Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,380 members, 7,853,690 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Vampires Are Real And Amongst Us - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Vampires Are Real And Amongst Us (985 Views)

The Beginning(Vampires Of Rebellion #1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vampires Are Real And Amongst Us by Queerlyshrewd: 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
I like vampire movies. I love the face of fear vampires bring on their impending "Human Meal".The power and sway of a vampire is completely mesmerising, it's totally relieving that vampires aren't real.
But Dr. David Dolphin doesn't agree with me, He actually thinks Vampires do exist and they probably live among us although in such few numbers.

Surprised?
Here's how Dr. David Dolphin plans to convince you.

He thinks Vampires are just human beings with genetic disorders in synthesis of Heme and thus leading to the varying types of Porphyrias, but of all the kinds of Porphyrias there's one that gives credence to his work. Its one of the rarer ones, the accumulation of uroporphyrinogen 1 deficiency .

It's almost impossible to make medical stuff sound fun and interesting, but just know there are a class of people who are not alright on the inside.

Dr. David Dolphin explains why Vampires (a.k.a people who suffer from uroporphyrinogen 1 deficiency ) fear sunlight is because of the effects of the condition, it makes sunlight burn and may cause fingers and nose to fall off. It also causes the teeth and lips to be so taut all under exposure to sunlight.

Why do Vampires(porphyria victims) fear garlic?
Garlic is a known "no-no" to porphyria victims because it exacerbates the condition

Lastly and to the most interesting part.
Why do vampires drink blood?
Remember a meme that read that "vampires drink blood because they can't produce vitamin D and so they take it from someone else's blood?"
Well, heres another one to consider.
Porphyria sufferers actually can't or produce very little Heme as stated earlier, and to get Heme (which is major constitute of haemoglobin needed to transport oxygen) they have to suck it out of their victims.
In short, they drink blood because they need heme.

Did Dr. David Dolphin convince you?
Do you believe Vampires are real now?

http://queerlyshrewd..com

1 Like

Re: Vampires Are Real And Amongst Us by olayinks007(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
False jor. I believe vampire film is fiction.

(1) (Reply)

My Housemaid - Episode 5 / Amazon Monthly Payroll / blur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.