Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Not To Be A BLACKFACE And EEDRIS ABDULKARIM - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Not To Be A BLACKFACE And EEDRIS ABDULKARIM (415 Views)

Faze Doesn't Know What It Means For Someone's Song To Be Stolen - Blackface (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Be A BLACKFACE And EEDRIS ABDULKARIM by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 13, 2017
I used to run a music studio many years ago in the university. i invested my school fees, feeding money on equipments. i produced an album for each of them - without a contract (we were young and stupid). i spent money, effort, energy, time, it affected my studies. Unfortunately things didn't work out. These were people who used to call me everyday, we lived like brothers. i fed them, accommodated them, assisted them whenever i could. The moment my business fell apart, they disappeared, moved on with their lives. One is a pastor today. i havent heard from him for more than 7 years. he's doing very well financially. I was bitter for a looooooong time. i used to tell myself "i sacrificed for this guy and now he doesn't even call to check up on me". Even when you call its like you are bothering him. i stopped calling, he never called, we havent spoken for years. One day while reading about Blackface's rants online i realised ....."i'm like this guy"...and i didnt like it.

There are many people going through experiences like these..... if you are, understand this
1) You are living in the past. Its time to MOVE ON!!!!! You cant achieve anything if you keep looking behind. Bringing things from the past up, it'll affect new opportunities. Nobody wants to do business with a complainer. Always talking about how you "made this person" or "helped that person" and "theyre not grateful". Its bullshit. Learn your lessons and MOVE ON.

2) You are still expecting a future (that you created in your mind in the past) to come to pass. It wont. That girl that left you heartbroken 5 years ago WILL NEVER COME BACK TO YOU!!!! Yes you paid for her school fees, yes you showed her love, yes she cheated, it has passed. stop saying Karma is a bitch and will catch up with her, leave Karma to do its job, it doesnt need you to remind it. And when that girl becomes better and better in life financially, career wise, it'll keep paining you because you expected Karma to deal with her. Stop dealing with yourself...Tuface will never be in a group with Blackface, or pay Blackface for a song, your wicked boss that sacked you will not fall sick and die or lose his/her company. You experienced whatever you experienced to learn a lesson. If you dont let go of the "future" you thought you'd have and make moves with respect to the conditions you have found yourself now, you will become extinct.

Again, how did i move on? I moved on. I told myself what can i do now? Ive messed up in school, came out with a poor result, failed in music business, what now? How can i apply my skills, connections i have acquired to achieve what i want to achieve in life? No past hurt or experience influenced my decision making,......something profound happened. All the people who whenever i meet them we talked about "the past" and they started avoiding me...i had something new to discuss with them. lots of opportunities and frontiers opened up beyond the scale i ever had in the past that i completely forgot about past grudges......and guess what? one of the guys who offended me in the past was in a position to endorse me and ofcourse he did positively (what if we were still beefing and arguing over rights and wrongs? i would have had a new reason to keep being bitter)

Dont be a blackfaze or Edris...(with all due respect to them, im just using them as metaphors)

lalasticlala

P.S.: i work in a maritime company and i use the skills i learnt from entertainment (softwares, marketing, online promo) to get the job and apply in the job, and also in building my growing startup. Especially online promo, trust me, most of these multinationals employ "school marketers". i learnt "street marketing" from entertainment, opening the company to new streams of income, though small compared to whats been obtainable but its still something.
Re: How Not To Be A BLACKFACE And EEDRIS ABDULKARIM by DozieInc(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2017
Makes sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Certified By IOSH, ABIOSH, OGSC & ISPON Approved HSE Company / Architects In Nigeria / 75% Off All Designs!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.