Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,014 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Muslim And Christian In The Lord Help Your Brother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslim And Christian In The Lord Help Your Brother (577 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / Atheist And A Christian In Danger / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muslim And Christian In The Lord Help Your Brother by ramonbell: 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2010
I had admission into lasu but am disqualified during the intervew pls i need your help.pls time is running out i need you help.you can mail me on beebeedew@ovi.com or post it here
Re: Muslim And Christian In The Lord Help Your Brother by MyJoe: 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
I don't know the particulars of your case, but you appear to be in a crisis. Considering a similar case that turned tragic a couple of years ago, and having seen a post where you described this as your "life", let me give you some admonition.

University education is very important, since it often makes the difference between who becomes MD and who becomes a labourer. But it is not do or die. I can write you a long list of people who are highly successful who did not attend a university. And there are countless people who seek the admission you so badly crave but gave it up. Some give it up for pursuits they consider more important. Some give it up because a disease got into them. Others give it up because they have no money.

It all depends on your life objectives. If you want to be a doctor, or lawyer, or teacher, for instance, you require the studies offered at a university or a similar institution. But there are people who are not specific on these. They just want to live a fulfilled and happy life. For them, no university education is really necessary. They can go into business and make all the money they want. It is said that being a university graduate can make you more successful in business – that is academic, as nobody has any evidence to prove that people with advanced degrees are more successful in business than whose who aren’t.

The above said, what you need to do now is calm down. When you calm down you can think constructively and see if there is anything you can still do. An older confidant may be able to help you get through these tough times. Whatever happens, you have to move on. Wise and gifted men who study the laws that operate in creation tell us that it is not usually how much we fight that give us what we want. Your determination and effort are important, no doubt. But after doing your best, what do you have left? The factors you have no control over take over! That is where the grace of God comes in. Christians consider this to be the direct intervention of God. What is certain is that that which you deserve will come to you at the right time. There is nothing you pray for that you (1) deserve and (2) is good for you, that will not come to you. Nothing. God’s time may be different from yours. Whatever may be the general perception around, your life does not depend on a certificate.

All your classmates have gained admission since three years ago, and your parents are beginning to join in the taunts. Just calm down. They know not what they do. I don’t know how old you are, but you sound young. If you are determined to go to university, you will go. There are countless years ahead. If you don’t make it this year, try in the coming year. Meanwhile appreciate the fact that you are not afflicted with a disease or poverty like some who got admission and had to give it all up. Occupy yourself with important things, like trying to develop yourself and be more useful to your family, community, church or mosque.

I have said too many words already. May the grace of God be with you.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General / Durable Gospels Blueprint For Partnership/sponsorship / Why Cant We Perform Miracles By Our Selves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.