Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc (750 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android / 10 Reasons Why Iphone Beats Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by byrdbillz(m): 7:24am On Nov 14, 2017
1. The beauty of Apple design is that you can pick up any of its products and teach yourself how to use it. Without thinking much. Humans love to not think much. The iPhone is intuitive, it's simple and the design is so tasteful that it sucks you in. An Android phone, on the other hand, is too often like a PC. You have to learn how the designer was thinking, as opposed to the designer learning how you think.

2. iOS Software Updates. Android Software Just Dates.

Yes, Apple's software can sometimes be buggy. But when there's new software available, everyone can get it with a simple download. Compare this with Android. Its new software, Marshmallow was officially launched last October. Guess how many Android phones now have it? 2.3 percent. This drives many Android users demented. Sometimes, it just drives them to buy an iPhone.

3. The Genius Factor.

Many people thought Steve Jobs quite lunatic for opening stores in shopping malls. But Apple thinks hard about people and their needs. One of those needs is to have someone on hand -- other than a pot-addled nephew, that is -- who can fix the phone if it goes wrong. Geniuses (who may be someone's pot-addled nephews) may not always be geniuses, but if you make an appointment, there's an excellent chance that they can set you right. Before you toss the phone at the wall, that is.

4. It Works With Your Mac, Doesn't It?

Your MacBook can do things for your iPhone -- like send texts. Your phone plugs into your Mac effortlessly, which connects just as effortlessly to your cloud. It just works. With Android, you need to juggle third-party apps and all sorts of other annoying elements. Google didn't think it needed to create a hardware-software ecosystem. It wasn't quite right about that.

5. iPhone Has No Bloatware.

You get an iPhone. You turn it on. You have a few Apple apps. The rest is up to you. Not so with an Android phone. You get all sorts of nonsense apps that clutter your screen and your life. You even get the carrier's apps, the ones you so, so desperately crave. And then it's your job to either try to uninstall them (which, in some cases, isn't allowed) or find a pot-addled nephew to delete them in some less than optimum (or less than legal) way.

6. Developers Would Rather Make Apps For iPhone.

The apps you want are far more likely to be on the iPhone first. Many developers prefer iPhone. (It's easier, remember.) It's one of those things that became self-fulfilling. iPhones are cooler, so developers want to design for the cool platform first. The situation is changing slowly. However, even updates to apps are far more likely to happen first on your iPhone.

7. iPhone Is Consistent. Android Is All Over The Place.

By controlling the number of different phones it releases, Apple creates a consistent design, with consistent operating principles and consistent performance (mostly). Android phones are so different from each other that Google has now, lamentably late, begun to advertise Android by saying: "Be Together, Not The Same." However, there is no real togetherness among Android phones. There are just too many of them and they're all of such differing quality.

8. iPhone Is More Secure.

The recent battle between Apple and the FBI shows that Apple believes privacy and security are fundamental to the Apple brand. Apple is increasing the depth of its encryption. Android is behind on this. We've all become so lax about our security, as we desperately click "I agree" on things we really shouldn't agree to, that we just hope for the best if we think about it at all. Perhaps we still don't care enough. But with ever more personal information on our phones than ever, Apple is showing that security matters.

9. The Feeling. Just The Feeling.

Samsung has made great progress, especially with its Galaxy S7 Edge. The attention to detail, however, both in hardware and software is still edged by Apple. Apple's progress has undoubtedly slowed. Its phones are in danger of seeming samey. But the whole Apple ecosystem, once it has you in its grasp, is hard to leave. You've had those sort of relationships, haven't you? They lasted years, didn't they

MrBillz
Appledoctor.

1 Like

Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by raker300: 7:42am On Nov 14, 2017
My own is:

What apple phones do naturally, you’ll need to download an app to do on android devices..it’s just annoying.

Wch is why android users have way too many apps on their fones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2017
I wish

App Developers prefers iOS app to Android
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by Remijuice: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2017
Which Apple phone can I get for N30000?
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by Collinz2(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2017
Speaking of software update use any nexus device and come back and tell me if they dnt get up date.

And samsung are good in design.

since developers create apps for ios first before android now tell me will the ios user use all the app features and does it really matters if one get apps first.

why wont ios work with mac os when thesame people created them and why would u expect android to work with mac or windows pc without any software when goole dnt make pcs. If android has pc it will be a different case, remember windows 10 work with windows phone.
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by Collinz2(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2017
And speaking of security its just an illusion, give hackers chance they will hack anything.
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by WizAkzy: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
I saw on Twitter today That hackers have hacked the new iPhone x. Don't compare Android to ios please.
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by MarkWayne89: 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
As an iPhone 6 user, I can say that security is surely better on iOS than on Android. However, with the nest iPhone X issues, I am not sure about this anymore. sad
Re: Why Iphone Is Better Than Android. Appledoc by Emerikoss: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
Who Iphone epp, I no like am sef

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Clone / Can't Login Via Gmail,playstore On My Android / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32GB Price N90k Negotiable Pay On Delivery Lagos Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.