Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,154 members, 7,838,950 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best (22017 Views)

COVID-19: UNILAG Students Vacating The Hostel (Video) / UNILAG Students Dragging Water From A Broken Tap / OAU Vs UNILAG- Students Battle Each Other On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

All inclusive, the lawn and shrubs around the hostels should be calming to the mind and as one steps inside the hostel the ambience should invoke a sense that those living in it are minds who are drivers of positive change and not feel that you have entered a refugee camp where chaos, dirtiness and dilapidation is the norm.

OK first d hostels ain't DAT bad, second d dirtiness should be attributed to d students and last most areas of dilapidations have been fixed
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by greenek: 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
naylor:

The same way you quoted me, use it to browse.
After all, google is your friend.

browse what?
search for a lie?
abi search for what isnt
please quote facts ehn

only south Africa and Egypt that made the list

please check ur facts well ehn

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

I know you also laughed as you typed the 40% as we both know the real score cheesy No one enjoys stressful situations.
well I am laughing bow but d point remains dat most peoples from oau know d worth of what dey are getting
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
OK first d hostels ain't DAT bad, second d dirtiness should be attributed to d students and last most areas of dilapidations have been fixed

I admire your optimism but most VCs of Nigerian universities don't even believe in the system they head but would prefer their children school somewhere else.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by hadow(m): 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pavore9:

I admire your optimism but most VCs of Nigerian universities don't even believe in the system they head but would prefer their children school somewhere else.
I disagree with dat
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by IgedeBushBoy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
BSU is the best any day, any time. You have to experience it to understand tongue
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Pavore9: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
hadow:
I disagree with dat

It is your right.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by NoToPile: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
shizzy7:
If there is nothing special there, why did you go back for another program?

It seems you really want to be part of the 'brand' by all means.

1 Its in Lagos, I wouldn't want to run a PG program too far away from Lagos for flexibility reasons, it makes sense if you work and live in Lagos to run a PG program in Lagos.

2. Its more or less like a continuation it makes sense for me to run the concluding part where I started, instead of starting all over again somewhere far, already used to the dept and lecturers and you need very good rapport with your supervisors if running a PG program.

It doesn't have anything to do with the being a part of the brand by all means its just convenient.

There's really nothing special about UNILAG and other government owned universities, it sounds harsh but its the truth and I wonder why people find this difficult to admit.

Our universities are below average that's just the truth, does that mean we won't run programs in naija? Of course not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by naylor(f): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
greenek:

browse what?
search for a lie?
abi search for what isnt
please quote facts ehn

only south Africa and Egypt that made the list

please check ur facts well ehn
Well I see you followed my instructions and browsed, you even screenshot the page. LMAO. Good.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by ImaIma1(f): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
Op have you heard about University of Ibadan? And have you heard how the students brag about it? Unilag doesn't come close

2 Likes

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by greenek: 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
naylor:

Well I see you followed my instructions and browsed, you even screenshot the page. LMAO. Good.

learn to quote facts, and be honourable..
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Ofemannnu: 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Some people jealous us..
Some people jealous us..
Some people jealous us because we are the greatest.
Saying hello to Prof Okunuga..my course adviser in 100 level,Prof Olaleru..one of the best mathematicians in the world--

check buffalo.com and the others in the faculty of science too numerous to mention...
I say great Akokites...............aluta continua.

1 Like

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Duru009(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
I did my Bsc in UNIBEN but masters in UNILAG ..

UNIBEN remains the best university!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Faraidi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
writerights:

http://opera.pulse.ng/communities/student/heres-why-unilag-students-feel-they-are-the-best-id7577982.html

Rubbish for is it not the same so-called UNILAG that a welder wrote exam for an undergraduate? Yeye de small. Come to University of Benin and see for yourself. UNIBEN has one of the most respected Alumni not that crap UNILAG

1 Like

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Faraidi(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
Rchibs:
Olosho A1
Drugs abuse A1
Bragging about how good dey are A1

Modified
Never Marry a girl from that school.. only a handful are clean, the remaining,..................#fact, if you doubt me,
Friday visit any of the hostels in school and the clubs in the ajoining areas in Sabo, Iwaya and Akoka.
you are 100 � on point. That was how I met one yeye Brat. I was wooing her, and she was forming UNILAG product. I told her I'm from the almighty UNIBEN. TRUST me, I just bullshit her.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Menzy86(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
Not when you are a graduate of ABU will u ever be intimidated by a graduate of any other Nigerian university. Produced more prominent personalities than UNILAG and undoubtedly has the STRONGEST and MOST INFLUENTIAL alumni Association in Nigeria. Infrastructurally too, UNILAG dey learn. What more can I say?
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello OP,
Thanks for sharing this information.
I just want to use this avenue to inform interested students and online learners about these free beta tutorials being tested on https://nigerianscholars.com/tutorials/. The more students try it out, the better we can make it.
Best Regards.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Equiano: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nigeria has only one University, which is University of Nigeria Nsukka and it's campuses scattered in each state of the federation.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by vannessa7(f): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
sdindan:
After they will still carry file for 6yrs like others.

Please talk money.

Wrong, I've never been to an interview without getting the respect of the interviewer, there is this pause when you state you are from Unilag, they want to employ you unless you don't perform well at the interview, I got a job four months after your service and I resigned by myself from several coys to move to better jobs, I just turned down a great job offer to head the estate department of a law firm yesterday, the job was offered to me but I decided to give the corporate world a break for now, Unilag rock

2 Likes

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by vannessa7(f): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
NoToPile:
I laugh when people shout unilag.

Most if not all government owned universities in Nigeria are below par, unilag inclusive.

Nothing special about the school, I did a PG program there and I am currently running another PG program there.

I have said it before and will say it again unilag is just a brand that's all.

Your experience don't count as a pg student, you are matured and really not into the school culture, it's when you come in as a wide eyed naive teenager or early twenties and the life and culture of the school hit you hard you know you are on a rollercoaster and your life can never remain the same, even if you live as a puritan born again or hijab sister watching things from the side line you are still blown away, I did my first degree and masters there, you are an outsider as a post graduate student, Unilag is da bomb,

2 Likes

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by kenchizzy(m): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
UNN IS THE BFST and that's is why it is called university of nigeria.talking about prominent people.....unn give u all...to get first class is tough compare to unilag.don't be fool by the saying that lagos is the centre of excellency then u peg inteligent people to be 4rm there....BRO unn is the best(u can confirm it 4rm ur VC).
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by exquisite007: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Congratulations to them.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by sdindan: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
vannessa7:

Wrong, I've never been to an interview without getting the respect of the interviewer, there is this pause when you state you are from Unilag, they want to employ you unless you don't perform well at the interview, I got a job four months after your service and I resigned by myself from several coys to move to better jobs, I just turned down a great job offer to head the estate department of a law firm yesterday, the job was offered to me but I decided to give the corporate world a break for now, Unilag rock

I wanted to say u are lucky,
I come check ,you are a woman
I gave up!
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by greenek: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
vannessa7:

Your experience don't count as a pg student, you are matured and really not into the school culture, it's when you come in as a wide eyed naive teenager or early twenties and the life and culture of the school hit you hard you know you are on a rollercoaster and your life can never remain the same, even if you live as a puritan born again or hijab sister watching things from the side line you are still blown away, I did my first degree and masters there, you are an outsider as a post graduate student, Unilag is da bomb,

cool cool cool smiley smiley

see the difference between a unilag and another university's product. See her articulation and the way she brought forth her points nicely and without insult or abuse of other school.

1 Like

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Adamrealman78: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
When you get an education, apply it's principles to daily life and become a solution to challenges. People would call you names! wink
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Nationalman: 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every human resources personnel knows that Unilag graduates are incompetent for corporate responsibilities.
Guy why u dey lie.its obvious that unilag is one school many of you still wished you had gotten admission into.deep down in your hearts you had wished for.

1 Like

Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by wyqay: 6:15am On Nov 14, 2017
take it or leave it,the greatest Akokites
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Ezi39: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
ImaIma1:
Op have you heard about University of Ibadan? And have you heard how the students brag about it? Unilag doesn't come close
You can say it again!
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Ezi39: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
writerights:

http://opera.pulse.ng/communities/student/heres-why-unilag-students-feel-they-are-the-best-id7577982.html

Even with your praises, NUC still rank other universities ahead of UNILAG. This is to say that those criterion are not enough to take UNILAG to where you place it.
The perfidy in which Lagos schools engage in order to help students pass exam is enough to rank Lagos schools low.
I came to Lagos to witness a corporate cheating in public exams. Since then, I'm looking at the certificate of anybody that graduated in Lagos schools with askance. UNILAG is not exempted.
Re: Why UNILAG Students Think They Are The Best by Anomz: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Nobody is saying anything about the quality of lecturers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Bag Phds In Mathematics / Chinelo Okafor Jennifer Receives 26000 As UNN Best Graduating Student In Faculty / Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.