Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is (3277 Views)

Why Are Muslims Allowed To Attack Christianity On Nairaland? Pix / Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi / Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
For if Christians had continued to act like the Christ they claim to believe in, Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity won't be the mediocrity it is today. Noisy. Pompous. Arrogant. Petulant.

Next Sunday, walk into any church. Raise these prayer points. Let all who lie die by fire. Let all who abuse public offices and office of trust be brought down by the Holy Ghost. May the mouths of those who have eaten "government money" seal up. And watch the service end early. They'd rather fight unseen enemies, evil uncles/aunties, and their village people.

That's all Christianity has become - a list of prayer points and tithe.

There are good Christians, who still appreciate the use of intellect and reason. Unfortunately, a vast majority of their brethren consider these Christians 'oversabi, atheist-to-be'. For them, to use the brain is to be carnal, to be in the flesh. Those in the Spirit, simply believe, no questions asked. Doubt or skepticism is not permitted.

But without doubt, I ask, how would you know truth or fact? Without skepticism, how do you tell TRUE from FALSE?

So when you see fellow Christians asking questions about tithes, be thankful for their doubts. Be grateful, for it gives a chance for one to review, and reveal new things. Doubts, when dismissed with reproach and threats, breeds rebellion. Even Christian history tells this story.

But, alas, how much does the average Nigerian know about Christianity? Most even believe Christianity is not a religion. Call me mad.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by hopefulLandlord: 8:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
nice one
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2017
If this same logic was applied to ATR as it is, I think it would also be good and grand.

The Chinese has made theirs enviable undecided
In fact most kids want to be Shaolin monks now.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2017
Chrisrianity is not a religion sah....issa lifestyle grin grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Niflheim(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2017
@sonofthelightbearer,

For it is only through doubt and rebellion, that man has ever made progress!!!

“No creed must be accepted upon authority of a "divine" nature. Religions must be put to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted- no standard of measurement deified. There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands, and what man has made, man can destroy!” ---Anton Lavey

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2017
Niflheim:
@sonofthelightbearer,

For it is only through doubt and rebellion, that man has ever made progress!!!
wink
Hope lalasticlala likes this one. angry

3 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by sonofluc1fer: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
correctguy101:
If this same logic was applied to ATR as it is, I think it would also be good and grand.

ATR is complex, and concrete information on most of it is hard to find. Also, Nollywood has misrepresented it. It would take years to change people's attitude towards it.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

ATR is complex, and concrete information on most of it is hard to find. Also, Nollywood has misrepresented it. It would take years to change people's attitude towards it.

It's complex but so is nature. I was born and bred in the Yoruba land and I understand their traditional beliefs more than most average Yoruba adults even some older men.

It's just education, if you were educated on it, you would understand it especially if you've read wide on the sciences. You would see the correlations here and there in IFA study.
Concrete information is not hard to find, just ask sincerely or for curiosity sake and any oluwo will explain things clearer to you. It's what I did, coupled with personal research when I was interested knowing about it.

I have an educated friend of mine who is currently a certified oluwo.

And Nollywood, real jokers and destroyers of our cultural heritage. It would definitely take years but which belief system didn't take years?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by LightSpirit: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
Sadly, christianity (especially in Nigeria)now suffers a queer hijack by its mostly ignorant adherents. It is now for most "christians" a means to a materialistic end.

Whereas Holy Lord Jesus taught that "one can't serve God and mammon", but for naija, what is being promoted is that one can serve mammon by "God's grace".

4 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
correctguy101:

It's complex but so is nature. I was born and bred in the Yoruba land and I understand their traditional beliefs more than most average Yoruba adults even some older men.

It's just education, if you were educated on it, you would understand it especially if you've read wide on the sciences. You would see the correlations here and there in IFA study.
Concrete information is not hard to find, just ask sincerely or for curiosity sake and any oluwo will explain things clearer to you. It's what I did, coupled with personal research when I was interested knowing about it.

I have an educated friend of mine who is currently a certified oluwo.

And Nollywood, real jokers and destroyers of our cultural heritage. It would definitely take years but which belief system didn't take years?

Nollywood is a reflection of how we see things generally as a society. You can't give what you don't have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
lalasticlala good thread for fp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
How atheists invade any thread discussing Christianity

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by hahn(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Ishilove:
How atheists invade any thread discussing Christianity

When Christians try to defend Christianity

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
hahn:

Your POV is highly subjective wink
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by anonimi: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
hahn:

No one is trying to defend Christianity.
You have those trying to defend their gods of men from those calling them to Biblical order so they stop leading their sheeple astray to eternal damnation in hell fire.
May that not be our portion in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Matthew 25:31-46King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A31-46&version=KJV

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by anonimi: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
LightSpirit:
Sadly, christianity (especially in Nigeria)now suffers a queer hijack by its mostly ignorant adherents. It is now for most "christians" a means to a materialistic end.

Whereas Holy Lord Jesus taught that "one can't serve God and mammon", but for naija, what is being promoted is that one can serve mammon by "God's grace".

Yet many of the sheeple are unwilling to redeem themselves from the yoke placed upon them by the gods of men they worship instead of worshiping God in spirit and in truth.
Who will free them of their mental slavery to these shylocks who scam them of their hard earned money?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by anonimi: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dayvhid:

Why are you deceiving yourself?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4155194_religionquote_jpeg51ef818e81f851e5958395931ebafe6f

6 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by hahn(m): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
anonimi:

No one is trying to defend Christianity.
You have those trying to defend their gods of men from those calling them to Biblical order so they stop leading their sheeple astray to eternal damnation in hell fire.
May that not be our portion in Jesus name. Amen!!!

*In Fela's voice*

Confusion breaki bone e yekpa! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Meti99(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
I laugh when I read some guys say "what is holding African youth backward is religion"

the problem of Africa is not religion but leadership. Africa don't even practise religion as much as the Chinese do...

stop looking for excuse for your failure. you can start a revolution of a better Africa but stop your ignoramous foolishness

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

Nollywood is a reflection of how we see things generally as a society. You can't give what you don't have.

What do you really mean by you can't give what you don't have?

Note that Nollywood is bastardizing our traditional religion.

Simply look at it this way.....

Another man's ancestors and God is the true one but yours are demons and demonic....

Can you see the folly?

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Yet Christianity keep march on like a mighty Army.
A Christian is a new and superior creature they are the product of Christ on the cross.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dayvhid:
undecided christianity is not a religion? Of course not it's a sport. Mtewwwwwww. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 11:40pm On Nov 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahn:

*In Fela's voice*

Confusion breaki bone e yekpa! grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 12:10am On Nov 17, 2017
hahn:

I swear, you are a funny character grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by budaatum: 12:27am On Nov 17, 2017
LightSpirit:

Pay your tithes please. Me too want private jet!
Mein Gott's Grace
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 12:47am On Nov 17, 2017
budaatum:
Pay your tithes please. Me too want private jet! Mein Gott's Grace
Otem come and see... budaATUM...
or is this you? undecided
Na you make me hear ATUM first o. Whois search enabled....
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by correctguy101(m): 1:04am On Nov 17, 2017
Meti99:
I laugh when I read some guys say "what is holding African youth backward is religion"

the problem of Africa is not religion but leadership. Africa don't even practise religion as much as the Chinese do...

stop looking for excuse for your failure. you can start a revolution of a better Africa but stop your ignoramous foolishness

True talk...

But not religion, not even the leadership per se......

But cowardice of the learned and enlightened...

We only have those learned and enlightened who'll laugh and scorn your spoken English or lack of information..... Brag about their intellect and educational documents, background and achievements...... Some even help the bad managers of Africa exploit Africa and it's human and natural resources..... idiot soldiers who would protect the same animals in human skins that would cause them suffering in their old age and their progeny in penury....

Sometimes, ignorance is truly bliss, knowledge is power but also a punishment.... undecided

Let's just face it, religion is a meager part of our problem but cowardice is a major part of it.

Ojukwu started something good but ran away cos he isn't in it for the common good but it's obvious he's in it for what he'll personally get from it.....

Uwazuruike, Nnamdi Kanu... all act bold but are using the masses as shield for themselves. Cowardice don finish us all....

This same cowardice will let us succumb to degrading sturvs like greed and the likes....

I don rant finish... if you think religion put Nigeria where it is today abeg, tell me how...

I wouldn't argue it with anyone but it's same cowardice that's making us look at religion for an escape it'll never give....

Make your excuses known I don go sleep, till 2mao...

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 17, 2017
correctguy101:

What do you really mean by you can't give what you don't have?

Note that Nollywood is bastardizing our traditional religion.

Simply look at it this way.....

Another man's ancestors and God is the true one but yours are demons and demonic....

Can you see the folly?

The fault is not in Nollywood, but in our society. we see ATR as evil due to colonial religions.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by delexy123: 2:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

The fault is not in Nollywood, but in our society. we see ATR as evil due to colonial religions.
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 17, 2017
Martinez19:
undecided christianity is not a religion? Of course not it's a sport. Mtewwwwwww. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion. undecided
See as sarcasm fly pass ur head grin
Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Martinez19(m): 10:18am On Nov 17, 2017
Dayvhid:

See as sarcasm fly pass ur head grin
grin grin grin don't mind me, my blood just dey hot.

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Things You Love That Are Banned In The Bible / The Purpose of Life (why were we created?) / When Is Jesus God And When Is He Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.