Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) (692 Views)

Woman Loses Custody Of Her Son After Subjecting Him To Severe Abuse In Nigeria / Meet Gosiame Thamara Sithole Who Gave Birth To 10 Babies In South Africa / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by iGISTMORE: 5:03am On Nov 15, 2017
@GISTMORE

Jacintah Akinyi, a Kenyan mother who gave birth to an extremely rare naturally-conceived quintuplets has lost all five babies.

The 30-year old mother, who did not know she was carrying five babies went into labour on Sunday and gave birth to two babies at home, who both died, before being transferred to the Kisii Teaching and Referral hospital.

Nurse Manager Florence Ogero said a third baby died that night, due to being underweight and suffering a condition caused by low levels of blood platelets. “The other one had severe pneumonia and from all those birth-related complications, these babies have succumbed. It was a premature delivery and the mother did not attend antenatal clinic. The multiple deliveries were diagnosed upon delivery so there was no anticipation. We have tried our level best because they were being taken care of by a competent team” she told AFP.

Akinyi is already the mother of four children, and lost a fifth in an earlier pregnancy. There is a one in 60 million chance of a mother falling pregnant with five babies, without hormone treatment, experts say.

SOURCE https://www.gistmore.com/30-year-old-woman-loses-five-babies-one-day

Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by majamajic(m): 5:09am On Nov 15, 2017
advantages of anti natal. .. my prayers with her
Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by xreal: 5:28am On Nov 15, 2017
I don't know whether I should insult this woman or console her.
Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by stnkembu(m): 6:01am On Nov 15, 2017
Poverty is a ba.start.rd.
Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by Flexherbal(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2017
May the good Lord console her!
Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2017
xreal:
I don't know whether I should insult this woman or console her.

Please console her and let's put the blame on poverty.
5 kids just like that?!
Painful!!
Re: 30-year Old Woman Loses Five Babies In One Day (photo) by Samsimple(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2017
I trust my mama she for don dey roll for main road

(1) (Reply)

Mum Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / Checkout Beautiful Image Of Today Nairaland Topics .... / My Friend Wants To End His 2years Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.