did well but am afraid he's too wise and that maybe difficult to trace his route when voted. I rather choose chidoka, he's the man who knows the people and what they actually wanted .
As for Ezemmo, is he from United Kaduna or United kingdom? Someone should help him with a return ticket to wherever he came from.

10 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by gbagyiza: 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
[color=#550000][/color][quote author=Adaowerri111 post=62321606]

And you thing the daura man will show up abi[/quot

U na go make pesin belly burst. Dat daura man no go ever show face.

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by ekene9: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
Willie is good, he knows d job far more than the rest with there empty promises. Allow Willie to finish his good works. From indications it's obvious that if those guys mistakenly win, they will block all the good deeds that Willie has got on d way. very easy to criticize a sitting governor but Willie handled them well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by speaktome(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
In fact if I am to cast my vote base on what I saw on Channels this evening,
Henry Obaze (PDP) will have my vote, my family members vote and even my ancestors vote.

I rate their performance thus;

1. PDP
2. UPP
3. PPA
4. APGA
5. APC

But So Sorry

#MySignatureMyBusiness

6 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
Discharge:
Let's also have this debate at the Federal Level come 2019
the Fulani man will form sick so he can skip the debate ... do you want to disgrace your President, kai

4 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Discharge(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
AFONJAPIG:
the Fulani man will form sick so he can skip the debate ... do you want to disgrace your President, kai
Him Liver Don high this time. Did you see how active he was at budget presentation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Preciousseed(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Obaze just won my heart. Well articulated and he's got brains. Chidoka is equally good and has charisma. Tony's performance in the debate was very disappointing. He needs to work on his oratory skill. Obiano is riding on incumbency. Ezeemo has no business being there. #MyObservation.
Just my thought. I would love Obaze to be the man. His Deputy too, a woman is good for the job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by designVATExcel: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
The 3 top candidates based on the debate are:
1) Obaze 2) Osita 3) Obiano.

Anambra is lucky though, all 5 candidates seem learned and passionate.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it's not about elocution & most actual voters probably didn't watch this.

I applaud the incumbent for attending the debate, past incumbents don't except it's organized by NTA.

Also Channels TV & EIE, thanks so much for this. You are greatly increasing citizen awareness and participation in politics.

16 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Discharge:

Him Liver Don high this time. Did you see how active he was at budget presentation?
Jubril is more enlighten than the duara farmer with 150 cows

1 Like

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by dlaw70(m): 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Na councilor yull d contest?

Vote Donald Duke for president

3 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by chiol: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
ekene9:
Willie is good, he knows d job far more than the rest with there empty promises. Allow Willie to finish his good works. From indications it's obvious that if those guys mistakenly win, they will block all the good deeds that Willie has got on d way. very easy to criticize a sitting governor but Willie handled them well.

I am from Enugu but I think voting Obiano out will be the worst mistake for Ndi Anambra. Speaking English fluently is different from governance.

At a time many states, including the Niger Delta states, cannot pay salaries, Obiano is not owing a single month and he is still embarking on capital projects.

None of the orators told us how they will execute their plans. Those were only empty promises. Don't be deceived by long grammar.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Omofunaab2: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
That Obiano really disappointed me tonight.. .

Anyway the standard in the east is really low.. I won't be surprised if Obiano wins on Saturday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Truthbtold2: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
you would think governance is by speaking 'English' looking at Obaze but wonder where Trump is getting it wrong with America

Here is an honest rating for the debate;

Chidoka (UPP)- 1st in all ramification.

Obiano (APGA) - 2nd - He should be the first with the way he presented facts but his stuttering nature affected him.

Obaze (PDP)- 3rd - He used his ability with words to say gibberish and blow things out of proportion.

Godwin (PPA) 4th- him try.. Philanthropist, seun self.

Tony (APC)56th- where the Bleep did APC pick this guy from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Cardinaljossy(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
yeyerolling:
With d way peter obis name was been mentioned u wud tink he was contesting
The matter self tire me. That's a major turn off for me.
Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by HegenIkomkeh(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Nwoye for sure, what happened to Yul Edochie
Oga please which debate did you watch??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by chukagora(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obaze has the experience...I wish Chidoka can be deputy to Obaze...it will make so much sense.

2 Likes

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
My ranking was:
1) Obaze - articulate, focused, dignified, combative with Obiano without sounding obnoxious or insolent. Showed a good grasp of the issues as a leading technocrat of both the previous governor and incumbent.
2) Chidoka - eloquent, vibrant and super confident. Showed the best time-management. Too focused on oratory with too many rhetorical flourishes - as if he crammed his talking points. Didn't like the way he ridiculed Obiano's professional career.
3) Obiano - started disastrously. Was by the far the worst of the candidates in the first round of the debate (where he refused to answer the questions he was asked and disgressed), but came back strongly in the 2nd round with a combative performance. Wasn't articulate enough. Overran his time all night. Was the first to launch personal attacks on his opponents. He and Chidoka peddled quite a few false or unverifiable statistics.
4) Nwoye - Didn't get into much of a crossfire with other candidates, so he failed to distinguish himself among them. Not articulate and showed poor grammar. But he demonstrated a good grasp of grassroots politics.
5) Ezeemo - comfortably the worst performer. Horrible time management. Not articulate enough. No charisma. Condescendingly spoke about Anambra like we were a charity case and need him to come and rescue us. Didn't seem to have a good grasp of the issues and spoke only in ambiguous, generic terms. I can't understand why Channels invited him when his base is insignificant.

Next time, Channels have to trim the list.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Performed Best In The Anambra Governorship Debate? by sarutobie(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Omofunaab2:
That Obiano really disappointed me tonight.. .

Anyway the standard in the east is really low.. I won't be surprised if Obiano wins on Saturday
Let me guess, you’re rooting for the APC candidate right? Bleep off!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gombe Governor Inuwa Yahaya Apologizes To Christians In The State / Let's Celebrate Lieutenant M Umar. Killed By Boko Haram (Photo) / APC Campaign Rally In Sokoto (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.